16 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Humbercod
September 1, 2021, 12:55am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82

You can say what you want I was there watching with my two eyes, for 45 minutes we did jack excrement, but defend deep and hoof the ball aimlessly back to Stockport, boring negative football that was getting us knowhere and almost resulted in us being 2 nil down before the half time whistle.

2nd half like I've said we attacked Stockport from the kick off we pressed them high and they were nothing they were forced tro hoof the ball aimlessly onto Pearson, Waterfall and Lounge-Kings heads which we should be forcing teams to do all day.

I know which football worked better, I know which football wasn't working. I know which of the two styles I'd rather watch.

I'm not a negative person I'm a realist I'll be positive when theres something to be positive about (which I have been about the 2nd half), but the happy clapper on here think we can only say positive things about everything Hurst and what the club does (no matter how bad it might be). I'm sorry the 1st 45 minutes were like watching Holloways team last season which made us all want to watch paint dry instead so I said it. I had paid to watch Grimsby play football for 90 minutes not 45. You accept dross you get dross, we should be holding this team to higher standard then they were showing in that first half doesn't matter who you're playing Weymouth, Stockport, Man U it doesn't matter. We're in this excrement league because of happy clapper don't holding managers, players owners accountable for bad performances, decisions and actions they just pretend that Hurst farts rainbows and shits unicorns and can do no wrong instead.

This 100% any sane person listening to that first half would of realised something was drastically wrong. But the Hurst clappers won’t hear any of it…‘we had a good first half keeping them out’ they say!
I listened to the Hurst interview before the game and he made Stockport sound like a premiership team, why does he do this?
And then when Tondeur announced the formation I could almost feel what he was thinking, It was obvious Hurst was going with the classic over cautious routine. That fact is we were lucky as you rightly say on another night those chances go in and we’ve lost the match.

But fair play to Hurst he has it seems given us a competitive team and this is where he deserves credit, because if he could install the right mindset and belief going into the games we could win this league based on our 2nd half performance, I believe it was 2 points dropped tonight we shouldn’t be sitting back for anyone in this league including Wrexham.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 152
ska face
September 1, 2021, 8:24am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,567
Gold Stars: 839

We're in this excrement league because of happy clapper don't holding managers, players owners accountable for bad performances, decisions and actions they just pretend that Hurst farts rainbows and shits unicorns and can do no wrong instead.

Even by your admittedly low standards, that’s as big a load of shíte as I’ve ever read on here. We’re here because the fans are too accepting of bad managers? We’ve been through Hurst, Bignot, Jolley, Limbrick, Holloway, Slade and Hurst again in 5 years, with a slack handful of caretakers on top, and all of these spent most of their time getting caned off the fans. Not sure if these were happy clappers or realists (ffs!) like yourself though, either way it’s irrelevant when the managers are accountable to the board and chairman, not the fans.
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 152
September 1, 2021, 8:58am
Guest User

Sorry that bit is Dyslexia brain not typing everything in the thought process mixed with typing while walking to the train,. Should of been lucky point first half, probably dropped two second half

Nothing lucky about it, as far as I can see we set up to defend a point against the team fancied to win promotion.  What would you have us do, go flat out attacking and leave many more chances for them to counterattack?  We were not poor, we kept a clean sheet against a top team, and I am happy with that.  What do you think we should do, go attacking in every game?  That would be stupid.

Reply: 142 - 152
LH
September 1, 2021, 10:28am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
I don’t know why people go well out their way to follow Town with their preformed opinions on how it’s going to go before they even get in the car. Maybe get a new hobby and stop taking tickets away from people who would actually enjoy themselves while they’re there?
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 152
lew chaterleys lover
September 1, 2021, 10:34am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,652
Gold Stars: 234

You can say what you want I was there watching with my two eyes, for 45 minutes we did jack excrement, but defend deep and hoof the ball aimlessly back to Stockport, boring negative football that was getting us knowhere and almost resulted in us being 2 nil down before the half time whistle.

2nd half like I've said we attacked Stockport from the kick off we pressed them high and they were nothing they were forced tro hoof the ball aimlessly onto Pearson, Waterfall and Lounge-Kings heads which we should be forcing teams to do all day.

I know which football worked better, I know which football wasn't working. I know which of the two styles I'd rather watch.

I'm not a negative person I'm a realist I'll be positive when theres something to be positive about (which I have been about the 2nd half), but the happy clapper on here think we can only say positive things about everything Hurst and what the club does (no matter how bad it might be). I'm sorry the 1st 45 minutes were like watching Holloways team last season which made us all want to watch paint dry instead so I said it. I had paid to watch Grimsby play football for 90 minutes not 45. You accept dross you get dross, we should be holding this team to higher standard then they were showing in that first half doesn't matter who you're playing Weymouth, Stockport, Man U it doesn't matter. We're in this excrement league because of happy clapper don't holding managers, players owners accountable for bad performances, decisions and actions they just pretend that Hurst farts rainbows and shits unicorns and can do no wrong instead.

I think Hurst agreed with you judging by his post-match interview.

A great point anyway, however it came as confidence-building is crucial early in the season. If we can win on Saturday it will be an excellent start.
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 152
jamesgtfc
September 1, 2021, 10:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,942
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from LH
I don’t know why people go well out their way to follow Town with their preformed opinions on how it’s going to go before they even get in the car. Maybe get a new hobby and stop taking tickets away from people who would actually enjoy themselves while they’re there?

I think a lot of people watch 5 minutes of highlights and expect to see that for 90 minutes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 152
pontoonlew
September 1, 2021, 1:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,841
Gold Stars: 167
It’s not wrong to say we were very poor in the first half, not sure why there’s been a pile on about it. No doubt some of the post is harsh but it’s a fact we were woeful first half, didn’t really hear any moaning about it in the crowd but a universal acceptance that it was dross.

Always seems to be the ones who didn’t attend who get most offended by it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 152
BobbyCummingsTackle
September 1, 2021, 1:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,192
Gold Stars: 291

I am currently out of the country with limited internet access.

Your posts are invaluable.

If I need to catch up on a Town match ‘x’ number of hours after the match, I can read your posts, digest them like a prune smoothie and understand that what actually happened is the exact opposite of what you have bashed out on your keyboard.

You are like Anton Diffring in ‘Escape To Victory’.

I really don't want to think about what he bashes out on his keyboard....

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 152
TAGG
September 1, 2021, 1:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,960
Gold Stars: 124
Listened on radio and it sounds like we were negative in the first half and very poor apart from Harry.
Second half loads better after Hurst had sorted them out.

I don't think we went out to play negative in the first half, listening to Hurst interview he wanted them to get up the pitch in the first half but the players didn't do as they were told.

Four points, two clean sheets, why all the hand ringing and moaning???
Good start in my book, on to the next game.
Come on Town

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 152
MarinerDevil
September 1, 2021, 3:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,706
Gold Stars: 80
It's not controversial to say the first half was disappointing; Hurst said as much.  Doesn't sound like it was the plan to defend deep at all, it was more a case of our full backs not being able to push forward often enough and letting Stockport pen us in.  

Don't know why we need to separate into pro- and anti- camps already, people are free to call a performance 'poor' if they feel like it, although I do find the "typical Hurst" low-blows tedious so maybe hold those comments in for a bit?  

Anyway, a win against struggling Barnet on Saturday and I would say it's been a positive start.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 152
16 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread v Stockport

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.