HertsGTFC
August 7, 2021, 10:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,870
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from stevebiggin
Well my short friendly note to Grimsby supporters has seemed to upset some commentators.At no time have tried to teach anyone to suck eggs,the basic fact is the NL has moved on at quite a rate ,just look at the teams who have been promoted in recent seasons and how they have established themselves.Back to the allocation of tickets ,it’s a business call I think,live on BT late kick would have been an influence,in the past visiting clubs have sold out and further tickets have been allocated .
Our capacity is 5150 so 800 is a fair % ,let’s look forward to a special day for both teams.
If anyone can get a ticket to be close to the away fans enclosure you need to be in the standing area behind the goal as opposed the seating area behind the goal,I hope this helps.

I have a couple of questions on this,

- I think from my CSE Maths 800 is around 15% is that what you'd normally allocate?
- Do you normally do ticket only for away fans and if the game wasn't on BT would you think we'd have been given more?
- Do you have a 4G pitch? I'm really interested to see what the difference looks like, personally I like the idea and think it should be extended into the EFL.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 146
stevebiggin
August 7, 2021, 10:38am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +4
Re 15% I need be more ,as explained depends on the uptake,regarding BT it’s a a rare event s cannot answer with honesty,finally we have a 4g pitch which financially is a godsend.We receive additional income 52 weeks a year together with other outdoor pitches.We are also tenants to another club Cray Valley Wanderers who are a semi pro club .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 146
HertsGTFC
August 7, 2021, 11:29am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,870
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from stevebiggin
Re 15% I need be more ,as explained depends on the uptake,regarding BT it’s a a rare event s cannot answer with honesty,finally we have a 4g pitch which financially is a godsend.We receive additional income 52 weeks a year together with other outdoor pitches.We are also tenants to another club Cray Valley Wanderers who are a semi pro club .

Thanks, the 4G thing is a really good thing for any small club.    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 146
Son of Cod
August 7, 2021, 2:47pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,326
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from stevebiggin
Well my short friendly note to Grimsby supporters has seemed to upset some commentators.At no time have tried to teach anyone to suck eggs,the basic fact is the NL has moved on at quite a rate ,just look at the teams who have been promoted in recent seasons and how they have established themselves.Back to the allocation of tickets ,it’s a business call I think,live on BT late kick would have been an influence,in the past visiting clubs have sold out and further tickets have been allocated .
Our capacity is 5150 so 800 is a fair % ,let’s look forward to a special day for both teams.
If anyone can get a ticket to be close to the away fans enclosure you need to be in the standing area behind the goal as opposed the seating area behind the goal,I hope this helps.

The top end of The Conference is weaker than when we were last down there. You only have to look at the squads for a few minutes and compare them to the teams that were getting promoted previously. However, it seems very much like the rest of the division has picked up and there are no longer really any whipping boys.

Cheers for the stand advice, so are you saying go in The North Terrace then? I'm trying to get my head around the layout of your ground and where the seating/standing areas are but can't figure it out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 146
stevebiggin
August 7, 2021, 3:02pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +4
Your looking for the north terrace ,if you intend to use the home entrance remember to use your very best southern accent or failing that I suggest sign language.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 146
Son of Cod
August 7, 2021, 3:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from stevebiggin
Your looking for the north terrace ,if you intend to use the home entrance remember to use your very best southern accent or failing that I suggest sign language.

Haha cheers, I've already decided I'm a ground hopper who was a kink for going wherever the BT cameras are and nobody can prove otherwise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 146
BraStrap
August 7, 2021, 4:12pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +81
Gold Stars: 1
Going to be hard to go to games this year. Can see me drifting away altogether. Especially as got out of the habit. At least it means less misery.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 146
Mariner93er
August 7, 2021, 4:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from Son of Cod

The top end of The Conference is weaker than when we were last down there. You only have to look at the squads for a few minutes and compare them to the teams that were getting promoted previously. However, it seems very much like the rest of the division has picked up and there are no longer really any whipping.

I don’t think that’s true. Sure there was generally one or two good teams but this season there’s much more competition with Stockport, wrexham, county and Chesterfield all having strong squads. I don’t think it’s wide of the mark to say the national league has risen in quality since we were last down here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 146
jamesgtfc
August 7, 2021, 5:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,940
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Son of Cod

Haha cheers, I've already decided I'm a ground hopper who was a kink for going wherever the BT cameras are and nobody can prove otherwise.

Whatever floats your boat 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 146
Son of Cod
August 7, 2021, 7:20pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Mariner93er

I don’t think that’s true. Sure there was generally one or two good teams but this season there’s much more competition with Stockport, wrexham, county and Chesterfield all having strong squads. I don’t think it’s wide of the mark to say the national league has risen in quality since we were last down here.

Okay, I'll rephrase that...before this coming season, the top end in most recent seasons looked weaker than when we were last down here. This is going mainly off the opinion of people I know who support Conference teams. Last time round, it seemed much more like there was a gulf between the sides going for the playoff spots and those in midtable and below. Now it seems like the quality in those sides from say 10th down is better. I do agree that the top looks like it's gonna be tough this season, however I still don't think any of the sides up there will be anything as good as the likes of Crawley, Fleetwood and Luton from our first stint down there. Paddy Madden, Scott Quigley and Paul Mullins are way off the likes of Vardy and Andre Gray.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 146
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bromley Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.