15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
August 6, 2021, 9:55pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from buckstown
I've missed the annual "Omar's coming home" thread. Used to be well exciting on a boring July afternoon!

I'm still living in hope, not pulled any trees up at donny.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 146
GollyGTFC
August 6, 2021, 10:06pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from stevebiggin
Firstly you will discover Grantham Mariner this NL has moved on since your last inclusion,players now being transferred for upto 250k with 1st and 2nd division salaries plus the reliance on signing players towards the end of their career is diminishing.
Yes Kingston Mariner spoons opp the station is convenient pub together with the Bricklayers Arms on Masons Hill where you can have some heathy banter .

We were there for 6 seasons from 2010/11 to 2015/16 seasons. For the first 4 seasons we had Luton with a L1 budget. And we had Crawley & Fleetwood promoted with big budgets in 2010/11 & 2011/12. We then had Bristol Rovers promoted in 2014/15 with a League 1 budget. And we had Forest Green increasing their budget year on year until they were the highest spenders in the season we escaped. And there were others such as Eastleigh spending big too.

Stockport & Wrexham didn't invent having big budgets in the Conference/National League. We coped back then with an owner as tight as a gnat's chuff so you can understand why we are quietly confident with new owners willing to invest in players, improving the facilities at the club (pitches at BP & training ground, sprinkler system, new gym, new video analysis/briefing room etc...) & increasing our backroom staff (Increased first team coaching staff, new First Team Performance Analyst, new Club Chef etc...)

And signing players at the end of their career didn't work back then either. Wrexham tried that again and again & this is their 14th season at this level I think.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 81 - 146
LH
August 6, 2021, 10:15pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
Christ - if I read any more comments from other club’s fans saying we know nothing about non-league I’ll go mad. I know more than I’ve ever expected or wanted to know about non-league already, thanks.
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 146
Belfast Town
August 7, 2021, 7:59am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,689
Gold Stars: 19
An initial 800 tickets go on sale on Monday to season ticket holders on a one for one basis. Presumably we’ll be allocated more if these sell out and us exiles might get a chance to buy tickets in due course.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 146
aldi_01
August 7, 2021, 8:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Belfast Town
An initial 800 tickets go on sale on Monday to season ticket holders on a one for one basis. Presumably we’ll be allocated more if these sell out and us exiles might get a chance to buy tickets in due course.

I wouldn’t get your hopes up…it makes zero sense on Bromley’s part to give us so few tickets…their ground hasn’t been open for over a year, surely you’d wanna fill it as best you can. You’d imagine so few tickets is likely to cause more issues than just giving us say 1500.

And whilst I’m aware it’s done with good intentions but we don’t need someone telling us how excrement the conference is and how teams throw obscene cash at things…sadly, Becauee of urine poor club management we’ve been down here before…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 146
Son of Cod
August 7, 2021, 8:53am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from stevebiggin
Greeting fellow national league supporters.Your ticket allocation from our ground capacity is very much in line to what you can expect throughout the league.As for out singing here at Bromley,that will not be difficult however it’s most likely a warm welcome can be expected.
The national league you will find will be no pushover ,the last time we opened the season at home against a relegated team(Wrexham) we won 3-0.
Looking forward to welcoming You all

It might be very much in line with the rest of the division, but your club should be recognising the fact that this is the first competitive match back after such a long absence. You're also not in a position to be throwing away upwards of 50k over the course of the season which is what you're essentially doing by giving us,
Stockport, Notts, Wrexham, etc. limited allocations like that. Is there a specific reason why you can't give us more? Hopefully they'll see sense and increase that allocation somehow. If not and you really want to be a nice welcoming fellow non-league supporter, perhaps you can be kind enough to let us know which home end we need to be in to be next to or as close as possible to the Town fans in the away end?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 146
Garth
August 7, 2021, 9:25am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from stevebiggin
Firstly you will discover Grantham Mariner this NL has moved on since your last inclusion,players now being transferred for upto 250k with 1st and 2nd division salaries plus the reliance on signing players towards the end of their career is diminishing.
Yes Kingston Mariner spoons opp the station is convenient pub together with the Bricklayers Arms on Masons Hill where you can have some heathy banter .

Hasn't moved on that much when clubs like yours still have a crowd mentality of ten years ago, can't teach your grandmother to suck eggs

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 146
HertsGTFC
August 7, 2021, 9:55am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Regardless of the ticketing situation if we take 800 all the way to Bromley for a 5.15 kick I reckon that's a pretty good effort.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 146
stevebiggin
August 7, 2021, 10:14am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +4
Well my short friendly note to Grimsby supporters has seemed to upset some commentators.At no time have tried to teach anyone to suck eggs,the basic fact is the NL has moved on at quite a rate ,just look at the teams who have been promoted in recent seasons and how they have established themselves.Back to the allocation of tickets ,it’s a business call I think,live on BT late kick would have been an influence,in the past visiting clubs have sold out and further tickets have been allocated .
Our capacity is 5150 so 800 is a fair % ,let’s look forward to a special day for both teams.
If anyone can get a ticket to be close to the away fans enclosure you need to be in the standing area behind the goal as opposed the seating area behind the goal,I hope this helps.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 146
KingstonMariner
August 7, 2021, 10:21am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
800 might be a fair percentage if you normally got 4000 home fans.

How much money does the home team make from BT televising s game? From memory last time round, it was barely enough to buy a quick how’s your father with Sticky Vickie up Star Lane in St Mary Cray, and a some crab powder afterwards.

PS you can have your cake and eat it. Regardless of whether it’s on BT Sport, over 1000 Grimsby fans will turn up.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 146
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bromley Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.