4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 31, 2021, 1:51pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +829
Gold Stars: 117
Hurst, in his post match interview said that Scannell heard something 'pop'. By the looks of the photo of him being carried off by our 'B team' medical team, if his achilles has gone, he could be out for the season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 31
moosey_club
July 31, 2021, 6:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,212
Gold Stars: 226
"Scans" is probably the most appropriate player nickname we have had for a long time.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 31
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 31, 2021, 7:01pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +829
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from moosey_club
"Scans" is probably the most appropriate player nickname we have had for a long time.

That's true
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 31
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
August 1, 2021, 10:52am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
I don’t know what the problem is for Scannell but the sheer number of injuries is worrisome. We now have the medical/training/physio/fitness team the Hurst wanted. We have much better facilities too. I am a great fan of Dave Moore as well. But to get so many injuries especially in training (Scannell’s latest excepted) and easy friendlies is a cause for concern surely. Have they got these personal fitness programmes right?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 31
jamesgtfc
August 1, 2021, 11:08am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,942
Gold Stars: 190
I don’t know what the problem is for Scannell but the sheer number of injuries is worrisome. We now have the medical/training/physio/fitness team the Hurst wanted. We have much better facilities too. I am a great fan of Dave Moore as well. But to get so many injuries especially in training (Scannell’s latest excepted) and easy friendlies is a cause for concern surely. Have they got these personal fitness programmes right?

Scannell came with a track record of getting injured putting his boots on.

I know he's been cast to one side but George Williams came here on the back of troublesome injuries and we've probably only been able to sign Ben Fox due to his recent injury. Max Wright has had a tough time with injuries since he did a full season for Boston.

It's possible that LJL has overdone the weights as he looked absolutely ripped and Taylor has a recurrence of a previous hamstring injury.

Some players are more prone than others and some long-term injuries are just freak occurrences. It's not really a surprise that Scannell is injured again but Wright still seems to be fit, Fox is fit.

I would be more concerned if people like Clifton and Coke were going down with bad injuries rather than those that you half expect to get injured.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 31
denni266
August 1, 2021, 6:19pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
Cant see why clubs take these chances with injury prone players .. Wouldnt buy a car that was alwase needing fixing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 31
arryarryarry
August 1, 2021, 6:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Scannell came with a track record of getting injured putting his boots on.

I know he's been cast to one side but George Williams came here on the back of troublesome injuries and we've probably only been able to sign Ben Fox due to his recent injury. Max Wright has had a tough time with injuries since he did a full season for Boston.

It's possible that LJL has overdone the weights as he looked absolutely ripped and Taylor has a recurrence of a previous hamstring injury.

Some players are more prone than others and some long-term injuries are just freak occurrences. It's not really a surprise that Scannell is injured again but Wright still seems to be fit, Fox is fit.

I would be more concerned if people like Clifton and Coke were going down with bad injuries rather than those that you half expect to get injured.

I think it is to be expected to have players injured when we keep signing players that have had significant time out with bad injuries.

As for Coke I would expect him to spend a significant time on the table as he has only played 50 games in the last 8 seasons.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 31
buckstown
August 1, 2021, 6:58pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,172
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from denni266
Cant see why clubs take these chances with injury prone players .. Wouldnt buy a car that was alwase needing fixing

Think that's a really good point but like dodgy cars they're cheaper than normal. Gives teams like us a chance to take a shot on real quality (hopefully Fox) or just save money which the previous regime was rather keen on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 31
Hagrid
August 1, 2021, 7:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Quoted from arryarryarry

I think it is to be expected to have players injured when we keep signing players that have had significant time out with bad injuries.

As for Coke I would expect him to spend a significant time on the table as he has only played 50 games in the last 8 seasons.

I hope not. Think he’s vital for us
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 31
Kris2
August 1, 2021, 8:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from denni266

Some players are able to come back from bad injuries and have a decent career. Most of the time clubs are probably hoping they can get enough games out of them to get some value on their quality before they break down again, like these people who buy classic cars that need fixing up to say they have it even if they end up spending more time working on it than driving it.

We took a chance on Michael Reddy who we never would have had a chance of signing if he didn't suffer so many injury setbacks. He was valued at 5 million just 3 years before we signed him for free. We got one good season out of him which nearly won us automatic promotion, was probably bad luck with the injury that ended his career and a freak accident taking him off in the playoff final that killed it for us. If he'd remained fit to the end we probably would have managed promotion. It might only pay off 1 in 10 times but teams will always take a chance on quality and experience if they have a chance to sign it because of injury issues. I guess Danny Andrew is one of our more recent success stories with taking a chance on a player that had been struggling with injury issues, he's now back with Fleetwood who released him because of injury issues.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scannell injury

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.