arryarryarry
July 30, 2021, 11:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from samg

Is that the 11 that will walk out in the first game of the season?? - I think not

Did you go?

All I said was that it was poor and some of the players don't look good enough.

Private Message
Reply: 100 - 119
AndyGTFC
July 31, 2021, 12:18am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +795
Gold Stars: 5
Did go and it was indeed incredibly poor, wouldn't like many of that lot to be starting league games for us that's for sure. But I guess it is only pre-season...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 119
Hagrid
July 31, 2021, 4:51am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,381
Gold Stars: 527
OTT Reactions putting it mildly

Some morons on twitter, one directly tweeting Jackson Jr saying come back
And another saying bring back Rose And Williams
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 119
Nelly GTFC
July 31, 2021, 6:23am
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,724
Gold Stars: 30
[youtube]DtS6U9Bs4Fg[/youtube]

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 119
DB
July 31, 2021, 6:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,972
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
[youtube]DtS6U9Bs4Fg[/youtube]

Hurst didn't pull his punches about the younger players and gave them no excuses. He expected a win and pointed out that the younger players are either in or around the first team squad. Neither did he use this week's session at the 'spa' as an excuse for having no energy, nor the pitch.

His main concern was for the injuries picked up along with the 2 we already have. It's good to hear his expectations of a win every time Town play and not put up with 2nd rate performances; however, as he said it's pre-season matches.

I didn't realise we needed international clearance for the new keeper. I think Adlard missed a very good chance and didn't do himself any favours for the immediate future.

Tuesday it's Alfreton, another outing for what I assume will be a changed team for another pre season friendly and hopefully a win.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 119
Davec
July 31, 2021, 7:28am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
I didn't go but I did listen to it and I did watch the interview and the brief highlights on the YouTube channel.

It is only pre season and the starting 11 yesterday is not going to be anywhere near close to our starting 11 in the league.

Adlard will be very disappointed with the chances he missed, it's terrible technique on both occasions and I'm sure he knows it.

A slight concern is that is our back 4 yesterday of Sears, Pearson, Longe - King and Revan could certainly be the same back 4 that starts a league game and they got turned inside out by Hyde, of course we must remember behind them they never had a senior keeper and in front of them they didn't have an experienced midfield.

Starting to pick up injuries which is a bigger concern as Hurst said. Still pre season, still a long way to go and plenty more players to sign ( might be a few more with the injuries)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 119
moosey_club
July 31, 2021, 8:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
Whilst it may only be a pre season game, getting fitness, understanding etc it is worrying that parts of what played tonight are almost currently our second choice/ reserves players.
It was similar against Rotherham, starting 11 looked pretty competitive,  as soon as we made just 3 or 4 subs we were into the youth.
Tonight starting squad was weaker and again the depth of quality not there.

I can sort of understand why people would call for Rose, William's etc as if we are still paying them why not use them ?  Obviously Hurst has his reasons but with more injuries tonight then an already challenged squad gets more, Hurst stated he would have liked to have brought Macatee on but clearly in his mind he is currently the only fit central forward at the club so doesn't want to risk losing him in a meaningless game.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 119
ginnywings
July 31, 2021, 9:46am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Looks like we dont have much strength in depth with a few senior players being frozen out. I suspect we will be wanting them out the door asap so we can replace them with more experienced players, but if we get a few more injuries, we could be starting the season with a few of the less senior pros in and around the team.

Hurst is clearly not going to bring any of Jackson, Rose, Williams etc back into the fold unless he really has to. He's stubborn that way. Hope it doesn't cost us as we need to get off to a good start, but I reckon it will take a while longer yet for him to build the squad he envisages and get the players he doesn't want out of the door.

We certainly need more attacking options before the season starts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 119
aldi_01
July 31, 2021, 9:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Always funny when fans clamour for players to come in when one per season game is a bit excrement…between Rose and Williams we saw the grand total of one may be two good games…

Players in Hyde’s side take games against clubs like town as serious as possible, it’s a shop window opportunity in some respects.

The over reaction from some town fans is ducking brilliantly entertaining though…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 119
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 31, 2021, 10:05am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Just suppose we started off playing crap but had someone up front who snaffled a couple of half chances in the first 10 minutes. Totally different game then isn't it?

To me it seems we are playing on the edge, on the nerves even, because one mistake is trouble and two means we’re dead. As long as we have nobody up front or wherever who can give us that buffer of a goal or two start  so those young players can relax a bit and knock the ball around without being scared stiff we are going to have some problems.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 119
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hyde match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.