BeijingMariner
July 31, 2021, 5:52am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Welcome back - I suspect you missed Brigg Grammar School / SJN off that list, am I right?

I don't think I'll be at that game, but I'll be at a few home and away so see you in the fan zone sometime - you going to live in Gy / Clee area?

I did indeed! Was I being stalked all that time? Technically I missed off Laceby too I'll be living in Cleethorpes for the first year I thinki. See you in the fan zone!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
BeijingMariner
July 31, 2021, 5:55am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from gary_elton
Welcome HOME...  did you really attend BGS/SJN  ? I am an Old Briggensian too... Hope to catch you at BP sometime, perhaps the odd away one too  

Yes sir, 1974-81, day student, Ken Lamming was the art teacher and Jock Longdon the cruel Chemistry tyrant. See you there!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
DB
July 31, 2021, 6:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,975
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from BeijingMariner

Yes sir, 1974-81, day student, Ken Lamming was the art teacher and Jock Longdon the cruel Chemistry tyrant. See you there!

Jack Moore was far superior and Jock could only teach theory with his notes! Without them, he could only spend the time trying to find them. He wasn't much better at PE either. As you say a tyrant.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
Limerick Mariner
July 31, 2021, 6:35am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,664
Gold Stars: 136

I did indeed! Was I being stalked all that time? Technically I missed off Laceby too I'll be living in Cleethorpes for the first year I thinki. See you in the fan zone!

I'd say more a Product of Reason...

(I'm getting like Fillipe Noche now...)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
Limerick Mariner
July 31, 2021, 6:44am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from DB

Jack Moore was far superior and Jock could only teach theory with his notes! Without them, he could only spend the time trying to find them. He wasn't much better at PE either. As you say a tyrant.

Feck...we need our own sub-forum - Fishy Briggensians - Twas in the Days of Charles...

Archie Moore was ace...I would say that though he was my god parent. Sadly died of Alzheimer's, I went to the funeral and met a few of the old teachers, for some of whom I was the bane their teaching life for a while...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
Limerick Mariner
July 31, 2021, 6:50am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from gary_elton
Welcome HOME...  did you really attend BGS/SJN  ? I am an Old Briggensian too... Hope to catch you at BP sometime, perhaps the odd away one too  

Didn't realise that Gary and your only down the road as well...

We do have Briggensian / Ancholme Jolly Boys trips to away games - had just started planning one for Stockport when they shifted it to the Tuesday night.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
DB
July 31, 2021, 7:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,975
Gold Stars: 386

Feck...we need our own sub-forum - Fishy Briggensians - Twas in the Days of Charles...

Archie Moore was ace...I would say that though he was my god parent. Sadly died of Alzheimer's, I went to the funeral and met a few of the old teachers, for some of whom I was the bane their teaching life for a while...

My favourite was 'chips' Morris for french, not forgetting a first year Physics teacher Dave Britton. Fortitudine

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
moosey_club
July 31, 2021, 8:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,211
Gold Stars: 226

ok mate cheers, thats very generous.

Touche

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
BeijingMariner
July 31, 2021, 1:45pm
Cocktail Drinker

I'd say more a Product of Reason...

(I'm getting like Fillipe Noche now...)

Wow, very nice call. There is talk of more PoR music, incidentally I have just made an album with Mark Automaton from the Instant Automatons too. Now this is definitel;y non-football
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
gary_elton
July 31, 2021, 4:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6

Didn't realise that Gary and your only down the road as well...

We do have Briggensian / Ancholme Jolly Boys trips to away games - had just started planning one for Stockport when they shifted it to the Tuesday night.  

Came back to Grimsby a year ago... moved away in 1971 when I joined up.  Always up for any ex BGS/Jolly boys trip... Me  the better half and the lad just become S/T holders for the first time...

Remember Archie Moore /Jock Longdon and many others... and can still recall the first verse of the School song... Good grief... 🙄  UTM  🏴🏳🏴🏳🏴

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Attending Wrexham 14 Sept: A request

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.