Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The rumour...
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 154 Guests

The rumour...

This thread currently has 38,665 views. Print
23 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
August 11, 2021, 10:34am
Guest User
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
We’re getting soundly beaten at Bromley I think . This squads not that good . Mid table at best .

Pathetic!!

Reply: 190 - 227
Maringer
August 11, 2021, 10:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Regarding budget, it was made clear by PH that the contracted players who ‘would be putting cones out’ wouldn’t affect the budget.

I just find it quite strange that people are prepared to write this season off. I’m not sure, either, that we’ve had a ‘reasonable enough’ pre season only if you compare it with last, I guess.

How does that work, then? Don't the contracted players get paid?

It's pretty obvious that the money to cover their wages of all contracted players, whether wanted or not, will have been accounted for before the playing budget was put together so it's simply not possible it hasn't had an impact. I certainly wouldn't expect Hurst to say as much in an interview, however. It's just obvious.

Reasonable enough pre-season in terms of a couple of decent performances, despite playing with a bunch of kids up front much of the time. Would obviously have been better if most of our forwards weren't injured when these games were played, but hopefully there has been enough for other parts of the team to begin to gel.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 227
August 11, 2021, 10:35am
Guest User
Quoted from GrimExile

But surely if you’re a true GTFC fan then you support your team through thick and thin and not have the attitude of and I quote, “I like the new owners, but I’m not hanging around for another 6 years for success, no way it’s embarrassing.” I don’t want to pick a fight but I find that attitude disappointing to say the least. #UTM

Agreed 100%.

Reply: 192 - 227
August 11, 2021, 10:39am
Guest User
Quoted from denni266
Well if a top half finish in the dog and duck league is all our once respected league team can muster then my money will stay where it is.. Football is about winning end of,, Not interested in fanzones or what colour the walls are painted or fancy ticket ticket machines  its whats on the pitch that counts to the fans. Lets face it  we all wanted fenty out and someone to come in to improve the team and make us proud and respected again , And what we have so far is a mid non league squad  with no strikers , And lets be honest  Lennie is no striker  I think we expected more from our new owners on the playing side and its not happining so why come in and buy the club ?. And they are already talking about the next owners like they are not here to stay , Its all starting to feel like false hope again like every season and more and more fans are starting to see this and are starting to say so , For me you have done the same with fine words and a paint brush , Get some decent players in or lose us because thats what will happen Grimsby fans will turn very quick . Basically  if its not right on the pitch you will know about it big style ,

Wrong, the owners have always stated that they will leave the footballing side to PH and his staff.

Reply: 193 - 227
louth_in_the_south
August 11, 2021, 10:45am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
Quoted from 123614

Pathetic!!

We’ll see Mr Bear , I’m happy to be proved wrong but just saying how I see it .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 227
Son of Cod
August 11, 2021, 10:56am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.94
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,322
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from pontoonlew
I’m not sure if we were in for him or not, I’d suggest the minor meltdown on here is the result of people realising that those around us continue to sign strikers and that the ‘there aren’t any available’ excuse may be wearing slightly thin for even the most ardent user of the phrase.

Yeah, I doubt that we were ever seriously in for him. Not if the transfer fee is as high as it's rumoured to be be. Have read 250k.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 227
Davec
August 11, 2021, 11:57am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
I'll take Danny Rose from Northampton if he is willing to drop down, I would also take Akinde Cheek and Scott Boden, I think we need 2 strikers so any 2 from those 4 would I think be decent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 227
jamesgtfc
August 11, 2021, 12:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,815
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from Davec
I'll take Danny Rose from Northampton if he is willing to drop down, I would also take Akinde Cheek and Scott Boden, I think we need 2 strikers so any 2 from those 4 would I think be decent.

I mentioned Scott Boden at the start of the summer when I saw Chesterfield had released him and got criticised for it but he was good enough for play-off finalists Torquay last season.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 227
Poojah
August 11, 2021, 12:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,489
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I mentioned Scott Boden at the start of the summer when I saw Chesterfield had released him and got criticised for it but he was good enough for play-off finalists Torquay last season.

Scott Boden's a good, steady Conference-level striker. 9 in 27 last season is a decent-ish ratio, working out at about 15 goals over a 44 game season. Given where we appear to find ourselves (though let's admit it, none of us know what's going on behind the scenes), I think he'd be a reasonable signing however given that he's a few months off his 32nd birthday you'd really hope to see someone younger coming in alongside. All just speculation of course. You'd have imagined if we were in for him we'd have done it by now.

One other name probably worth throwing into the mix is Alex Jones, previously signed by Hurst during our promotion season. Had a pretty prolific season at Port Vale in League One a few years ago (15 in 37) but seems to have struggled since. Worth a punt? I have absolutely no idea.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 227
pen penfras
August 11, 2021, 12:24pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from 123614

You mean another non-supporter jumps ship with his intentions NOT to go to any games this season.

Says the guy who openly boasts about watching our matches on pirate streams?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 227
23 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The rumour...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.