Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The rumour...
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 150 Guests

The rumour...

This thread currently has 38,664 views. Print
23 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
louth_in_the_south
August 11, 2021, 12:16am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
We’re getting soundly beaten at Bromley I think . This squads not that good . Mid table at best .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 227
GrimExile
August 11, 2021, 12:48am
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from Heisenberg
Wow, this is depressing. I have never ever been this unenthusiastic about a season. People accepting we’re  not amongst the top runners. Another season in non league, and with a potentially average squad. No marquee signings, yet the others around us manage it.

Non league is beneath us. Whether that’s a sentiment from the past or not is irrelevant to me, I personally have no time for it. I have no intention of going to games this season. I hope I get dragged in by surprising results and an uplift in results, but it’s probably not happening.

I can’t help but think the unwanted players we have under contract will haunt us this season. Oh, and of course the players that we’ve signed who are too old and readying themselves for a season on the treatment table, a la Hanson.

If you don’t spend big you rot in this league.

Last season beat the fight out of me, and this pre season has not brought it back.

I like the new owners, but I’m not hanging around another 6 years for success, no way, it’s embarrassing.

But surely if you’re a true GTFC fan then you support your team through thick and thin and not have the attitude of and I quote, “I like the new owners, but I’m not hanging around for another 6 years for success, no way it’s embarrassing.” I don’t want to pick a fight but I find that attitude disappointing to say the least. #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 227
bobbyturtle
August 11, 2021, 12:59am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
think weve got our knickers in a twist

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 227
GrimExile
August 11, 2021, 1:06am
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from bobbyturtle

No not at all. Well at least I don’t think so!!! 😁😁😁
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 227
somersetmariner
August 11, 2021, 2:13am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +253
Gold Stars: 4
Depressing to read this thread. Marquee signings ?! We’re not Barcelona or Man City….I think the unrealism of championship manager, alcohol and delusion have taken effect.

Paul hurst will have built a squad / team hard to break down and score against. We will score some good goals too.

Cheer up you lot.

you can take the boy out of grimsby......but you can't take grimsby out of his soul, his blood, his semen!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 227
Mallyner
August 11, 2021, 6:59am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,509
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from bobbyturtle

He sounds similar to me. I got into my wife's knickers this morning; and they are bloody tight.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 227
GtfcGarner
August 11, 2021, 7:07am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +31 / -13
Approval: +1,788
Gold Stars: 26
Lets just wait till around 10 games in.. Big marquee signings don't always guarantee success. The football may be dry and we will grind out the top tier games trying to keep clean sheets but that's the way Paul has had success in the past. Still feel he is working hard behind the scenes to get the right players here at Town, what if we outbid Chesterfield for Tshimanga on a better deal and a 3-year contract only for him to score 5 in his first season - we would all go nuts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 227
jamesgtfc
August 11, 2021, 7:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,815
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Lets just wait till around 10 games in.. Big marquee signings don't always guarantee success. The football may be dry and we will grind out the top tier games trying to keep clean sheets but that's the way Paul has had success in the past. Still feel he is working hard behind the scenes to get the right players here at Town, what if we outbid Chesterfield for Tshimanga on a better deal and a 3-year contract only for him to score 5 in his first season - we would all go nuts.

Exactly this. It wasn't long ago that Tshimanga was playing for Boston. Went there with good pedigree and a full-time football education at Franchise FC but was restricted to coming on from the bench because his stamina was terrible.

It looks like he has had 2 good seasons at this level for Boreham Wood but there are no doubt question marks over whether he can handle the next step up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 227
jamesgtfc
August 11, 2021, 7:56am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,815
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
We’re getting soundly beaten at Bromley I think . This squads not that good . Mid table at best .

We might lose (we might win or draw too) but I haven't seen anything to suggest we will get "soundly beaten."

Our defence is solid, our midfield looks good and solid so I don't think we will concede a lot of goals.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 227
denni266
August 11, 2021, 7:58am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +635
Gold Stars: 129
Well if a top half finish in the dog and duck league is all our once respected league team can muster then my money will stay where it is.. Football is about winning end of,, Not interested in fanzones or what colour the walls are painted or fancy ticket ticket machines  its whats on the pitch that counts to the fans. Lets face it  we all wanted fenty out and someone to come in to improve the team and make us proud and respected again , And what we have so far is a mid non league squad  with no strikers , And lets be honest  Lennie is no striker  I think we expected more from our new owners on the playing side and its not happining so why come in and buy the club ?. And they are already talking about the next owners like they are not here to stay , Its all starting to feel like false hope again like every season and more and more fans are starting to see this and are starting to say so , For me you have done the same with fine words and a paint brush , Get some decent players in or lose us because thats what will happen Grimsby fans will turn very quick . Basically  if its not right on the pitch you will know about it big style ,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 227
23 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The rumour...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.