Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The rumour...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 299 Guests

The rumour...

This thread currently has 38,890 views. Print
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Son of Cod
July 30, 2021, 8:48am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Hagrid
Looks nothing like him. I saw this on twitter

Quoted from Garth
Should have gone to Specsavers, nothing like him

Quoted from Davec
Looks absolutely nothing like Michael Cheek, and I'm not entirely 100% certain it is Max Crocombe either but it does look more like Crocombe than it does Cheek!

Quoted from supertown
Wow, whoever thought that was Cheek has serious eye problems

I don't think he looks that unlike Cheek. I can see it's not him, but there's definitely a resemblance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 227
KingstonMariner
July 30, 2021, 8:55am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Not signing Cheek is a bit of a slap in the face

Just have the turn the other one

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 227
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 30, 2021, 9:19am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +831
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Son of Cod
I don't think he looks that unlike Cheek. I can see it's not him, but there's definitely a resemblance.

How do you do that multiple quoted text thing?

I have only been able to quote one at a time  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 227
gtfc_akpa_akpro
July 30, 2021, 9:29am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / -3
Approval: +104
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Not signing Cheek is a bit of a slap in the face

This is awful

i would really like to know biccys favourite biscuit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 227
golfer
July 30, 2021, 9:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Keep finger on unox with thumb on cetex- then with left hand press down Q -L-Z and the Shift key --simultaneously type in your name with your right hand.  SIMPLE.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 227
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 30, 2021, 9:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from golfer
Keep finger on unox with thumb on cetex- then with left hand press down Q -L-Z and the Shift key --simultaneously type in your name with your right hand.  SIMPLE.

That’s where Lincoln fans have the upper hand!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 227
Abdul19
July 30, 2021, 10:04am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Not been this excited about a NZ player since Hamish Watson and Jason Batty.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 227
Son of Cod
July 30, 2021, 10:04am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196

How do you do that multiple quoted text thing?

I have only been able to quote one at a time  

Bit of a faff, I click quote and then copy it and then go back to the thread and click quote on the next one and paste it in and so on...does that make sense? Not sure if I've explained that well?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 227
July 30, 2021, 10:15am
Guest User
So maybe this is the time to speculate about something that's been bothering me for quite a while now.......the number 9 Shirt!

We have 8 listed players as forwards, not all are strikers, but none of them have been given the Number 9 shirt.  The only thing I can come up with is that PH is waiting for a certain players contract to end on 31st July, the deal might have already been done, or he might have to fight for him.  I can't imagine PH keeping the number 9 shirt open just in case he spots a good striker somewhere, so what do you guys think?  I'm all out of bubblegum and desperate to see who our new number 9 will be!
Reply: 18 - 227
Poojah
July 30, 2021, 10:26am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,428
Gold Stars: 1,499
Quoted from 123614
So maybe this is the time to speculate about something that's been bothering me for quite a while now.......the number 9 Shirt!

We have 8 listed players as forwards, not all are strikers, but none of them have been given the Number 9 shirt.  The only thing I can come up with is that PH is waiting for a certain players contract to end on 31st July, the deal might have already been done, or he might have to fight for him.  I can't imagine PH keeping the number 9 shirt open just in case he spots a good striker somewhere, so what do you guys think?  I'm all out of bubblegum and desperate to see who our new number 9 will be!

It appears to me that there's a place, and crucially budget, being left open for the signing of a striker towards the more 'marquee' end of the spectrum - or at least as marquee as we're likely to get at this level. I'm generally pretty happy with the shape of the squad but if there's an standout deficiency it's that there isn't an obvious goal scorer amongst our forwards.

Granted, Alan Connell didn't necessarily look like an obvious goal scorer on paper and Lenny has previously scored 20 in a season at this level, but both he and Taylor (our only two senior out and out forwards) are more 'foil' type players.

I imagine there are two or three prime targets in mind who we are having to compete a little harder and wait a little longer for. There's an element of risk in doing that in that if you miss out you're potentially staring at less attractive options, but everything the club appears to be doing at the moment seems to be calculated, sensible and methodical - I'm confident we'll see some positive movement, potentially out of the blue, within the next couple of weeks.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 227
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The rumour...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.