Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Yet another friendly!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 195 Guests

Yet another friendly!

This thread currently has 4,358 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
RichMariner
July 26, 2021, 1:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
Like jamesgtfc says, there aren't a lot of clubs knocking about that day looking for a game. They're all playing competition football. It's only our league that has nothing to do.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 10 - 25
arryarryarry
July 26, 2021, 1:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from aldi_01
I thought we might have picked a game with an u23 game…be interesting given you’d imagine Chesterfield will be a bit of rival next year…

I mentioned a few days ago we would be playing Chesterfield and we do have a game against Burnley U23s behind closed doors the day after the Alfreton friendly so not sure yet what that squad will be.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 26, 2021, 6:31pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +836
Gold Stars: 117
I think its a pity that Town didnt manage to get a proper friendly against a higher league club (other than Rotherham) to give us the chance of a second or even third home friendly. Now we are non-league again, we should have been looking higher up the tiers for a game, rather than teams several levels below us. To lose to a team higher up the pyramid is not such a bad thing, but potentially losing to teams below us just takes the urine.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
wigworld
July 26, 2021, 7:03pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Are we atill in the Lincolnshire Cup? We might yet get a game against Lincoln or Scunny.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 25
KingstonMariner
July 26, 2021, 7:08pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from wigworld
Are we atill in the Lincolnshire Cup? We might yet get a game against Lincoln or Scunny.

We got knocked out by Stamford didn’t we? Played the youth.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
Posh Harry
July 26, 2021, 7:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,355
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from KingstonMariner

We got knocked out by Stamford didn’t we? Played the youth.

Think it was Spalding but yes, youth team.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
jamesgtfc
July 26, 2021, 7:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Posh Harry

Think it was Spalding but yes, youth team.

The semi-final and final is to be played during the season so it's understandable that we sent the kids.

I think the lack of home friendlies is due to the condition of our pitch and the work that has been done throughout the summer. Our season starts 2 weeks after League clubs and they want higher teams as they get close to their big day so timing these big friendlies is tough. We've played Mansfield and Rotherham, Boston will be a good test as they are a very good side and then we have Chesterfield. There is also Alfreton and Burnley U23 within 24 hours of each other so one of them will give our first team a decent game you would expect.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
DB
July 26, 2021, 7:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.48
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
At the end of the day, they are all training games to help the team gel. Results matter, but getting a team to gel and forming an understanding, good team spirit, on the pitch, in the dressing room, and training ground are very important.

Come the Bromley game, out of the starting gate and 3 points. Going up, of course we are.

UTM

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 25
promotion plaice
July 26, 2021, 7:54pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

Didn't we win all our pre-season games the last time/season Hurst was in charge and we played some decent teams including Derby, or did I just dream it?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
fishcake63
July 26, 2021, 8:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,224
Gold Stars: 62
Bet derybshire police looking forward to this one if accept away fans , usually carnage when i'v been there 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Yet another friendly!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.