2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Nutsy
July 25, 2021, 6:05pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +134
Gold Stars: 5
I’ve missed much of preseason and not followed the games, can some people breakdown who we’ve signed and who’s performed well (and what positions they play)!
Logged Offline
Private Message
GollyGTFC
July 25, 2021, 6:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
From the top of my head we’ve signed 2 right-backs, a left back, a centre back, a central midfielder, a winger, a couple of forwards and an old fashioned big striker.

Some of them performed well and others not so much.

I’d expect some of them to start the season in the XI and others not too.

I hope that’s useful.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 12
golfer
July 25, 2021, 7:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,377
Gold Stars: 112
Thankyou.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
moosey_club
July 25, 2021, 10:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from GollyGTFC
From the top of my head we’ve signed 2 right-backs, a left back, a centre back, a central midfielder, a winger, a couple of forwards and an old fashioned big striker.

Some of them performed well and others not so much.

I’d expect some of them to start the season in the XI and others not too.

I hope that’s useful.

More incisive than most tv pundits.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
somersetmariner
July 26, 2021, 1:48am

Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +253
Gold Stars: 4
There was a guy a few years ago who would offer the most in depth analysis of every player, every game.

His posts were always insightful and helpful for an exiled fan. Though he did get a bit carried away sometimes.

I’m not sure what happened to him. Probably drowned in his bullet points…

you can take the boy out of grimsby......but you can't take grimsby out of his soul, his blood, his semen!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
GtfcGarner
July 26, 2021, 6:54am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +31 / -13
Approval: +1,788
Gold Stars: 26
Crooks (LB) - Looks a very steady and assured type from what I've seen. A Gregor Robertson type, consistent every game.

Michee Efete (RB) - Engine like a mustang will look to get forward whenever possible and another attacking outlet, don't think we've had a full back with that much imagination to get up the pitch since Aswad Thomas. Could be a gem.

Ryan Sears (CB, RB) - Utility player who can cover a number of positions, good height and looks a very physical player. Think it was he who was at fault for goal Saturday?

David Longe-King (CB) - One of the ones I'm most excited about. Looks absolutely monstrous and will probably win just about anything in the air. Think if played next to Shaun Pearson all year he will develop leaps and bounds with positioning ect.

Shaun Pearson (CB) - Should never have been allowed to leave.

Ben Fox (CM) - Think he will turn out to be best signing of the lot, proper ball playing midfielder with absolutely bags of energy. Can see why Burton fans wanted to keep him.

Erico Sousa (LW, RW) - Another that I think will be a fan favourite. A winger that likes to get a ball and run at people, sometimes will be worth the Match day ticket price alone. Look forward to watching him play!

Joel Grant (RW, LW) - Great pedigree at a higher level and you've obviously got something about you if you've got over 20 caps for your country. If his head is in it then another gem of a signing.

Jason McAtee (AM) - Anyone who leaves Scunthorpe for Grimsby must have abit about them, looks like he will run all day and chase down balls, the sort of player who's work will go unnoticed.

Ryan Taylor (ST) - Fans everywhere he's been haven't got a bad word to say about him, only seen him for the brief cameo against Clee - hopefully his injury isn't going to keep him out for a while. Could be very very useful in this league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 26, 2021, 8:03am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,761
Gold Stars: 177
There’s a new candy girl

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
Hagrid
July 26, 2021, 8:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
Quoted from somersetmariner
There was a guy a few years ago who would offer the most in depth analysis of every player, every game.

His posts were always insightful and helpful for an exiled fan. Though he did get a bit carried away sometimes.

I’m not sure what happened to him. Probably drowned in his bullet points…

80’s glory
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
GollyGTFC
July 26, 2021, 9:10am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Crooks (LB) - Looks a very steady and assured type from what I've seen. A Gregor Robertson type, consistent every game.

Michee Efete (RB) - Engine like a mustang will look to get forward whenever possible and another attacking outlet, don't think we've had a full back with that much imagination to get up the pitch since Aswad Thomas. Could be a gem.

Ryan Sears (CB, RB) - Utility player who can cover a number of positions, good height and looks a very physical player. Think it was he who was at fault for goal Saturday?

David Longe-King (CB) - One of the ones I'm most excited about. Looks absolutely monstrous and will probably win just about anything in the air. Think if played next to Shaun Pearson all year he will develop leaps and bounds with positioning ect.

Shaun Pearson (CB) - Should never have been allowed to leave.

Ben Fox (CM) - Think he will turn out to be best signing of the lot, proper ball playing midfielder with absolutely bags of energy. Can see why Burton fans wanted to keep him.

Erico Sousa (LW, RW) - Another that I think will be a fan favourite. A winger that likes to get a ball and run at people, sometimes will be worth the Match day ticket price alone. Look forward to watching him play!

Joel Grant (RW, LW) - Great pedigree at a higher level and you've obviously got something about you if you've got over 20 caps for your country. If his head is in it then another gem of a signing.

Jason McAtee (AM) - Anyone who leaves Scunthorpe for Grimsby must have abit about them, looks like he will run all day and chase down balls, the sort of player who's work will go unnoticed.

Ryan Taylor (ST) - Fans everywhere he's been haven't got a bad word to say about him, only seen him for the brief cameo against Clee - hopefully his injury isn't going to keep him out for a while. Could be very very useful in this league.

There’s always one…
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 12
TownSNAFU5
July 26, 2021, 12:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
Maybe 80’s glory was shot by his own bullet points rather than drowned in his bullet points?

His analyses were very thorough and helped any discussion. People did not have to read them if they didn’t want to,
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
somersetmariner
July 26, 2021, 4:50pm

Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +253
Gold Stars: 4
Brilliant, Thanks

Yeah it was 80’s Glory. I did enjoy his reviews.

you can take the boy out of grimsby......but you can't take grimsby out of his soul, his blood, his semen!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
moosey_club
July 26, 2021, 5:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from GtfcGarner

He was actually getting in position to block the free header that two other players let their man have, one maybe two of the youths didnt track or challenge the header, Sears and Macca collided as they both looked to block/ save it.
Sears wasnt on for long but he looked quite quick strong and ok in the air too.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 26, 2021, 6:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +6,990
Gold Stars: 285
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
There’s a new candy girl

You are my world...

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.