Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Betting on Town to get promoted ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 395 Guests

Betting on Town to get promoted ?

This thread currently has 2,708 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Rick12
July 21, 2021, 12:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from diehardmariner

In 2015/16 we had the core of a side that had failed in the last 3 attempts at the play-offs, brought in an aging centre-back (Gowling), lost one of our better players in the summer (Magnay), had a guy who apparently his legs had gone (Disley) in the middle, a guy on the wing who was erratic at best and not good enough for the step-up above (Arnold), same on the other wing was a 35-year-old who was binned off by the side promoted at our expense (Monkhouse).  Up top we had an unproven at that level Bogle and a lad dropping down the levels with an average strike rate (Amond).  
Good post diehardmariner. I remember speaking to ex pros and some have loved the fan base and history of the club at Grimsby . Some clubs may not be as supportive of hard work and commitment due to their location eg more affluent and inferior history. I think this maybe one of the reasons why players have flourished here as opposed to other clubs. Fernando Torres I remember said similar as well in a documentary on him on Amazon prime. When he walked on the Anfield pitch and knew the love of the fans he said Iam going to be a success here which he was. Went to Chelsea where the set up was different and subsequently struggled .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
AdamHaddock
July 21, 2021, 12:37pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,839
Gold Stars: 26
I've just put town to finish in the top seven (1/2) as part of an acca

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Betting on Town to get promoted ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.