Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Recomendation for local pubs/restaurants
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 10 Guests

Recomendation for local pubs/restaurants

This thread currently has 1,841 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
July 11, 2021, 8:38am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,701
Gold Stars: 174
Have booked somewhere not mentioned on here and somewhere I'd not even thought of going for a meal.

The Kingsway Hotel on Cleethorpes Seafront. It was recommended to me by a work colleague who went recently and said that it was superb. It's under new management apparently and they are spending ten of thousands of pound doing the whole place up.

It's not really that over expensive as they do a 3 course meal for £29.95, so looking forward to it.

I'll report back what it's like after I've been.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 23
fishyfanny
July 11, 2021, 9:11am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.90
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,516
Gold Stars: 15
Sounds great Les. I've not been there for a couple of years myself, but I do hear good things about it. I think it's the cost of drinks that will hit your pocket harder than the food.

Have a great time, I'm sure you will.

For any future events, I would recommend The Ship at Barnoldby. We went there a few weeks ago and it was top notch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 23
promotion plaice
July 11, 2021, 10:17am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from Les Brechin
Have booked somewhere not mentioned on here and somewhere I'd not even thought of going for a meal.

The Kingsway Hotel on Cleethorpes Seafront. It was recommended to me by a work colleague who went recently and said that it was superb. It's under new management apparently and they are spending ten of thousands of pound doing the whole place up.

It's not really that over expensive as they do a 3 course meal for £29.95, so looking forward to it.

If you get Simon serving you Les he is a big Town and West Ham fan, loves talking about footy and a really nice guy.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 23
ginnywings
July 11, 2021, 11:47am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from fishyfanny
Sounds great Les. I've not been there for a couple of years myself, but I do hear good things about it. I think it's the cost of drinks that will hit your pocket harder than the food.

Have a great time, I'm sure you will.

For any future events, I would recommend The Ship at Barnoldby. We went there a few weeks ago and it was top notch.

We sometimes walk to Barnoldby from Bradley Woods and if you turn up there on a Sunday in walking attire, with a dog, you are gently steered into the beer garden. Little but up themselves we thought.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 23
DB
July 11, 2021, 12:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.48
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
Hope you enjoy your meal and

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 23
Maringer
July 11, 2021, 11:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,487
Gold Stars: 185
I'd heard they spent a lot of money renovating the Kingsway just before the pandemic hit. I've had some really good meals there in the past, but it tends to be at a weekend, where you're more likely to get the experienced chef working.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 23
GYinScuntland
July 13, 2021, 8:54am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
For future reference we both love the food at the New Inn at North Thoresby, well worth the drive out and cracking Sunday dinners too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 23
Les Brechin
July 13, 2021, 9:40am

Quoted from GYinScuntland
For future reference we both love the food at the New Inn at North Thoresby, well worth the drive out and cracking Sunday dinners too.

Have been to The New Inn but not recently, will have to get back there again soon.

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 23
moss_side_mariner
July 13, 2021, 1:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Les Brechin

I went there a couple of weeks ago. (Early evening). Lovely meal and great service. Tasted even better because I wasn’t paying.

I can also recommend the Crown & Anchor at Tetney Lock. Plenty of choice from light bites to hearty comforting old favourites. They usually have 6 or 7 specials too.

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 23
Les Brechin
July 13, 2021, 3:48pm

Quoted from moss_side_mariner

I went there a couple of weeks ago. (Early evening). Lovely meal and great service. Tasted even better because I wasn’t paying.

I can also recommend the Crown & Anchor at Tetney Lock. Plenty of choice from light bites to hearty comforting old favourites. They usually have 6 or 7 specials too.

Well, as it'll be my birthday meal, I won't be paying either.  

Looking forward to it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Recomendation for local pubs/restaurants

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.