2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
June 25, 2021, 6:11am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,882
Gold Stars: 82
Been busy lately ,I’ve seen we’ve signed players as we are now how would that team shape up 1-11
Logged Online
Private Message
monkeyboy
June 25, 2021, 6:20am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
What a daft question with 2 months left befors we kick a ball in anger, nevermind the fact there could be another 10 players come in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 17
GollyGTFC
June 25, 2021, 6:32am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Yeah, Hurst spoke about 12 signings didn’t he? And we’ve since lost Hewitt and are going to lose Hendrie & Khouri.

Could be around 7 more signings before we’re done.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 17
BeijingMariner
June 25, 2021, 6:36am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
wow, what a couple of responses. you know the post was just a bit of fun, right? sounds to me like you are looking for an argument
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 3 - 17
thefish
June 25, 2021, 6:40am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from BeijingMariner
wow, what a couple of responses. you know the post was just a bit of fun, right? sounds to me like you are looking for an argument

[url]https://youtu.be/ohDB5gbtaEQ[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
aussiej
June 25, 2021, 7:10am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +103
Gold Stars: 17
Here you are dapperz.

With what we have now you could play this side but bear in mind we have no out and out left back.

I personally would like us to sign another striker, left midfielder and that left back we need....

Also we need to offload the likes of: Williams, Scannell, Rose, Gibson, etc.

McKeown.

Sears.
Pearson.
Longe - King.
Efete.

Sousa.
Coke.
Fox.

John - Lewis.
Taylor.
McAtee.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
Stew0_0
June 25, 2021, 7:25am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 35
                            Mckeown

Efete    Longe-king    Pearson   New left back

Coke

New centre mid or clifton        Fox

Mcatee                                                    Sousa
                     Taylor or John-Lewis
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
ginnywings
June 25, 2021, 8:44am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Hard to say at the moment as the signings are far from over yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 17
RonMariner
June 25, 2021, 9:44am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,541
Gold Stars: 225
Quoted from ginnywings
Hard to say at the moment as the signings are far from over yet.

I agree. But the players we have already signed look like a far better bet than the crew we started with last season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
Bigdog
June 25, 2021, 10:07am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from aussiej
Here you are dapperz.

With what we have now you could play this side but bear in mind we have no out and out left back.

I personally would like us to sign another striker, left midfielder and that left back we need....

Also we need to offload the likes of: Williams, Scannell, Rose, Gibson, etc.

McKeown.

Sears.
Pearson.
Longe - King.
Efete.

Sousa.
Coke.
Fox.

John - Lewis.
Taylor.
McAtee.

I see this written so often. If and I guess there could be big ifs behind the scenes, Williams plays like he did in his last two games for us, and if Hurst wants him in our squad and Williams is 100% motivated, he would be one of the best players in the NL. I'd like to see Williams in our first XI for the opening game of the season as it would mean he's done the work and is in PH's plans. If Hurst can get a tune out of Williams why take the risk on signing someone else when William's potential performance ceiling is incredibly high for the level we are at?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 17
jamesgtfc
June 25, 2021, 10:16am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,942
Gold Stars: 190
There may well be an element of Hurst waiting for a couple to prove him wrong. We still need a few more bodies but as things stand right now:

McKeown

Etefe Pearson Longe-King Clifton

Wright Coke Fox Sousa

Taylor LJL
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
diehardmariner
June 25, 2021, 10:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,428
Gold Stars: 532
I think the fact that we were devoid of creativity for large periods of the run-in and Hurst still didn't call upon Williams, or even have him on the bench at times when we failed to name 7 subs, speaks volumes about his views on him.

Yes he had an impact in the game against Mansfield but that was pretty much all he offered the whole season.  I trust Hurst 100% when it comes to player attitudes and how they fit into the team dynamic.  Something is amiss with Williams and I'll be surprised if he's here in the near future and if he is, I can't see him featuring at all.

I'm definitely not pinning any hopes on him based on one decent 45 minute display.

Seems that we've signed a few athletic and attacking full-backs, combined with a decent number of centre-backs, I wouldn't be surprised if we go into the season with a variation of a wingback system.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
Bigdog
June 25, 2021, 10:26am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from diehardmariner
I think the fact that we were devoid of creativity for large periods of the run-in and Hurst still didn't call upon Williams, or even have him on the bench at times when we failed to name 7 subs, speaks volumes about his views on him.

Yes he had an impact in the game against Mansfield but that was pretty much all he offered the whole season. I trust Hurst 100% when it comes to player attitudes and how they fit into the team dynamic.  Something is amiss with Williams and I'll be surprised if he's here in the near future and if he is, I can't see him featuring at all.

I'm definitely not pinning any hopes on him based on one decent 45 minute display.

Seems that we've signed a few athletic and attacking full-backs, combined with a decent number of centre-backs, I wouldn't be surprised if we go into the season with a variation of a wingback system.

Pretty harsh. He was excellent against Orient, Cheltenham and Scunthorpe too, poor in a few games like every other player under Holloway, and barely featured other than that, which is where the reasonable doubt lies. And knowing Hurst, if Williams is here next season, he will be featuring in Hurst's plans as PH has made it clear there won't be any deadwood hanging around the squad for the forthcoming season..

Wouldn't be surprised if he leaves, but a 100% George Williams would be a valuable asset to any NL squad..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
OneLove
June 25, 2021, 10:42am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
the clicky fishy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
BeijingMariner
June 25, 2021, 2:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from thefish

[url]https://youtu.be/ohDB5gbtaEQ[/url]

Perfect
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
forza ivano
June 25, 2021, 3:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,135
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from diehardmariner

Yes he had an impact in the game against Mansfield but that was pretty much all he offered the whole season.  I trust Hurst 100% when it comes to player attitudes and how they fit into the team dynamic.  Something is amiss with Williams and I'll be surprised if he's here in the near future and if he is, I can't see him featuring at all.

and after that Mansfield game Hurst spent as much time bemoaning his lack of bravery and his inability to score that header as he did praising his contribution. that said a lot to me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
arryarryarry
June 25, 2021, 5:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from forza ivano

and after that Mansfield game Hurst spent as much time bemoaning his lack of bravery and his inability to score that header as he did praising his contribution. that said a lot to me

He said similar about Amond when he missed a chance with a header and after he scored with a header against I think  Altrincham he went running round the pitch tapping his head.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
dapperz fun pub
June 27, 2021, 12:17pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,882
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from BeijingMariner

This is why the fishy is regarded by many as a joke
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What’s our first 11

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.