ex-merseymariner
June 20, 2021, 6:53am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from blundellpork
The biggest surprise was that Holloway allowed our best ball playing defender to leave, then expected our worst ball playing defenders to try and play out like Man City

See also Hessenthaler, Vernam, Clarke, Garmston, Grandin, A Rose, Cardwell...
Hess and Davis were regulars in Lge 2 sides last season making their departures particularly unforgivable.

But it was all the pandemic's fault remember?

We lost half our team and we struggled to replace them as Ollie could ONLY bring in 7 loanees and Mohsini, Rose, Scannell, Morais, Williams, Jackson Sisay, Gibson etc

There's some irony that arguably the best signing last summer was the 1 they forgot to announce - Spokes!

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 39
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 20, 2021, 7:05am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Tbf I was surprised by the signing of scannel. A pretty big name that’s played at the top level. If he could’ve stayed injury free, am sure he would’ve proved to be a good signing (although, if he’d been injury free, he wouldn’t have signed for us)

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 39
GtfcGarner
June 20, 2021, 8:13am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,786
Gold Stars: 26
Feel like Harry would be a top signing. Forgive me if I'm wrong but he's also left footed from what I remember? He's just been part of a Morecambe team as a regular that was pretty much in the top 4 all throughout the season. I would have him back here tomorrow, that would leave us with Pearson, Longe-King, Davis and Waterfall. I think the latter will be moved on and maybe we bring one more in but if we can't Hurst will keep him as 4th choice. The standard of signings we have made at the minute seem fantastic on paper and can't wait to be back in BP.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 39
fishboyUTM
June 20, 2021, 8:31am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from blundellpork
The biggest surprise was that Holloway allowed our best ball playing defender to leave, then expected our worst ball playing defenders to try and play out like Man City

Staggering ineptitude. I'd love to hear him explain that one. And I actually feel for Waterfall whose confidence must have been damaged after being asked to play like Baresi. Okay, he turns like a barge, but if you ask him to win his headers and clear his lines then he's as solid as they come at L2 level. Receving the ball under pressure is not his forte, yet Holloway must have known that yet played that way AND extended his contract! Absolute madness. It's why we are where we are.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 39
jimgtfc
June 20, 2021, 8:44am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,094
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Feel like Harry would be a top signing. Forgive me if I'm wrong but he's also left footed from what I remember? He's just been part of a Morecambe team as a regular that was pretty much in the top 4 all throughout the season. I would have him back here tomorrow, that would leave us with Pearson, Longe-King, Davis and Waterfall. I think the latter will be moved on and maybe we bring one more in but if we can't Hurst will keep him as 4th choice. The standard of signings we have made at the minute seem fantastic on paper and can't wait to be back in BP.

Pretty sure he’s right footed but I agree with your points

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 39
moosey_club
June 20, 2021, 11:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Tbf I was surprised by the signing of scannel. A pretty big name that’s played at the top level. If he could’ve stayed injury free, am sure he would’ve proved to be a good signing (although, if he’d been injury free, he wouldn’t have signed for us)

Not sure having an attitude issue is an injury 😉

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 39
arryarryarry
June 20, 2021, 7:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

In most of the games he played, he played like he couldn't be arsed.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 39
Abdul19
June 30, 2021, 7:50pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,553
Gold Stars: 215

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 39
Gainsbro_Mariner
June 30, 2021, 7:55pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from Abdul19

Good luck to him.

Even after dropping out of the Football League, I’d take our situation over there’s. Things don’t look too rosey down the M180. Can’t blame Davis for remaining in the Football League but with all their current in-fighting and issues with their chairman you gotta wonder how stable that club is.

I can see Hendrie going there now

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 39
marinerdazza
June 30, 2021, 8:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,848
Gold Stars: 82
I see their “recruitment team” are back to signing players we’re after.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Harry Davis

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.