11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Sir Matt Tease
June 19, 2021, 1:09pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +285
Gold Stars: 31
England will never win this tournament playing sideways/backwards,sideways/backwards, good god that was bad !

How on earth could Scotland be deemed more "Up For It" than England ? It really beggars belief !

If these players spent as much time on their commitment to football as they do to their virtue signalling bullsh1t we would be world class !

As for Southgate, a perfect manager for the English FA, Beige, Bland and Boring !

Anybody who thinks we can win this competition needs to give their head a wobble !

Awful !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 101
Mariner93er
June 19, 2021, 1:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
Southgate is clearly a really nice guy, generates a good team spirit and talks to the media well. But he’s tactically inept. When you watch the top teams, they play with purpose. We don’t. Under Southgate we play walking football with no temp or intensity. It’s very frustrating but I genuinely believe this is the best squad we’ve had in a long time, but it’s being wasted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 101
lee65
June 19, 2021, 1:57pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,483
Gold Stars: 10
England will never win a major tournament again while our domestic game runs like it does

Plastic fans love the spectacle of the Premiership and this is what drives the game.  How many of the starters each week qualify for England, 10%?
Consequently, how many of the England “superstars” would be deemed to be in the highest rated couple of players at their own clubs?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 101
Gaffer58
June 19, 2021, 3:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Always said English players look good when playing for their clubs, they are surrounded by very good foreigners, look at the majority of the premiership, 2/3 English players in each team, then when those English players get to the internationals they are surrounded by good English players, but no foreigners to move them up a level, probably why England have only ever won 1 World Cup,at home, over the last 56 years.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 101
DB
June 19, 2021, 5:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,998
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Never mind the lifeless team performance, lacking desire and quality, the use of subs was probably as bad.  Kane has had 4 consecutive tournament games where he has been poor.  

My dad took me to my only England against Poland in 1974.  We drew then and went out the World Cup but we at least tried everything to win.  Not much has changed overall in nearly 50 years.

I agree with what you say. No win in any tor=urnament since 1966, 55 years tells the truth about every England performance. We have some very good individuals at times, but as a team they become useless.

Since Alf Ramsey every manager has failed, so has the FA in employing the wrong man, or someone as a safe option. The managers and FA board who have failed us are very good at one thing and one thing only, excuses.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 101
promotion plaice
June 19, 2021, 5:34pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from DB
Since Alf Ramsey every manager has failed, so has the FA in employing the wrong man, or someone as a safe option. The managers and FA board who have failed us are very good at one thing and one thing only, excuses.

I would have loved to have seen Cloughy given the job, what a missed opportunity that was.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 101
DB
June 19, 2021, 6:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,998
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from promotion plaice

I would have loved to have seen Cloughy given the job, what a missed opportunity that was.

I agree and I think Harry Redknapp would have been good as well.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 101
Humbercod
June 19, 2021, 6:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from promotion plaice

To outspoken!  and it’s gone that way ever since, that’s why we have Southgate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 101
mimma
June 19, 2021, 6:44pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
I think that Southgate has allowed himself to become obsessed with what people have said about not being able to defend. We have the best team going forward of any team in Europe, so concentrate on what we are good at, not what we are not so good at. The best form of defence is attack. You win by scoring more than the other team, not by keeping them out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 101
Kris2
June 19, 2021, 7:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Humbercod

To outspoken!  and it’s gone that way ever since, that’s why we have Southgate.

We have Southgate because no manager worth his salt would want the England job, especially with the players we have now it's long past top drawer managers wanting it. If you take out Capello, our last few managers read like a who's who of lower table PL managers who are good at keeping teams treading water but never great champions of the sport. Southgate looking like that friendly substitute teacher everyone wishes could teach the class all the time doesn't help. There doesn't feel like any passion or competitiveness about a very young side, they are just enjoying themselves and the match v Scotland was just a kick about with their mates. Can tell it didn't mean to them what it means to the fans.

I'm not even sure what manager would want the job now that has the ability to make these players play like they mean it.
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 101
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › England v Scotland....Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.