Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › More police corruption then.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 25 Guests

More police corruption then.

This thread currently has 3,745 views. Print
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
June 15, 2021, 10:31pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Surprise surprise.

This time the Met. Inquiry ruled that the corrupt practices still go on and weren’t just 30-odd years ago. I thought Cressida male private* was a good appointment originally (in spite of the De Menezes killing) but she’s gotta go now.

Inquiry into Daniel Morgan’s murder in 1987 by the way. The murder scene wasn’t even searched! The guy was found with an axe in his head.

As an aside, an inquest in 1988 ruled it was an unlawful killing.

* and that’s got to beat Icey’s half-time homosexual as an example of the profanity checker gone mad.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
ska face
June 15, 2021, 10:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,640
Gold Stars: 840
The deeper story is astounding and shows how deep into the heart of the British state that this corruption lies. This video is a decent little overview. Fùcking revolting, they all want putting against the wall.

Private Message
Reply: 1 - 75
KingstonMariner
June 15, 2021, 10:38pm
Meths Drinker
Frauds of the World linked to the rozzers involved too.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 75
MarinerWY
June 15, 2021, 10:42pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
The Met need disbanding. They should of been disbanded years ago. Can have debates about the wider role of the police force, but even (especially?) those sympathetic to the police service must want the Met disbanding, it's rotten to its core.

Stephen Lawrence
Jean Charles de Menzes
Ian Tomlinson
Daniel Morgan

To name a few. Not to mention their role in the Miners Strike and spying on environmental groups.

Corrupt and rotten to the core, if it was a school administration it would have been declared unfit years ago and another authority brought in to reform it.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 75
Manchester Mariner
June 15, 2021, 10:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
Maybe Line Of Duty was actually a documentary.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 75
Rick12
June 16, 2021, 7:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Surprise surprise.

This time the Met. Inquiry ruled that the corrupt practices still go on and weren’t just 30-odd years ago. .
This story surprised me a bit and I was saddened to hear of it. Hope things get cleaned up.  Discredits those in the Metropolitan police who were trying to do a tough job at that time in what is often a very difficult environment/situations. I know the BBC done a very poignant drama based on a true story on the Metropolitan  police just recently in red white and blue .About a young black man who joins to try to change things for the  better .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 75
KingstonMariner
June 16, 2021, 9:31am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
This story surprised me a bit and I was saddened to hear of it. Hope things get cleaned up.  Discredits those in the Metropolitan police who were trying to do a tough job at that time in what is often a very difficult environment/situations. I know the BBC done a very poignant drama based on a true story on the Metropolitan  police just recently in red white and blue .About a young black man who joins to try to change things for the  better .

I think you’re sugar-coating it a bit with the ‘trying to do a tough job’ line. They’ve been banged to rights by an independent panel, appointed and presented in Parliament by a government not renowned for being anti-police.

At the very least it was incompetence in the handling of the investigation into the murder and at worst corrupt policing. Then got years senior leadership have been obstructing the investigations into the investigation including that conducted by the panel. We’re not talking about the bad old days. We’re talking about senior officers hiding things recently.

The police’s job wouldn’t be so tough if they acted with integrity.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 75
Rick12
June 16, 2021, 12:55pm
Vodka Drinker

The police’s job wouldn’t be so tough if they acted with integrity.
Regardless of how you treat some people whilst in uniform though  be it army/ police some don't like authority and resent being told what to do.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 75
DB
June 16, 2021, 1:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.48
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Rick12
Regardless of how you treat some people whilst in uniform though  be it army/ police some don't like authority and resent being told what to do.

Unfortunately, the problem started decades ago with what at the time people known as 'do gooders'. A copper clipped a yob and it was accepted. Now it's police brutality. I am NOT saying it was right all the time but a copper knew his patch, who were thieves, drunks, and troublemakers.

Without going into many details law order was kept and don't forget that the police prosecuted ALL, not the cps who only prosecute 100% of cases where they will get a prosecution for figures. Again moving forward we have the defence solicitor who says 'my client had a deprived background etc.'

Moving forward again we had the disappearance of the local bobby, the copper who both you and your parents grew up with, the copper who knew his patch. Now we have the cavalry who come charging into a situation, lead by promotion seeking superiors who pretend to want the best for a community; until they leave and then a new superior takes over. This person knows nothing about an area and tweaks things to police their way.

We then have chief chief constables who when they get the job, then say they cannot police because of lack of funds. These highly intelligent policemen take on a job knowing they cannot deliver the policing the public expect !!!!!!!!!.

Lastly, we have the politicians who bring out new criminal laws but fail to pass sentences that will deter the criminals. They also fail to build new jails to house the criminals or replace the old ones, not to mention the pressures they put on the judiciary not to send villains to jail.

Sorry to all for my rant but in my opinion the whole system is not fit for purpose and is totally corrupt. We are now left with a situation that the police do little because it is against the perpetrator's rights, or totally overreact.

It doesn't mean we have to accept police brutality or corruption.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 75
Rick12
June 16, 2021, 2:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from DB

Unfortunately, the problem started decades ago with what at the time people known as 'do gooders'. A copper clipped a yob and it was accepted. Now it's police brutality. I am NOT saying it was right all the time but a copper knew his patch, who were thieves, drunks, and troublemakers.

Without going into many details law order was kept and don't forget that the police prosecuted ALL, not the cps who only prosecute 100% of cases where they will get a prosecution for figures. Again moving forward we have the defence solicitor who says 'my client had a deprived background

I like your sentiments DB. Certainly in this country some things are a bit soft and things could be hardened.

Having said that I do feel you need the right sort of person in the police / army/ teachers even  to make a difference.  Someone with a good heart can make all the difference. Sometimes people get through the recruitment process and are not a right fit for the job. Herein for me is where the problem lies.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 75
ska face
June 16, 2021, 2:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Just absolute incoherent babbling shíte. There’s a generation of people who seem to think that crime has been invented in the last 30 years, and that’s only because Dixon of Dock Green isn’t allowed to mete out corporal punishment when he fancies it.

Come and join us in the millennium please.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 75
Rick12
June 16, 2021, 2:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face
Just absolute incoherent babbling shíte. There’s a generation of people who seem to think that crime has been invented in the last 30 years, and that’s only because Dixon of Dock Green isn’t allowed to mete out corporal punishment when he fancies it.

I think DB has a point though Skaface. In some countries particularly in the middle east and from English people that have lived out there they say this country is a bit soft. Crime tends to be lower out there as people know there less likely to get a slap on the wrist. Muggings for instance are dealt with by beatings both from the public and police . Bit extreme I know but serves the point that without discipline alongside other things some people will never change.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 75
ska face
June 16, 2021, 3:24pm

Vodka Drinker
Yes, despite the endless reams of evidence and studies that show precisely the opposite is true. We live in a profoundly sick society, and some people just can’t think of anything other than more violence, more punishment, more punitive measures, more bullying.

Then when presented with evidence of INSTITUTIONAL corruption in the police, apologists like yourself want to put it down to a few individuals.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 75
DB
June 16, 2021, 3:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ska face

Having struggled to make any sense of your babbling post I don't really know what point you are trying to make.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 75
KingstonMariner
June 16, 2021, 4:25pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
I like your sentiments DB. Certainly in this country some things are a bit soft and things could be hardened.

Having said that I do feel you need the right sort of person in the police / army/ teachers even  to make a difference.  Someone with a good heart can make all the difference. Sometimes people get through the recruitment process and are not a right fit for the job. Herein for me is where the problem lies.

The problem isn’t the people being recruited per se, it’s the people doing the recruitment and their attitudes that need to be looked at first. And the people who train them and inculcate the attitudes. And the senior leaders who cover up and protect the bad eggs. In short it’s culture.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 75
DB
June 16, 2021, 4:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker

The problem isn’t the people being recruited per se, it’s the people doing the recruitment and their attitudes that need to be looked at first. And the people who train them and inculcate the attitudes. And the senior leaders who cover up and protect the bad eggs. In short it’s culture.

I totally agree. At one time the police had integrity and were respected by the public. Somewhere along the line dogooders in the police managed to ditch the integrity and now wonder why the public don't respect the police.

What the public do respect are law and order, it's just the way it's carried out that's the problem.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 75
codcheeky
June 16, 2021, 6:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from DB

I totally agree. At one time the police had integrity and were respected by the public. Somewhere along the line dogooders in the police managed to ditch the integrity and now wonder why the public don't respect the police.

What the public do respect are law and order, it's just the way it's carried out that's the problem.

I think you have a rosy view of the past that didn’t exist.  Police violence without any sanction especially against children is and always has been wrong. There is a us and them culture in the police, a body that investigates itself and invariably dismisses complaints or pays out large sums of public money without accepting blame. Despite this report it will be business as usual

Private Message
Reply: 16 - 75
Rick12
June 16, 2021, 8:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face
Yes, despite the endless reams of evidence and studies that show precisely the opposite is true. We live in a profoundly sick society, and some people just can’t think of anything other than more violence, more punishment, more punitive measures, more bullying.

Then when presented with evidence of INSTITUTIONAL corruption in the police, apologists like yourself want to put it down to a few individuals.
Depends what studies you read . You need to look at the overall picture. Research shows as well that some individuals due to their genetic make up need more discipline than others otherwise they became wild. This is why you get feral youths. No love or discipline in the home coupled alongside a difficult nature is a recipe for disaster. Likewise you only need to read the likes of Nigel Benn the boxers autobiography and others which further cement this view. Had they not received tough love from their parents they would have gone even more of the boil. But yes I agree with you discipline or punishment is not the only thing  needed but love and care as well.

As for the police yes there has been major problems and I have to accept that but that doesn't detract from the greater proportion of police that I feel that do a very tough job to their best of ability.

Article below further sums this up.

https://www.theguardian.com/co.....ets-knife-crime-cuts

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 75
ska face
June 16, 2021, 8:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
Depends what studies you read . You need to look at the overall picture. Research shows as well that some individuals due to their genetic make up need more discipline than others otherwise they became wild.

Find me 1 (one) study which shows this. Ideally one that isn’t from the Journal of Race Science.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 75
Rick12
June 16, 2021, 8:18pm
Vodka Drinker

Good points Kingston. I think police like the army are making inroads for the better. I know for one there was more bullying/racism before in the 1970s. The Welsh guards for one were a close knit unit and didn't like anyone of colour being in their unit in the military. Thankfully things have changed from before but like anything there is always room for improvement not just with racism but bullying in all its forms.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 75
Rick12
June 16, 2021, 8:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face

Find me 1 (one) study which shows this. Ideally one that isn’t from the Journal of Race Science.
I think you need to get in the real world Skaface. There's some good to you but my God have you a lot to learn. Some of your sentiments are not with it. This is real life with all its pain and hardship and good as well. I don't know whether you have lived in a bubble but try talking to more people and realise a leftist agenda like yours don't have all the answers.

As for the research it was when I was studying for a crime module some years back . It was over 5 years ago but the research  was a book on crime and children and the research I cited came from animal studies within the book which  related animal  temperaments to that  of humans.Some animals are more wilder by nature like some humans and need corresponding discipline.  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 75
DB
June 16, 2021, 8:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ska face

I'd just like you to answer my question as to what you mean in a previous post.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 75
ska face
June 16, 2021, 9:24pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Rick12

As for the research it was when I was studying for a crime module some years back . It was over 5 years ago but the research  was a book on crime and children and the research I cited came from animal studies within the book which  related animal  temperaments to that  of humans.Some animals are more wilder by nature like some humans and need corresponding discipline.  

This may surprise you, but I remain unconvinced despite this compelling argument.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 75
DB
June 16, 2021, 9:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Well Ska you said:-

Come and join us in the millennium please

I asked:-

Having struggled to make any sense of your babbling post I don't really know what point you are trying to make.

You didn't answer.

We all have differing opinions of, past, present, and future but I would like your answer, please.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 75
Rodley Mariner
June 16, 2021, 9:44pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Rick12 have you genuinely just suggested certain races need a greater level of discipline than others? You go any recollection of which races it referred to? Gonna hedge a bit that I could guess which race it said didn't need more......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 75
Rick12
June 16, 2021, 10:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Rick12 have you genuinely just suggested certain races need a greater level of discipline than others? You go any recollection of which races it referred to? Gonna hedge a bit that I could guess which race it said didn't need more......
It applies to all races Rodley. At the end of the day people are people. As for the research in question it didn't specify any race in particular but rather looked at things from a general perspective.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 75
Rick12
June 16, 2021, 10:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face

This may surprise you, but I remain unconvinced despite this compelling argument.
That's OK but from dealing with difficult children in the classroom to dealing with young offenders I can vouch that the research stands true.  I don't know if your aware of the background to those that killed young Jamie Bulger back in 1993. Very deprived backgrounds alongside innate  problematic behaviour.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 75
Rodley Mariner
June 16, 2021, 10:30pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from Rick12
It applies to all races Rodley. At the end of the day people are people. As for the research in question it didn't specify any race in particular but rather looked at things from a general perspective.

It's just a bit confusing because you posted that the study said some people needed greater levels of discipline because of their genetic make-up?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 75
Rick12
June 16, 2021, 10:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

It's just a bit confusing because you posted that the study said some people needed greater levels of discipline because of their genetic make-up?
Apologys Rodley. Its a psychological term that refers to how  peoples brains are wired eg how neurons act and how differing brain regions work.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 75
grimsby pete
June 16, 2021, 10:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Rick12

I don't like being told what to do.

I think it stems from the wife telling what to do for the last 43 years.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 75
Rick12
June 16, 2021, 10:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

God bless you Pete. She's a lucky women to have a married a good man like yourself .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 75
ska face
June 16, 2021, 10:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
That's OK but from dealing with difficult children in the classroom to dealing with young offenders I can vouch that the research stands true.  I don't know if your aware of the background to those that killed young Jamie Bulger back in 1993. Very deprived backgrounds alongside innate  problematic behaviour.

How much do you know about the, ahem, genetic makeup of your “difficult children” in classrooms or young offenders? And what element of the Bulger killers’ genetic makeup predisposed them to carrying out the act?
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 75
Rick12
June 16, 2021, 10:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face

How much do you know about the, ahem, genetic makeup of your “difficult children” in classrooms or young offenders? And what element of the Bulger killers’ genetic makeup predisposed them to carrying out the act?
From talking to their parents. From a early age eg 3 years old  some had difficult characters and were taken to child psychologists where amongst others behavioural problems were diagnosed eg conduct disorder which means naturally occurring aggressive streaks and anti social behavior.

As for the Bulger killers particularly Robert Thompson there was some underlying problems there eg lack of emotion for one when interviewed by detectives whereas Jon Venables the other accomplice showed visible signs of distress. Added to that Thompsons background was a lot more problematic than Venables.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 75
mariner91
June 16, 2021, 10:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,626
Gold Stars: 260
Who wouldn't want our country to be more like that bastion of freedom and rights Saudi Arabia?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 75
DB
June 17, 2021, 7:45am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

I solved that problem quite easily. I turn my hearing aids down!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 75
DB
June 17, 2021, 7:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Interesting article in the news today about the Met having to reinstate ( if that's the correct word ) a police officer because they got it all wrong. Having read the BBC article it looks like bullying and corruption are still there.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-57501764

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 75
Humbercod
June 17, 2021, 8:49am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from ska face

More kneeling and rainbow boot laces required😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 75
MarinerWY
June 18, 2021, 2:30pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
I think you need to get in the real world Skaface. There's some good to you but my God have you a lot to learn. Some of your sentiments are not with it. This is real life with all its pain and hardship and good as well. I don't know whether you have lived in a bubble but try talking to more people and realise a leftist agenda like yours and yes Iam a green party member as well don't have all the answers.

Hahahaha
This is comedy gold, keep it up

Private Message
Reply: 37 - 75
MarinerWY
June 18, 2021, 2:33pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12

Traumatic and abusive upbringings can cause lack of empathy, poor emotional regulation and cycles of abuse.

That's nurture, not genetics.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 75
MarinerWY
June 18, 2021, 2:39pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from DB

Can you give us some dates on this era please?
Corruption in the Met was rife in the 60's and 70s, Soho porn shops all paid dues to CID to stay open and were subject to showy raids to keep appearances of enforcement. A Chief Superintendant was brought in who famously said "my aim is for the Met to catch more criminals than we employ". The BBC series Bent Coppers covers this era.

So, that was the 60s and 70s, certainly not the era of 'dogooders' and definitely the era of unchecked casual police violence.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 75
Rick12
June 18, 2021, 3:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from MarinerWY

Traumatic and abusive upbringings can cause lack of empathy, poor emotional regulation and cycles of abuse.

That's nurture, not genetics.
Some children have malfunctioning parts of their brain though which don't allow for much empathy. You add a very deprived background into the mix and it's a recipe for disaster. Having said that a lot of love can help such children and minimise these offsets to some degree.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 75
Rick12
June 18, 2021, 3:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from MarinerWY

Hahahaha
This is comedy gold, keep it up

You sure. Your laughter at my comment reflects a mindset that looks at things through blinkered eyes and who still has more to learn about the world as we all do. It reflects badly on you. Life is a never ending learning curve as it is for all of us.

I've come to that thought process by witnessing painful life experiences both through and what's happened to myself and others.Get more life experiences among those who have suffered and you may change your tune. Leftists policies are not the be all and end  all of everything. Open your mind and look at the deeper picture.

If you can't keep things constructive go back to a hole and stay there until you come out with a bit of love that helps others. Iam sure there is some there with you as there is with everyone. Bring it out more as it's always the stronger force.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 75
DB
June 18, 2021, 6:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MarinerWY

Can you give us some dates on this era please?
Corruption in the Met was rife in the 60's and 70s, Soho porn shops all paid dues to CID to stay open and were subject to showy raids to keep appearances of enforcement. A Chief Superintendant was brought in who famously said "my aim is for the Met to catch more criminals than we employ". The BBC series Bent Coppers covers this era.

So, that was the 60s and 70s, certainly not the era of 'dogooders' and definitely the era of unchecked casual police violence.

I was thinking of the 50's and country bobby's, born within 10/15 miles of their beat As for the 60's/70's corruption was rife in many aspects of life, not just the met. Poulson in Leeds comes to mind quickly.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 75
DB
June 18, 2021, 6:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
You sure. Your laughter at my comment reflects a mindset that looks at things through blinkered eyes and who still has more to learn about the world as we all do. It reflects badly on you. Life is a never ending learning curve as it is for all of us.

I've come to that thought process by witnessing painful life experiences both through and what's happened to myself and others.Get more life experiences among those who have suffered and you may change your tune. Leftists policies are not the be all and end  all of everything. Open your mind and look at the deeper picture.

If you can't keep things constructive go back to a hole and stay there until you come out with a bit of love that helps others. Iam sure there is some there with you as there is with everyone. Bring it out more as it's always the stronger force.

Excellent post Rick which gets you a gold star.

We all agree with free speech which is everybody's right in a democracy. The problem is that some lowlife sticks their head out of their rat hole has a quick look round and then believe they know everything about everything without experiencing any life at all.

They then come on here intent with getting a few green ticks not having the faintest clue about the meaning or understanding of their words.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 75
KingstonMariner
June 18, 2021, 7:46pm
Meths Drinker
Rick, can you cite the research that you’re talking about?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 75
Rick12
June 18, 2021, 9:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Kingston Ive stated before but it was a while back that I done my degree. The research as noted came from a book on crime and children and looked at differing facets of why some children end up commiting crime . I can't quote the research as I threw away all my notes . Psychology wasn't really my thing but the crime module was my favourite and I took it to it like a duck to water. Mainly because I've lived in London most of my life and seen a fair bit of bad stuff happened to my friends and also stuff that happened to me from an early age through no fault of my own.

For the record as you know I don't think there is pure evil to anyone and there is a good to everyone however small even psychopaths.

In the end good will always prevail. Of that Iam convinced.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 75
Rick12
June 18, 2021, 9:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from DB

We all agree with free speech which is everybody's right in a democracy. The problem is that some lowlife sticks their head out of their rat hole has a quick look round and then believe they know everything about everything without experiencing any life at all.

They then come on here intent with getting a few green ticks not having the faintest clue about the meaning or understanding of their words.

Thanks DB. Much love to you.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 75
MarinerWY
June 19, 2021, 5:13am

Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12

You have no idea about my life experiences or my qualifications to talk about the criminal justice system, youth offending or child development.

It would also appear that 'leftists' are living rent free in your head.

I'd also suggest you link to research you quote, particularly if it's claims are as bold as those.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 75
MarinerWY
June 19, 2021, 5:19am

Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from DB

Lowlife? For posting on a forum? Bit of a snowflake are we?
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 75
Rick12
June 19, 2021, 7:35am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from MarinerWY

You have no idea about my life experiences or my qualifications to talk about the criminal justice system, youth offending or child development.

It would also appear that 'leftists' are living rent free in your head.

I'd also suggest you link to research you quote, particularly if it's claims are as bold as those.
I appreciate that I dont know you or what you have been through in life but as stated Ive been directly involved in youth offending through my work and also have studied child development as part of my degree in Psychology.

As for leftists living rent free in my head I try to listen to all sides eg left and right as all have something valuable to contribute which affects the  benefit of  the whole.

As for the research again as noted had I been doing my degree 6 years earlier I could have given you it. But psychology is not really my passion .Its more nature ,reading and boxing. I only came into Psychology by default through life experiences beyond my control.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 75
aldi_01
June 19, 2021, 8:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473

Depends if you want contemporary or wider than that.

Treisman, Bomber, Cooper, Perry are a few of the more contemporary researchers…Treisman is a close friend of myself and my wife, much of her work is centred on trauma informed practice, ensuring the environment is safe to thrive be it school or home.

Earlier researchers, empirical folk include Ainsworth, Visser, Bowlby.

Colley, Rae, Brooks et al have all written books on Social Emotional Mental Health in children, therapeutic approaches, trauma, attachment, self harm and suicide and so forth.

There’s also stuff by Alfie Kohn which takes a humanistic approach to behaviour, looking beyond what we see…

Most of these featured throughout my Masters and continue to support and inform my practice as well as our policies and procedures at school. They go a long way to inform my PhD research too…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 75
MarinerWY
June 19, 2021, 1:38pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

Treisman, Bomber, Cooper, Perry are a few of the more contemporary researchers…Treisman is a close friend of myself and my wife, much of her work is centred on trauma informed practice, ensuring the environment is safe to thrive be it school or home.

Colley, Rae, Brooks et al have all written books on Social Emotional Mental Health in children, therapeutic approaches, trauma, attachment, self harm and suicide and so forth.

There’s also stuff by Alfie Kohn which takes a humanistic approach to behaviour, looking beyond what we see…

Most of these featured throughout my Masters and continue to support and inform my practice as well as our policies and procedures at school. They go a long way to inform my PhD research too…

Familiar with a couple of those, especially Bowlby and Perry, and stuff around both attachment theory & trauma informed practice.

Quoted from Rick12
Research shows as well that some individuals due to their genetic make up need more discipline than others otherwise they became wild.

Out of interest, does any of that research substantiate Rick's claims that people have a pre-determined need to different levels of discipline based on their genetic make-up? Those that I do recognise of your list are very much based around nurture, stress indicators, positive attachment, modeling regulation of emotions and cycles of neglect and trauma - which I would put firmly under the nurture category. I'd also be surprised if any studies which played greater weight on nature predetermined things then followed with a need to lesser/greater 'discipline based on that person's genetics.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 75
Rick12
June 19, 2021, 4:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from MarinerWY

Out of interest, does any of that research substantiate Rick's claims that people have a pre-determined need to different levels of discipline based on their genetic make-up? Those that I do recognise of your list are very much based around nurture, stress indicators, positive attachment, modeling regulation of emotions and cycles of neglect and trauma - which I would put firmly under the nurture category. I'd also be surprised if any studies which played greater weight on nature predetermined things then followed with a need to lesser/greater 'discipline based on that person's genetics.
Mariner from what I remember the information from the book on crime and children and aggressive traits centred more on boys. Due to having more testosterone levels boys tended to be a lot more active and adventurous than girls. Likewise the animals that were cited were dog's.  Some dogs are naturally more aggressive than others likewise with some boys. Firm discipline is required to keep them under control like with some children. Its why boxing for one is a great leveller. Great energy is used up in training both mental and physical which means people that engage in the sport  are less likely to commit crime. Its a positive outlet.

Edit. Link below that I found goes someway to showing the various reasons for violent behaviour in children.

https://www.aacap.org/AACAP/Fa.....Adolescents-055.aspx

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 75
DB
June 19, 2021, 5:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MarinerWY

Lowlife? For posting on a forum? Bit of a snowflake are we?

Unfortunately, I don't know what you mean by snowflake, so to me, this is a pointless post.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 75
KingstonMariner
June 21, 2021, 12:36am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

And does any of that back up what Rick was claiming? Obviously citing specifics would be more convincing.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 75
KingstonMariner
June 21, 2021, 12:40am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
I appreciate that I dont know you or what you have been through in life but as stated Ive been directly involved in youth offending through my work and also have studied child development as part of my degree in Psychology.

As for leftists living rent free in my head I try to listen to all sides eg left and right as all have something valuable to contribute which affects the  benefit of  the whole.

As for the research again as noted had I been doing my degree 6 years earlier I could have given you it. But psychology is not really my passion .Its more nature ,reading and boxing. I only came into Psychology by default through life experiences beyond my control.

To be honest mate, a disinterested reader could be forgiven for thinking you’re a fraud.

You claim not to be interested in psychology and cannot therefore remember where you ‘read’ the research that you refer to, yet you make big claims about human behaviour. HOW MUCH MORE PSYCHOLOGICAL CAN YOU GET than human behaviour?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 75
Rick12
June 21, 2021, 5:34am
Vodka Drinker

To be honest mate, a disinterested reader could be forgiven for thinking you’re a fraud.

You claim not to be interested in psychology and cannot therefore remember where you ‘read’ the research that you refer to, yet you make big claims about human behaviour. HOW MUCH MORE PSYCHOLOGICAL CAN YOU GET than human behaviour?

Kingston Iam sad and surprised  you think like that. Your going around in circles. You need to realise that situations in life sometimes push us in directions we don't want to go. Without going into specifics as noted  I have suffered from acute problems which changed my trajectory. I've already told you this. I don't want to air my life history on a open forum.  Even talking to people face to face I can't reveal everything as things hurt to much. Likewise I've realised you can't trust noone in life fully as none is pure.

As for the research  the information came from a book from  the crime section in  the university library in case your wondering. Iam not Einstein and can't remember every specific bit of research I cited as part of my degree of which there were many ( 18 modules and well over 100 references which includes books and journals).

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 75
codcheeky
June 21, 2021, 2:58pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Rick12

Kingston Iam sad and surprised  you think like that. Your going around in circles. You need to realise that situations in life sometimes push us in directions we don't want to go. Without going into specifics as noted  I have suffered from acute problems which changed my trajectory. I've already told you this. I don't want to air my life history on a open forum.  Even talking to people face to face I can't reveal everything as things hurt to much. Likewise I've realised you can't trust noone in life fully as none is pure.

As for the research  the information came from a book from  the crime section in  the university library in case your wondering. Iam not Einstein and can't remember every specific bit of research I cited as part of my degree of which there were many ( 18 modules and well over 100 references which includes books and journals).

There are many experts as you say and not all of them say the same thing, indeed some are quite happy for a controversial view to give them publicity and notoriety .
If you cannot remember the author of someone you wish to use in your argument it is perhaps not a surprise that people question it’s validity. It does on the surface appear to be a pretty bold statement of suggested racial stereotypes
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 75
Rick12
June 21, 2021, 3:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from codcheeky

There are many experts as you say and not all of them say the same thing, indeed some are quite happy for a controversial view to give them publicity and notoriety .
If you cannot remember the author of someone you wish to use in your argument it is perhaps not a surprise that people question it’s validity. It does on the surface appear to be a pretty bold statement of suggested racial stereotypes
Codcheeky some fair points but I can swear on my family's life the research was legitimate. Aren't you assuming things as well and possibly stereotyping me  just because Iam pro army and police ?. Most people I feel in both services are good people who are trying to an essential job in often very difficult circumstances. As for on the surface appearing  to be a bold statement of racial stereotypes I find that difficult to understand. No way did the book pinpoint any races in particular but was an attempt as noted  to understand crime and children from various angles both biologically and from an environmental one as well.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 75
Rick12
June 21, 2021, 3:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from codcheeky

It does on the surface appear to be a pretty bold statement of suggested racial stereotypes

Incidentally I know what it's like to be stereotyped and how frustrating and angry this can make one feel. I had a tattoo for example when younger and hate it. I had it done in my teens when I was disturbed as I was going through a lot of stuff. Iam in the process of looking at getting it removed .When some see you in the swimming pool or at the sea you can tell your being judged negativley. You want to put them in my shoes from day one and then judge me. Some people don't have a clue about life. I've heard similar from homeless people who are on the streets due to suffering a breakdown eg loosing a child which depresses them and then can't cope and loose their job and house. Some on the street I've read from Salvation army pamphlets are judged negativley and all they want is a bit of love and kindness . Wish more people in life showed this as thus the world would be a far more beautiful place.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 75
DB
June 21, 2021, 7:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12

Incidentally I know what it's like to be stereotyped and how frustrating and angry this can make one feel. I had a tattoo for example when younger and hate it. I had it done in my teens when I was disturbed as I was going through a lot of stuff. Iam in the process of looking at getting it removed .When some see you in the swimming pool or at the sea you can tell your being judged negativley. You want to put them in my shoes from day one and then judge me. Some people don't have a clue about life. I've heard similar from homeless people who are on the streets due to suffering a breakdown eg loosing a child which depresses them and then can't cope and loose their job and house. Some on the street I've read from Salvation army pamphlets are judged negativley and all they want is a bit of love and kindness . Wish more people in life showed this as thus the world would be a far more beautiful place.

A truthful post earns you a gold star. I failed to see why you got any red crosses.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 75
Rick12
June 21, 2021, 7:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from DB

A truthful post earns you a gold star. I failed to see why you got any red crosses.
B.  
DB thanks once again. God bless your soul my friend.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 75
DB
June 21, 2021, 7:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
As many know I believe in Jesus Christ and to that end I know many scriptures. I have read what has been posted about Rick and the information he has gleaned over time in pursuit of his degree.

I am fortunate that I can refer to my Holy Bible if somebody wants chapter and verse. Unfortunately for Rick, as he explains, he has seen volumes of books whose titles may now evade him. It does not mean that what he posts is not accurate.

On a personal note, I obtained a Goods Vehicle Operators Licence several years ago. To pass I had to know how to transport animals, dangerous goods, heavy earth moving equipment, bulk liquids including hazardous liquids etc. Do I remember any of it now in detail?, no but I do remember bits and pieces and that is what Rick remembers. The bits to help us understand his posts.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 75
ska face
June 23, 2021, 12:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Tweet 1407652650930343940 will appear here...

So, did this man kill Dalian Atkinson because he’s not wired up right, had a bad upbringing, or because he is in a position to do so with an underlying culture which deems this kind of action par for the course?
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 75
Rick12
June 23, 2021, 2:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face
Tweet 1407652650930343940 will appear here...

So, did this man kill Dalian Atkinson because he’s not wired up right, had a bad upbringing, or because he is in a position to do so with an underlying culture which deems this kind of action par for the course?
Because Ska face admittedly some police do abuse their authority . Its the same in any walk of life eg you get bad apples .Ive seen it myself when I worked in a special  needs school as a volunteer. One teacher in particular had very little empathy and was cold . Police is a difficult job though as stated . Your constantly dealing with law breakers and have to know when to use appropriate force which restrains and defends oneself.

Someone told me about this story today which further highlights  the difficult job police put themselves under.  2 suspected drug dealers held down a policeperson trying to make a arrest and tried to cut his throat. Shows how dangerous the job is.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/06/22/police-launch-manhunt-officer-gets-throat-cut/

Incidentally I was in Sheffield yesterday in the town centre and there were a fair  amount of homeless/drugs people in the city centre which surprised me. I saw police making a arrest on one such individual who tried to run away from them. To be fair to them they dealt with the incident well.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 75
ska face
June 23, 2021, 4:28pm

Vodka Drinker
You might get a bit further if you finish the ‘bad apples’ idiom. It isn’t “there are a few bad apples, the rest are still really good”.
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 75
DB
June 23, 2021, 7:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ska face
You might get a bit further if you finish the ‘bad apples’ idiom. It isn’t “there are a few bad apples, the rest are still really good”.

I have been a supporter of the police in the past but my support has been eroded for many reasons. So to that end I would amend your above idiom to 'there are a few good apples but the rest are rotten'.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 75
Rick12
June 23, 2021, 10:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face
Yes you nearly took the words out of my mouth. I would like to  believe most police are good and some really good. Perhaps if you feel so concerned about the police why not try joining up and make a difference. As a young adult Ive had a fair few encounters with the police both here and abroad and some are very decent people . I admit you do get some that abuse their authority though and Ive been a victim of that as well.

Quoted from DB

I have been a supporter of the police in the past but my support has been eroded for many reasons.

Surprised and saddened to hear that DB.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 75
DB
June 24, 2021, 9:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
Yes you nearly took the words out of my mouth. I would like to  believe most police are good and some really good. Perhaps if you feel so concerned about the police why not try joining up and make a difference. As a young adult Ive had a fair few encounters with the police both here and abroad and some are very decent people . I admit you do get some that abuse their authority though and Ive been a victim of that as well.

Surprised and saddened to hear that DB.

I do believe in law and order, it's just the way it's managed.

The Dalian Atkinson trial doesn't help matters either. To cut a story short I met a policeman's brother in law (ex-car salesman), who told me he joined the police for a reliable wage and pension. He asked him what he did when trouble broke out 'always make sure I'm at the back of the queue'. Destroys your faith in them a little.

That and many more snippets gradually erodes your faith in them, top it up with Hillsborough, other lies etc. I'm sure there are people in the police who do it because they care for people but I think they are few and far between . I suspect that most are career policemen or in it for the pension.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 75
aldi_01
June 26, 2021, 6:42am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from DB

I do believe in law and order, it's just the way it's managed.

The Dalian Atkinson trial doesn't help matters either. To cut a story short I met a policeman's brother in law (ex-car salesman), who told me he joined the police for a reliable wage and pension. He asked him what he did when trouble broke out 'always make sure I'm at the back of the queue'. Destroys your faith in them a little.

That and many more snippets gradually erodes your faith in them, top it up with Hillsborough, other lies etc. I'm sure there are people in the police who do it because they care for people but I think they are few and far between . I suspect that most are career policemen or in it for the pension.

The back of the queue comment is interesting; a colleague at work had an extremely successful career in the police but chose to leave becauee of careerists and folk joining up merely for a steady wage and pension rather than making a difference. He was caught out by the back of the queue types and was left exposed…he left.

He speaks fondly of his time in the police but often makes a quick sarcastic comment if there are stories etc in newspapers. He’s a chap with his eyes wide open and he’s certainly seen a fair fee for he bad apples too.

He does also talk about those that don’t hang around at the back and do their job diligently and with dignity. However, he has mentioned a few times those that ‘like a good ruck’…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 75
KingstonMariner
June 26, 2021, 9:49am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Rick12

I’m not going round in circles! Show me where I am going round in circles.

If I was going to refer to some hypothesis that I believed in, and had strong opinions on, and use the fact I read it in a book once as back-up to my claims, I’d be at least able to remember the name. You’ve got a degree. You’re an intelligent person. It’s 37 years since I graduated and if I want to make a point about something that I strongly feel is true, I’d be able to remember where I read it. Crikey, these days there’s this thing which helps you find out information using a world wide network of computers. Comes in handy when there’s stuff I’m trying to recollect.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 75
Rick12
June 26, 2021, 10:09am
Vodka Drinker

If I was going to refer to some hypothesis that I believed in, and had strong opinions on, and use the fact I read it in a book once as back-up to my claims, I’d be at least able to remember the name. You’ve got a degree. You’re an intelligent person. It’s 37 years since I graduated and if I want to make a point about something that I strongly feel is true, I’d be able to remember where I read it. Crikey, these days there’s this thing which helps you find out information using a world wide network of computers. Comes in handy when there’s stuff I’m trying to recollect.
I've already tried to locate the book using the library's online catalogue but it's not there. Bear in mind that universitys regularly update their stock.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 75
DB
June 29, 2021, 6:35am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from DB

I have been a supporter of the police in the past but my support has been eroded for many reasons. So to that end I would amend your above idiom to 'there are a few good apples but the rest are rotten'.

These two BBC ( not sure how much is truth/fiction) sum my disillusionment with the police.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-57615346

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57634857

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 75
Rick12
June 29, 2021, 12:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from DB

These two BBC ( not sure how much is truth/fiction) sum my disillusionment with the police.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-57615346

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57634857
Thats sad to see DB but wish the media could pick out some of the good stories as well. I was told recently that to get into the police you now need a degree which can be seen as both a good and bad thing. Some people are not naturally academic and have  other innate skills eg the ability to deal with people  .Likewise doing a degree is quite challenging especially more so if your working at the same time .

What I would say is earlier you made a valid point .Some only go into it for the money and pension whilst others do it because they want to make a genuine difference. Its hard though to get the right people in as some of the stuff they have to deal with is horrible. From what I have been told this includes dealing with hangings and trying to resuscitate people who have just  taken their lives, people threating to throw poo at them to name but a few. Added to that  the shift and nights they do . Tough job indeed and I wouldnt like to do it.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 75
DB
June 29, 2021, 7:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
Thats sad to see DB but wish the media could pick out some of the good stories as well. I was told recently that to get into the police you now need a degree which can be seen as both a good and bad thing. Some people are not naturally academic and have  other innate skills eg the ability to deal with people  .Likewise doing a degree is quite challenging especially more so if your working at the same time .

What I would say is earlier you made a valid point .Some only go into it for the money and pension whilst others do it because they want to make a genuine difference. Its hard though to get the right people in as some of the stuff they have to deal with is horrible. From what I have been told this includes dealing with hangings and trying to resuscitate people who have just  taken their lives, people threating to throw poo at them to name but a few. Added to that  the shift and nights they do . Tough job indeed and I wouldnt like to do it.

I agree with many things you say. But the police had total respect from the community, FULL STOP. Over the decades, many, career police moved into the police force to what we have now. Fully armed coppers charging around like the cavalry to deal with a knife suspect.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 75
KingstonMariner
July 17, 2021, 6:41pm
Meths Drinker
Perverts abusing their power

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk.....ssed-student-in-raid

No stress or threat to them so no excuse.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 75
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › More police corruption then.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.