Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › More police corruption then.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 14 Guests

More police corruption then.

This thread currently has 3,634 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
June 19, 2021, 8:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Rick, can you cite the research that you’re talking about?

Depends if you want contemporary or wider than that.

Treisman, Bomber, Cooper, Perry are a few of the more contemporary researchers…Treisman is a close friend of myself and my wife, much of her work is centred on trauma informed practice, ensuring the environment is safe to thrive be it school or home.

Earlier researchers, empirical folk include Ainsworth, Visser, Bowlby.

Colley, Rae, Brooks et al have all written books on Social Emotional Mental Health in children, therapeutic approaches, trauma, attachment, self harm and suicide and so forth.

There’s also stuff by Alfie Kohn which takes a humanistic approach to behaviour, looking beyond what we see…

Most of these featured throughout my Masters and continue to support and inform my practice as well as our policies and procedures at school. They go a long way to inform my PhD research too…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 75
MarinerWY
June 19, 2021, 1:38pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,942
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from aldi_01

Treisman, Bomber, Cooper, Perry are a few of the more contemporary researchers…Treisman is a close friend of myself and my wife, much of her work is centred on trauma informed practice, ensuring the environment is safe to thrive be it school or home.

Colley, Rae, Brooks et al have all written books on Social Emotional Mental Health in children, therapeutic approaches, trauma, attachment, self harm and suicide and so forth.

There’s also stuff by Alfie Kohn which takes a humanistic approach to behaviour, looking beyond what we see…

Most of these featured throughout my Masters and continue to support and inform my practice as well as our policies and procedures at school. They go a long way to inform my PhD research too…

Familiar with a couple of those, especially Bowlby and Perry, and stuff around both attachment theory & trauma informed practice.

Quoted from Rick12
Research shows as well that some individuals due to their genetic make up need more discipline than others otherwise they became wild.

Out of interest, does any of that research substantiate Rick's claims that people have a pre-determined need to different levels of discipline based on their genetic make-up? Those that I do recognise of your list are very much based around nurture, stress indicators, positive attachment, modeling regulation of emotions and cycles of neglect and trauma - which I would put firmly under the nurture category. I'd also be surprised if any studies which played greater weight on nature predetermined things then followed with a need to lesser/greater 'discipline based on that person's genetics.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 75
Rick12
June 19, 2021, 4:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Quoted from MarinerWY

Out of interest, does any of that research substantiate Rick's claims that people have a pre-determined need to different levels of discipline based on their genetic make-up? Those that I do recognise of your list are very much based around nurture, stress indicators, positive attachment, modeling regulation of emotions and cycles of neglect and trauma - which I would put firmly under the nurture category. I'd also be surprised if any studies which played greater weight on nature predetermined things then followed with a need to lesser/greater 'discipline based on that person's genetics.
Mariner from what I remember the information from the book on crime and children and aggressive traits centred more on boys. Due to having more testosterone levels boys tended to be a lot more active and adventurous than girls. Likewise the animals that were cited were dog's.  Some dogs are naturally more aggressive than others likewise with some boys. Firm discipline is required to keep them under control like with some children. Its why boxing for one is a great leveller. Great energy is used up in training both mental and physical which means people that engage in the sport  are less likely to commit crime. Its a positive outlet.

Edit. Link below that I found goes someway to showing the various reasons for violent behaviour in children.

https://www.aacap.org/AACAP/Fa.....Adolescents-055.aspx

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 75
DB
June 19, 2021, 5:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.54
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,878
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from MarinerWY

Lowlife? For posting on a forum? Bit of a snowflake are we?

Unfortunately, I don't know what you mean by snowflake, so to me, this is a pointless post.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 75
KingstonMariner
June 21, 2021, 12:36am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from aldi_01

And does any of that back up what Rick was claiming? Obviously citing specifics would be more convincing.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 75
KingstonMariner
June 21, 2021, 12:40am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Rick12
I appreciate that I dont know you or what you have been through in life but as stated Ive been directly involved in youth offending through my work and also have studied child development as part of my degree in Psychology.

As for leftists living rent free in my head I try to listen to all sides eg left and right as all have something valuable to contribute which affects the  benefit of  the whole.

As for the research again as noted had I been doing my degree 6 years earlier I could have given you it. But psychology is not really my passion .Its more nature ,reading and boxing. I only came into Psychology by default through life experiences beyond my control.

To be honest mate, a disinterested reader could be forgiven for thinking you’re a fraud.

You claim not to be interested in psychology and cannot therefore remember where you ‘read’ the research that you refer to, yet you make big claims about human behaviour. HOW MUCH MORE PSYCHOLOGICAL CAN YOU GET than human behaviour?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 75
Rick12
June 21, 2021, 5:34am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

To be honest mate, a disinterested reader could be forgiven for thinking you’re a fraud.

You claim not to be interested in psychology and cannot therefore remember where you ‘read’ the research that you refer to, yet you make big claims about human behaviour. HOW MUCH MORE PSYCHOLOGICAL CAN YOU GET than human behaviour?

Kingston Iam sad and surprised  you think like that. Your going around in circles. You need to realise that situations in life sometimes push us in directions we don't want to go. Without going into specifics as noted  I have suffered from acute problems which changed my trajectory. I've already told you this. I don't want to air my life history on a open forum.  Even talking to people face to face I can't reveal everything as things hurt to much. Likewise I've realised you can't trust noone in life fully as none is pure.

As for the research  the information came from a book from  the crime section in  the university library in case your wondering. Iam not Einstein and can't remember every specific bit of research I cited as part of my degree of which there were many ( 18 modules and well over 100 references which includes books and journals).

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 75
codcheeky
June 21, 2021, 2:58pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Rick12

Kingston Iam sad and surprised  you think like that. Your going around in circles. You need to realise that situations in life sometimes push us in directions we don't want to go. Without going into specifics as noted  I have suffered from acute problems which changed my trajectory. I've already told you this. I don't want to air my life history on a open forum.  Even talking to people face to face I can't reveal everything as things hurt to much. Likewise I've realised you can't trust noone in life fully as none is pure.

As for the research  the information came from a book from  the crime section in  the university library in case your wondering. Iam not Einstein and can't remember every specific bit of research I cited as part of my degree of which there were many ( 18 modules and well over 100 references which includes books and journals).

There are many experts as you say and not all of them say the same thing, indeed some are quite happy for a controversial view to give them publicity and notoriety .
If you cannot remember the author of someone you wish to use in your argument it is perhaps not a surprise that people question it’s validity. It does on the surface appear to be a pretty bold statement of suggested racial stereotypes
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 75
Rick12
June 21, 2021, 3:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from codcheeky

There are many experts as you say and not all of them say the same thing, indeed some are quite happy for a controversial view to give them publicity and notoriety .
If you cannot remember the author of someone you wish to use in your argument it is perhaps not a surprise that people question it’s validity. It does on the surface appear to be a pretty bold statement of suggested racial stereotypes
Codcheeky some fair points but I can swear on my family's life the research was legitimate. Aren't you assuming things as well and possibly stereotyping me  just because Iam pro army and police ?. Most people I feel in both services are good people who are trying to an essential job in often very difficult circumstances. As for on the surface appearing  to be a bold statement of racial stereotypes I find that difficult to understand. No way did the book pinpoint any races in particular but was an attempt as noted  to understand crime and children from various angles both biologically and from an environmental one as well.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 75
Rick12
June 21, 2021, 3:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from codcheeky

It does on the surface appear to be a pretty bold statement of suggested racial stereotypes

Incidentally I know what it's like to be stereotyped and how frustrating and angry this can make one feel. I had a tattoo for example when younger and hate it. I had it done in my teens when I was disturbed as I was going through a lot of stuff. Iam in the process of looking at getting it removed .When some see you in the swimming pool or at the sea you can tell your being judged negativley. You want to put them in my shoes from day one and then judge me. Some people don't have a clue about life. I've heard similar from homeless people who are on the streets due to suffering a breakdown eg loosing a child which depresses them and then can't cope and loose their job and house. Some on the street I've read from Salvation army pamphlets are judged negativley and all they want is a bit of love and kindness . Wish more people in life showed this as thus the world would be a far more beautiful place.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › More police corruption then.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.