jamesgtfc
July 24, 2021, 9:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,947
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

He's defintely had one bad injury not sure about two. A few of the players signed seem to fit the bill of promising young player who broke through at a higher level, got injured and then covid prevented a come back and then they were out of contract. A pretty good strategy from Hursty I think, so long as they're not serial crocks

I think any team with ambition needs to take a gamble of some description. Whether that is one or two players with pedigree but doubts over their fitness or pushing the boat out on a player or 2. If they work, you probably go up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 31
RichMariner
July 25, 2021, 11:06am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
Being in non-league as we are, we have to take gambles. If we want quality, it probably comes with injury risks. If we want players who never get injured, they probably have limits on their ability.  

We’re unlikely to get the full package, so to speak. As we always say, if there’s nothing wrong with them, they wouldn’t be signing at this level.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 31 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ben Fox signs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.