5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Madeleymariner
June 17, 2021, 8:51am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,048
Gold Stars: 49
Not bothered what channel, I switch on about a min before kickoff, do something else during half time switch off again within moments of the final whistle. Sorted, I have no idea whos presenting and commenting but assume it was Savage interjecting at the Wales game last night.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 41
diehardmariner
June 17, 2021, 10:03am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,428
Gold Stars: 532
ITV have definitely upped their game this tournament whereas BBC seem to have treaded a bit of water.  Their format is tired now and needs a refresh.  Linker, Shearer and the old guard need shaking up with something that's more than Micah Richards (who is excellent in my opinion, although in danger of becoming diluted a little).

The Beeb itself, I still think the licence fee is excellent value.  Is their a left leaning agenda? Maybe, maybe not.  But felicitations sake, it's not difficult to turn over to a different channel if you don't like what you're seeing.

The dramas and documentaries the BBC produce are worth the licence fee alone in my eyes.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 41
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
June 17, 2021, 10:45am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,805
Gold Stars: 552
Quoted from diehardmariner
ITV have definitely upped their game this tournament whereas BBC seem to have treaded a bit of water.  Their format is tired now and needs a refresh.  Linker, Shearer and the old guard need shaking up with something that's more than Micah Richards (who is excellent in my opinion, although in danger of becoming diluted a little).

The Beeb itself, I still think the licence fee is excellent value.  Is their a left leaning agenda? Maybe, maybe not.  But felicitations sake, it's not difficult to turn over to a different channel if you don't like what you're seeing.

The dramas and documentaries the BBC produce are worth the licence fee alone in my eyes.

Shearer and Ferdinand have improved significantly but they offer neither the pantomime menace of Keane or the analytical skills of G Nev.

I haven’t seen the BT Sport coverage since they started trying to charge me for it but I used to like it when they used football journalists on the punditry panel. The likes of Juliens Laurens and Rapha Honigstein (the Schafernaker of the footballer world).

Plus parachute James Richardson in to present the coverage from a tiramisu obscured piazza.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 41
aldi_01
June 17, 2021, 11:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473

Shearer and Ferdinand have improved significantly but they offer neither the pantomime menace of Keane or the analytical skills of G Nev.

I haven’t seen the BT Sport coverage since they started trying to charge me for it but I used to like it when they used football journalists on the punditry panel. The likes of Juliens Laurens and Rapha Honigstein (the Schafernaker of the footballer world).

Plus parachute James Richardson in to present the coverage from a tiramisu obscured piazza.

The best football programme on TV used to be the European football show with James Richardson. All the pundits were knowledgable about the games, the country and the history of the clubs etc.

BT got rid…I kind gave up after that…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 41
Abdul19
June 17, 2021, 4:04pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Enjoying Emma Hayes' tactical stuff on itv this aft, really good.

(I'm speaking as someone who knows naff all about tactics, maybe Jonathan Wilson thinks she's shit, I dunno!)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 41
Humbercod
June 17, 2021, 7:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Just watched itv how dull is the panel, tokenism for you😕
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 41
June 17, 2021, 7:13pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod
Just watched itv how dull is the panel, tokenism for you😕

Yeah, Souness isn’t great.

ITV need to save him for the France matches so he can rip into Paul Pogba like a high pitched fart.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 41
DB
June 17, 2021, 7:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,975
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from diehardmariner

Beg to differ. On my local link I have 3 Hull stories and a link to Leeds. When RH won an award they had a bus trip around Hull, apparently, the rest of their area was nonexistent.

They paid Cliff Richards millions for wrong a wrong news story and never learned the lesson. The Bashir scandal proved this.

Documentaries, well didn't Attenborough use a zoo to film polar bears and not the Artic? Some are saying that DAB radio is past its time and trying to listen to it depends where you are.

Then there are the repeats, paid for the original program so why do I have to pay for the repeat. Buy a record/cd play it, do you have to pay again to listen to it?

What I will say is that the BBC was once absolutely brilliant but also now it's like a Dinosaur and out of its depth.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 41
June 17, 2021, 7:25pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from DB

They paid Cliff Richards millions for wrong a wrong news story and never learned the lesson. The Bashir scandal proved this.

The Grimsby ‘s’ strikes like a French trucker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 41
KingstonMariner
June 17, 2021, 8:30pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from pen penfras

If you don't think the BBC's coverage is biased to the left, then that's because your political persuasion is that way too. Hard to tell if it's specifically left or if it's more critical of the government that's in power, but the reporters who are obviously left wing are constantly adding their narrative on events into a story where I just want the facts. Tell me what ridiculous thing BJ has done today and I'll make my mind up whether it's just Boris being Boris, or it's actually a bad decision that will affect the country negatively.

You must be to the right of Genghis Khan if you think the BBC has a left wing bias.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Euro 2020(1) - BBC vs ITV

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.