Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › the annual season ticket sales thread
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 216 Guests

the annual season ticket sales thread

This thread currently has 51,085 views. Print
29 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
June 20, 2021, 4:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,560
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from aldi_01
So grown adults actually tick or cross posts? Odd…if you don’t agree with something that’s fine but it’s a forum, a ready made platform to share your views in written form rather than a tick box…

Not at all. If a post expresses an opinion then you either will or won't agree with that and mark accordingly. But there are many examples on this site where a poster has asked a simple question and been red crossed. What can be so opinionated about  asking  a question? IMO an adult mind would know the difference but then again that is just an opinion not a question

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 288
rancido
June 20, 2021, 4:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,560
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from ginnywings
There's some weird sorts on this forum. I ask a question and 2 people disagree with my post.

What's that all about?

I take it you don't know the answer to my question.

5 now to the original post Ginny! Lol

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 288
lukeo
June 20, 2021, 6:15pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
If I'm honest I very rarely even take any notice of the ticks and crosses.. Can't remember the last time I did any of them, if I agree or disagree I'll reply to the comment / post
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 288
moosey_club
June 20, 2021, 6:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,239
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

I think there is pretty strong hint in the ST pricing that the Upper match days price will go up.

I just dont see it, if they are putting prices up for pay on the day then they need to say, would certainly help sway those that are not quite sure as to the benefit/ value of purchasing this season.
Bear in mind that the current 10 & 20% offers are mainly available to the existing holders, off the top of my head with some cigarette packet maths, I think around 50% of our historic normal would be in line for a 20% discount, 50% in line for the 10%.
The prices on these look quite attractive, but for new purchases with no discount then the prices look high for non league footy.
If the club announce now the matchday prices will be rising by a couple of quid then that could be all the more tempting to commit.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 288
ginnywings
June 20, 2021, 6:52pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from rancido

5 now to the original post Ginny! Lol

Dont really care about the crosses per se, it's just that it's a bit cockeyed to me to 'disagree' with a question.

If you see a question asked and know the answer, you take the time to type a response. If you dont know the answer, you move on. That's what I do anyway.

If you think it's a stupid question, then by all means say so, but to just hit the disagree button makes no sense at all and just makes you a bit of a tool.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 288
DB
June 20, 2021, 7:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,002
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from ginnywings

Dont really care about the crosses per se, it's just that it's a bit cockeyed to me to 'disagree' with a question.

If you see a question asked and know the answer, you take the time to type a response. If you dont know the answer, you move on. That's what I do anyway.

If you think it's a stupid question, then by all means say so, but to just hit the disagree button makes no sense at all and just makes you a bit of a tool.

As somebody once put it,

Every question is easy when you know the answer

But

You ask the question because you don't know the answer.

Nobody knows everything about everything which makes a red cross silly.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 288
brigg_mariner
June 21, 2021, 9:40am

UTM...!!!
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 5
I have renewed mine, this coming season will be a learning curve for us all, I do not expect us to win the league or get into the play offs, we should get a settled squad together, with new owners and new ideas and push from there, anything above 8th position will be good enough for me.

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2012 (Part 2)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 288
DB
June 21, 2021, 12:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from brigg_mariner
I have renewed mine, this coming season will be a learning curve for us all, I do not expect us to win the league or get into the play offs, we should get a settled squad together, with new owners and new ideas and push from there, anything above 8th position will be good enough for me.

I don't get your thoughts. I have, and always will, expect us to win every match; beit league or cup. I also know we won't win every game but surely as supporters and fans, a win must be our first expectation.

I just don't see any other point. We should go out to win the league first, if that appears not to be the case towards the end of the season then promotion via the play off's. We no longer have the negativity of the old regime which has been replaced by the positivity of the new owners. Positive motivation going forward with enthusiasm upwards.

The only thing that is good enough for me is to get out of this poxy league and back into the Football League. Others have done it at first attempt so why should we?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 288
brigg_mariner
June 21, 2021, 12:14pm

UTM...!!!
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from DB

I don't get your thoughts. I have, and always will, expect us to win every match; beit league or cup. I also know we won't win every game but surely as supporters and fans, a win must be our first expectation.

I just don't see any other point. We should go out to win the league first, if that appears not to be the case towards the end of the season then promotion via the play off's. We no longer have the negativity of the old regime which has been replaced by the positivity of the new owners. Positive motivation going forward with enthusiasm upwards.

The only thing that is good enough for me is to get out of this poxy league and back into the Football League. Others have done it at first attempt so why should we?

I suppose I am just trying not to get my hopes up.

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2012 (Part 2)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 288
DB
June 21, 2021, 12:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from brigg_mariner

I suppose I am just trying not to get my hopes up.

Never mind my friend it one of the joys of being a fan, full of hopes and a few downers.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 288
29 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › the annual season ticket sales thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.