Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › the annual season ticket sales thread
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 222 Guests

the annual season ticket sales thread

This thread currently has 50,837 views. Print
29 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
August 4, 2021, 7:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from moosey_club
Truth is......as we are not comparing eggs with eggs then we wont ever know, the gut feeling is that if JF had have stayed on we wouldnt be near the figure we are at now, how much lower ?? Pure speculation, how much higher is it now he has gone ...again purely speculation.

I know my own two household  S.T's for this season are the first in a number of years and that is purely down to JF going.

The newly announced 500 total of "new purchasers" could be argued are a result to the JF factor, but what we dont know is how many of the other 2000 renewals would have passed up renewing if JF had have still been here.

We are now at a figure that I would have expected with everything still ongoing currently   so anymore from now on for me would be gravy.

There's four season tickets in this house that wouldn't have been here had the previous regime stayed in power.
Private Message
Reply: 230 - 288
denni266
August 4, 2021, 8:34pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +636
Gold Stars: 129
So how many have we sold now ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 231 - 288
Nelly GTFC
August 4, 2021, 8:54pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +24 / -6
Approval: +2,694
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from DB
So what did Jason do or say to deserve a red cross?
Member Centre >> Board Settings >> Don't show reputation or approval [tick]

Just switch them off, that's what I did, they are an absolute waste of time, well in my opinion anyway.  I coudn't give a flying fook who gets positives or negatives.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 232 - 288
MuddyWaters
August 4, 2021, 8:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Member Centre >> Board Settings >> Don't show reputation or approval [tick]

Just switch them off, that's what I did, they are an absolute waste of time, well in my opinion anyway.  I coudn't give a flying fook who gets positives or negatives.

Well said. Did the same last week. Very cathartic not knowing what people think about your posts.
Private Message
Reply: 233 - 288
Nelly GTFC
August 4, 2021, 9:06pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +24 / -6
Approval: +2,694
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Well said. Did the same last week. Very cathartic not knowing what people think about your posts.
100%, I would rather someone give me a piece of their mind (I've been an absolute male private the odd time over the 10+ years, I must admit) and give me a rant or positive praise. Try and encourage people to actually use the forums more, instead of hidden 'agree' or 'disagree', with ticks or crosses.

I didn't even know what cathartic means, learnt something new today after googling it.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 234 - 288
KingstonMariner
August 4, 2021, 10:10pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from EvilFish
It's the smoothing on the lines, not the data

No amount of ‘smoothing’ will make actual sales reduce. One week we’d sold 400 and a week later the total was down to 300. The points on the curve are the cumulative totals, not daily or weekly figures.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 235 - 288
EvilFish
August 4, 2021, 10:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +597
Gold Stars: 52
Quoted from KingstonMariner

No amount of ‘smoothing’ will make actual sales reduce. One week we’d sold 400 and a week later the total was down to 300. The points on the curve are the cumulative totals, not daily or weekly figures.

Believe me. It's the smoothing of the curves, and not the data. There are very few data points in some years, which is what causes the odd curvature.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 236 - 288
Poojah
August 4, 2021, 10:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,490

You are quite correct. What you're looking at there is the pre-season of 2011/12, and Town had just allowed fans' favourite Serge Makofo to go on trial at Lincoln to the anger and dismay of the Town faithful. The graph simply shows the refunds requested in protest at the decision, which eventually forced the club's hand in bringing "Power Serge", as he was known by his adoring fans on account of his lightning speed and electrifying skills, back to his spiritual home.

In time sadly a dream move to Farnborough Town was to prove too tempting for either club or player to turn down and he would go on to light up pitches across Europe including the likes of Gresley Rovers, Edinburgh City and Cypriot Third Division heavyweights PAEEK (pronounced as if you've just stood on a fúcking upturned plug in the dark in the middle of the night).

And if you need a reminder of just how good he was, here's 20 minutes of the great man warming up, sat in various dressing rooms, getting tackled and occasionally completing the odd five yard sideways pass. Enjoy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy-j_DfnaFg

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 237 - 288
KingstonMariner
August 4, 2021, 10:49pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from EvilFish

Believe me. It's the smoothing of the curves, and not the data. There are very few data points in some years, which is what causes the odd curvature.

Why would you need to smooth the curves? All you need is to plot sales. No jiggery-pokery or fancy footwork needed. Simple numbers plotted. The number goes up each week. Some weeks the curve flattens out, sometimes it steepens. It doesn’t go down unless a lot of people get refunds.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 238 - 288
EvilFish
August 4, 2021, 10:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +597
Gold Stars: 52

Why would you need to smooth the curves? All you need is to plot sales. No jiggery-pokery or fancy footwork needed. Simple numbers plotted. The number goes up each week. Some weeks the curve flattens out, sometimes it steepens. It doesn’t go down unless a lot of people get refunds.

Because the lack of data points in some years make the lines quite jarring and difficult to read which detracts from the message of the graph, which is essentially about performance this year in comparison to others. With more data points it wouldn't be needed as the lines would be smoother anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 239 - 288
29 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › the annual season ticket sales thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.