Reply: 10 - 41
pontoonlew
June 12, 2021, 8:16am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
The comments on here and on Twitter show that some of our fan base deserved Fenty for all those years
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 41
ginnywings
June 12, 2021, 9:04am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from pontoonlew
The comments on here and on Twitter show that some of our fan base deserved Fenty for all those years

I think £375 for 22 non league games is a valid gripe for some fans.

Do think there are some good innovations as well though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 41
quebec38
June 12, 2021, 9:20am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,549
Gold Stars: 44
I’m a big fan of everything the club is doing atm however I think it’s more than fair for some to be disappointed.

Obviously there is so much thought that goes in to charging what we do BUT our pricing is pretty much Championship level. I get that they receive revenue in excess of what we do which means that they can drop their prices to compensate however I do understand the disappointment.

To back that up, you can watch Barnsley, Birmingham, Blackpool, Bristol City, Cardiff, Coventry, Huddersfield, Forest, QPR, Reading, Sheff Utd, Stoke and Swansea for no more than the cost of the Upper at GTFC next season.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 41
Limerick Mariner
June 12, 2021, 9:51am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.55
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,553
Gold Stars: 131
The Upper is the premium product and there are only about 1800 seats excluding the restricted views in the top corners. If the club sells most of the seats in there at a low ST price it will be a big loss of revenue overall. I go in there and pay full match day prices with the one match free with the exile pack (now 1878 club). Occasionally I splash out for McMenemy’s as well. If the seats have all gone to discounted STs the club loses that extra cash.

The club have allocated discounts very sensibly IMHO - loyal fans, young and old and key workers / armed forces.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 41
forza ivano
June 12, 2021, 10:04am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,136
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from ginnywings

But as limerick pointed out that's the price for the best seats in the house.you can still get a decent view from any of the other stands if you pick your seat sensibly and then it's only 340 which is about £15 a game which I think is very reasonable. You've also got the various discounts, and everyone could benefit just by joining the trust
You also get free membership of 1878 club ( worth £25) £10 off a shirt, which loads of people buy, plus a club shop discount so all in all most people will be getting a bargain
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 41
GollyGTFC
June 12, 2021, 10:12am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from forza ivano

But as limerick pointed out that's the price for the best seats in the house.you can still get a decent view from any of the other stands if you pick your seat sensibly and then it's only 340 which is about £15 a game which I think is very reasonable. You've also got the various discounts, and everyone could benefit just by joining the trust
You also get free membership of 1878 club ( worth £25) £10 off a shirt, which loads of people buy, plus a club shop discount so all in all most people will be getting a bargain

You could argue that the “free membership of 1878 club” is worthless as STH already get first and higher priority on everything that 1878 club offers non-STHs.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 41
bax
June 12, 2021, 10:28am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from quebec38
I’m a big fan of everything the club is doing atm however I think it’s more than fair for some to be disappointed.

Obviously there is so much thought that goes in to charging what we do BUT our pricing is pretty much Championship level. I get that they receive revenue in excess of what we do which means that they can drop their prices to compensate however I do understand the disappointment.

To back that up, you can watch Barnsley, Birmingham, Blackpool, Bristol City, Cardiff, Coventry, Huddersfield, Forest, QPR, Reading, Sheff Utd, Stoke and Swansea for no more than the cost of the Upper at GTFC next season.

But these teams receive a minimum of £6.7m each in solidarity payments and revenue shares alone. That's even before a season or match ticket is sold. It's easy to discount ticket prices when you have millions coming in to compensate!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 41
GollyGTFC
June 12, 2021, 10:44am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from bax

But these teams receive a minimum of £6.7m each in solidarity payments and revenue shares alone. That's even before a season or match ticket is sold. It's easy to discount ticket prices when you have millions coming in to compensate!

Apart from the average Championship club loses £26m a year. And that’s pre-COVID.

I was expecting a family ST offer in the Main Stand and a better deal than the 6 for 5 offer announced.

I’m a little underwhelmed. More rearranging the deckchairs on the titanic than a route and branch relaunch of ticketing structures.

The elephant in the room is it’s 22 home league matches next season and not 23. That’s 4.3% of what you’re normally buying gone before you consider anything else.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 41
pontoonlew
June 12, 2021, 11:03am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
Quoted from ginnywings

We’ve just been through a year with no fans in the ground and we’re just about to take a huge financial hit from dropping out of the league, what did they expect? £100 each?

Ticket prices are the one thing that keep clubs below League 1 alive, I’ve always been of the opinion that prices should actually be lower in the PL given the fact the revenue is a mere drop in the water. The prices will keep the club competitive and in reality they’re very fair.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season tickets announced

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.