2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
GollyGTFC
June 11, 2021, 8:06am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Not the French President who got a slap earlier this week.

Town’s new “technical partner”…

[tweet]1403245618512859136[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Withnail
June 11, 2021, 8:32am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,425
Gold Stars: 33
Hope the new kit doesn't get slapped down. Baddum tish!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
Gainsbro_Mariner
June 11, 2021, 8:45am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
Fair play, they've made some decent kits from what I have seen, I'm glad we didn't go down the path of some of the lower end tacky brands you see kicking about like Carbrini, Carlotti, Surridge, FBT etc

Must admit after 13 seasons of Errea I had completely lost the ability to distinguish which kits were from which season they all looked the same to me so glad for a change and hopefully a refreshed design. May actually buy one for the first time in a while.  

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
Bristol Mariner
June 11, 2021, 8:49am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Times, they are a’changing

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
aldi_01
June 11, 2021, 8:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner
Fair play, they've made some decent kits from what I have seen, I'm glad we didn't go down the path of some of the lower end tacky brands you see kicking about like Carbrini, Carlotti, Surridge, FBT etc

Must admit after 13 seasons of Errea I had completely lost the ability to distinguish which kits were from which season they all looked the same to me so glad for a change and hopefully a refreshed design. May actually buy one for the first time in a while.  

The Errea kits we had were woeful quality and the sizing was all over the…Shame really as some of they’re kits are excellent…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
Gainsbro_Mariner
June 11, 2021, 9:49am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from aldi_01

The Errea kits we had were woeful quality and the sizing was all over the…Shame really as some of they’re kits are excellent…

Agreed, football shirts in general have changed over the last decade or so they're almost physique fit not baggy like they were so anyone who's not slim looks like a poorly packed sausage.. At least in Rugby they release a fan shirt thats cut different to the on the field spray on versions. I'm 6ft3 and the XL or XXL Nike kits we had 2004-08 used to fit a treat no problem at all, but after the first couple of Errea kits which weren't too bad I started to look like an overweight cyclist and I'm not really an unhealthy big. Last one I bought was I thought I would up by size to a 3XL shirt a couple of years ago and its still not a flattering look so I don't think I wore it once.

Hope Macron sizing is a little more sensible.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
mimma
June 11, 2021, 11:21am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,544
Gold Stars: 78
I just wish that we always played in our traditional black and white stripes instead of this ludicrous idea of one strip for home games, and another strip for away games. At away games the vast majority of Town fans wear black and white, not many wear the away colours, so what is the point?

Tradition trumps current fashion every time.

Can anyone remember the candy stripes we played in in the sixties? I always thought they looked smart and were completely different,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
Poojah
June 11, 2021, 11:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,489
Quoted from mimma
I just wish that we always played in our traditional black and white stripes instead of this ludicrous idea of one strip for home games, and another strip for away games. At away games the vast majority of Town fans wear black and white, not many wear the away colours, so what is the point?

Tradition trumps current fashion every time.

Can anyone remember the candy stripes we played in in the sixties? I always thought they looked smart and were completely different,

Agree with this - we should wear black and white stripes wherever there isn't a kit clash. I'd prefer us to change to white shorts or white / black / red socks (whichever aren't the official first choice) before we use a change kit. There's something special about seeing the famous black and white away from home.

I think the prevailing logic is that this approach would lead to fewer outings for second and third strips, which would affect sales of those shirts. I can understand the theory, but I'd be highly surprised if it had any meaningful impact - if people like the shirts and they're reasonably priced, they will buy them regardless.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
aldi_01
June 11, 2021, 11:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
It’s purely a marketing thing.

We’ve had some dreadful kits with Errea, remember that ‘pink’ number that looked nothing like pink?

I’d be happy with a really simple black and white, I don’t wear my shirt that I buy but it would still be nice to have a decent and simplistic kit.

I’d like them to do an option without the sponsor but that’s unlikely.

We’ve gone quite far in to this thread without someone decreeing the need for red socks only…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
Kris2
June 11, 2021, 12:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
As long as they don't make a third kit that makes you look like a salmon it's all good.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
DB
June 11, 2021, 12:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,881
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from Kris2
As long as they don't make a third kit that makes you look like a salmon it's all good.

We have Harry Haddock,

he could have mate with

Sammy Salmon!

Just a thought!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 11, 2021, 1:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from Kris2

Anyone got any vera’s…..eezergood eezergood

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
Posh Harry
June 11, 2021, 1:26pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner

Agreed, football shirts in general have changed over the last decade or so they're almost physique fit not baggy like they were so anyone who's not slim looks like a poorly packed sausage.. At least in Rugby they release a fan shirt thats cut different to the on the field spray on versions. I'm 6ft3 and the XL or XXL Nike kits we had 2004-08 used to fit a treat no problem at all, but after the first couple of Errea kits which weren't too bad I started to look like an overweight cyclist and I'm not really an unhealthy big. Last one I bought was I thought I would up by size to a 3XL shirt a couple of years ago and its still not a flattering look so I don't think I wore it once.

Hope Macron sizing is a little more sensible.

I’ve always found macron sizing a little bit small and very irritating.

Not a clue about the kit though 🙂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Macron

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.