Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › All The UEFA EURO 2020 Games Match Threads
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 28 Guests

All The UEFA EURO 2020 Games Match Threads

This thread currently has 43,355 views. Print
70 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
MeanwoodMariner
June 11, 2021, 3:33pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Rick12
France's strength in depth is frightening though  especially with Benzema back.

Isn't it just. Can't see past them at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 690
GollyGTFC
June 11, 2021, 3:38pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from Poojah

Never write off ze Germans.

I am writing them off.

If they weren’t at home in all their group games I think they might not get out of the group stage.

But as they are they’ll probably get enough points (4 or 5) to qualify in 2nd behind France with Portugal going through in 3rd (again),

It’s hard to look past France for the title.

Belgium are ageing, especially in defence.

Spain are nothing special.

Germany the same.

Netherlands are useless.

For me the winners will come from…

France
Portugal
England
Italy
Turkey

And the smaller nations I expect to do well…

Denmark
Scotland

Most likely to get 0 points…

Wales
Czech Republic

I went through the groups to predict the tournament and I got the following Semi-Finals…

Portugal/Italy v France
England v Turkey

(Sorry, I couldn’t decide between Portugal or italy in the QF)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 690
Hagrid
June 11, 2021, 4:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I am writing them off.

If they weren’t at home in all their group games I think they might not get out of the group stage.

But as they are they’ll probably get enough points (4 or 5) to qualify in 2nd behind France with Portugal going through in 3rd (again),

It’s hard to look past France for the title.

Belgium are ageing, especially in defence.

Spain are nothing special.

Germany the same.

Netherlands are useless.

For me the winners will come from…

France
Portugal
England
Italy
Turkey

And the smaller nations I expect to do well…

Denmark
Scotland

Most likely to get 0 points…

Wales
Czech Republic

I went through the groups to predict the tournament and I got the following Semi-Finals…

Portugal/Italy v France
England v Turkey

(Sorry, I couldn’t decide between Portugal or italy in the QF)

no chance

France to win it i Agree, Germany will surprise you, Turkey are nowhere near as good as your implying, and that'll be shown tonight when a resurgent Italy beat them, i dont think the Turks will get out the group
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 690
GollyGTFC
June 11, 2021, 4:44pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid

no chance

France to win it i Agree, Germany will surprise you, Turkey are nowhere near as good as your implying, and that'll be shown tonight when a resurgent Italy beat them, i dont think the Turks will get out the group

You say Turkey aren’t good but in qualifying they took 4 points off France.

Amyway, you don’t have to be that good if your path to the SF is kind. If Turkey finish 2nd in group A they will face 2nd in group B (Denmark or Russia?) in R16. If/when they come through that group C winners (Netherlands, Ukraine, Austria or North Macedonia) or a 3rd placed team in QF.

Turkey are better than all 4 of those teams in group C in my opinion.

Turkey have a lovely path if they can engineer themselves a 2nd placed finish.

And Germany are where they were in 2004. Between 2 generations with little in between. The last remnants of their 2014 World Cup winners with inexperienced young talent. Germany will be more competitive in 2022 and 2024.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 690
GollyGTFC
June 11, 2021, 4:48pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid

no chance

Oh and tonight..

Italy under Mancini are totally different to the traditional Italy sides who scored a goal and then defended and took a 1-0 win. They will go for it from the first whistle. I expect Turkey to pick them apart on the counterattack. An entertaining game. 2-2 or 3-2 to either side.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 690
aldi_01
June 11, 2021, 5:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Oh and tonight..

Italy under Mancini are totally different to the traditional Italy sides who scored a goal and then defended and took a 1-0 win. They will go for it from the first whistle. I expect Turkey to pick them apart on the counterattack. An entertaining game. 2-2 or 3-2 to either side.

Italy have seemingly quietly become an attacking force. They’ve sort of slipped under the radar, so much so some of my Italian friends haven’t really taken an interest until recently.

Italy will either be excellent or just completely fall apart. I agree about the Germans too, they’ll be organised but ‘home’ advantage could be their saving grace. Benzema back for France is massive; he’s an excellent and consistent player, they’re my favourite but then I think you could genuinely throw us, Italy, possibly Portugal in to it…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 690
GollyGTFC
June 11, 2021, 5:09pm

Whiskey Drinker
People forget that Portugal won Euro 2016 by only winning 1 of their 7 matches in 90 minutes.

Drew all 3 group games and scraped through to the knock-out round as the 3rd ranked 3rd placed team. They then beat Croatia in extra-team and Poland on penalties and were in the Semi-Finals. That was their 1 win within regulation time (2-0 against Wales). And then they won the Final in extra-time again.

4 draws
2 wins in extra-time
1 win in 90 minutes.
🏆 Champions of Europe.

You telling me Portugal were the best team in 2016? They weren’t. But they won the competition.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 690
DB
June 11, 2021, 5:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.54
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,879
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from GollyGTFC
People forget that Portugal won Euro 2016 by only winning 1 of their 7 matches in 90 minutes.

Drew all 3 group games and scraped through to the knock-out round as the 3rd ranked 3rd placed team. They then beat Croatia in extra-team and Poland on penalties and were in the Semi-Finals. That was their 1 win within regulation time (2-0 against Wales). And then they won the Final in extra-time again.

4 draws
2 wins in extra-time
1 win in 90 minutes.
🏆 Champions of Europe.

You telling me Portugal were the best team in 2016? They weren’t. But they won the competition.

I've got Scotland in the sweepstake, I live in hope.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 690
aldi_01
June 11, 2021, 5:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from GollyGTFC

4 draws
2 wins in extra-time
1 win in 90 minutes.
🏆 Champions of Europe.

More so than the World Cup, I’m not of the opinion, much like yourself that you have to be the best team in the euros. Ironically, the year Portugal were the best they got beat. Same when France won it, I’d still argue the Italy were equally as good…not sure Denmark were that good. Only with time do I think these teams become the best, rose tinted specs and all that…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 690
GrimRob
June 11, 2021, 5:31pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Pleased it's starting. World Cup 2018 seems a lifetime ago. So much has happened since. We're going to be spoilt (to quote PH) over the next 13 months.  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 690
70 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › All The UEFA EURO 2020 Games Match Threads

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.