Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › council want to talk to Town about new stadium
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 131 Guests

council want to talk to Town about new stadium

This thread currently has 59,785 views. Print
53 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... Next All Recommend Thread
mimma
November 1, 2021, 1:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,544
Gold Stars: 78
At that time Rancio, was it still Cleethorpes council, when it had it's own council, separate to Grisby, and before N E Lincs? Don't think it would make a difference though,  I think the club would struggle to get any kind of planning permission.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 230 - 520
mimma
November 1, 2021, 1:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,544
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from mimma
At that time Rancio, was it still Cleethorpes council, when it had it's own council, separate to Grimsby, and before N E Lincs? Don't think it would make a difference though,  I think the club would struggle to get any kind of planning permission.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 231 - 520
rancido
November 1, 2021, 1:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,446
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from ska face
I understand additional storeys on top of existing football stands are now classed as permitted development, subject to the materials being of a similar appearance to the existing.

They would still have to get past objections from local residents if the skyline was heightened. It would be quite easy for any pressure group to whip up resistance against this with the argument "Mainstand today, Osmond and Pontoon to come. Thin end of the wedge" Do you think a Mainstand the same height as The Youngs would be given planning permission because I seriously doubt it.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 232 - 520
Mallyner
November 1, 2021, 1:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,509
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from Sigone
The council are looking to build a multi storey car park in grant street, match days it could be made free to park, with park and ride funded by the club.  A  new main stand with a modern roof would not give any issues to viewing from the back no matter how high it could be.

The last time I sat in the Main Stand was a reserve game, when Bradley Woods made perhaps his first appearance.

So, I cannot remember why views are restricted, is it due to the roof or the elevation of the seats?
If it is the roof, could not a front section be constructed with a different angle, without making it higher than the top?

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 233 - 520
ska face
November 1, 2021, 2:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,341
Gold Stars: 820
Quoted from rancido

They would still have to get past objections from local residents if the skyline was heightened. It would be quite easy for any pressure group to whip up resistance against this with the argument "Mainstand today, Osmond and Pontoon to come. Thin end of the wedge" Do you think a Mainstand the same height as The Youngs would be given planning permission because I seriously doubt it.

Don’t worry, was just a little planning joke.
Private Message
Reply: 234 - 520
ginnywings
November 1, 2021, 2:25pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
People have a right to light under planning, but that doesn't stop stuff being built at height. I remember the pressure group down Seacroft road complaining long and loud about the development on the old Winter Gardens site, but it went ahead.

If the council approve planning, I'm sure the residents of Harrington St. will lodge a complaint, but they have to have an extremely strong case to stop any subsequent works from going ahead. There is already a precedent set with the pre existing stand. They bought those houses knowing what was at the bottom of their gardens.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 235 - 520
rancido
November 1, 2021, 2:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face

Don’t worry, was just a little planning joke.

That's fine. The thing is though that a lot of posters on here get an idea about some kind of plan or other and never look at the next stage. As an example I have heard so many suggestions about using Docks/New Clee Station for visiting fans without realising that Network Rail will never put money into these for 23 days of the year at most.

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 236 - 520
ginnywings
November 1, 2021, 2:29pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from rancido

That's fine. The thing is though that a lot of posters on here get an idea about some kind of plan or other and never look at the next stage. As an example I have heard so many suggestions about using Docks/New Clee Station for visiting fans without realising that Network Rail will never put money into these for 23 days of the year at most.

The stations are already there though. You can request stop at them if you ask nicely.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 237 - 520
rancido
November 1, 2021, 2:49pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

The stations are already there though. You can request stop at them if you ask nicely.

Unless it has changed then that only applies to the Barton train. TPE and the Lincoln service do not use it as a request stop. As an example if Stockport fans wanted to come by train then they cannot use Docks or New Clee stations.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 238 - 520
DB
November 1, 2021, 2:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,880
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from rancido

But you have to have planning permission to demolish a building and change the use of the land.

Not if you live down Humberston Ave. A developer bought a house and demolished it the next day to provide access for the development. The council stated the house will be rebuilt as they did not having planning permission to demolish it! Never happened! And there's a nice road!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 239 - 520
53 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › council want to talk to Town about new stadium

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.