Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › council want to talk to Town about new stadium
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 375 Guests

council want to talk to Town about new stadium

This thread currently has 59,786 views. Print
53 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
November 1, 2021, 11:34am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,446
Gold Stars: 91
I think car parking is a bit of a red herring. There is no way planning permission would be granted for thousands of car parking spaces anyway - authorities are keen on getting us out of our cars. It would have to park and ride I would imagine with any new stadium. Street parking is actually preferable in terms of being able to drive near the ground and find a space. I am sure the owners will be looking at all options though for parking ideas around BP.

I guess the owners might be thinking of a halfway house with a redevelopment of the main stand. it gives us some breathing space in the years ahead, but does not preclude a new stadium if things really take off.

The downside is will we miss the boat of an iconic dockside stadium if this is a possibility?

A new stadium on the docks is my preferred option, but has this really any chance of happening?

On - street parking is ok if the spaces are available and the streets can handle the traffic, even for maybe 3 to 4 hours on a Saturday. Unfortunately all the surrounding streets can't safely handle that volume of traffic. With double parking down the streets by residents ( the do own cars as well!) and several of the streets one-way, the whole situation becomes a traffic nightmare. With increased gates at BP the situation is only going to get worse. Then you can throw in the possibility of emergency services trying to access one of this streets between 2 to 3pm on a match day then you could be faced with a potential incident becoming a disaster, especially if there was a house fire.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 220 - 520
lew chaterleys lover
November 1, 2021, 11:36am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Heisenberg

I mentioned the roof thing, and if you’re referring to what I said (I’m not sure) what I meant was the council are unlikely to allow planning for a higher roof than it currently has, as residents back windows look right at it.

Is that the planning law for definite?  Genuine question as I have no experience in planning matters that affect community stadiums.

Also surely the council would wait to see what clever design ideas they could come up with? It might look spectacular and improve the overall environment?

Private Message
Reply: 221 - 520
Heisenberg
November 1, 2021, 11:42am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,809
Gold Stars: 89

Is that the planning law for definite?  Genuine question as I have no experience in planning matters that affect community stadiums.

Also surely the council would wait to see what clever design ideas they could come up with? It might look spectacular and improve the overall environment?

No Lew, it’s not the rule, I’m just saying that any resident who complains is likely to have a strong case for refusal if you’re looking at rebuilding to a greater height. I’m probably no more expert than you on this issue!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 222 - 520
Ruston AT
November 1, 2021, 12:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +397
Gold Stars: 9

Easily sorted, buy all the houses behind the main stand, flatten then and provide restricted parking .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 223 - 520
bedders78
November 1, 2021, 12:06pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Heisenberg

No Lew, it’s not the rule, I’m just saying that any resident who complains is likely to have a strong case for refusal if you’re looking at rebuilding to a greater height. I’m probably no more expert than you on this issue!

Looks like it could be circumnavigated with compensation - https://www.whnsolicitors.co.u.....light-what-can-i-do/ Luckily we now have an expert developer at the club.

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 224 - 520
rancido
November 1, 2021, 12:53pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Ruston AT

Easily sorted, buy all the houses behind the main stand, flatten then and provide restricted parking .

But you have to have planning permission to demolish a building and change the use of the land.

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 225 - 520
Swansea_Mariner
November 1, 2021, 1:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from Ruston AT

Easily sorted if they are happy to sell and if you're happy to pay a premium for that land as they have no obligation to sell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 226 - 520
rancido
November 1, 2021, 1:22pm

Vodka Drinker

Planning laws can be a minefield to negotiate but at least the local planners will give you an indication of if your application will be successful. It seems to have been forgotten by many or maybe not even known that many many years ago when the club approached the Council about developing BP, the preferred option, by the Council, was a ground move. This was in the public domain and was mentioned in the GET at the time.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 227 - 520
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 1, 2021, 1:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Probably already been asked but, with regards the redevelopment of the main stand (if it were to happen)

1.would this also incorporate the osmond being redeveloped
2. Could the main stand run the whole length of the pitch
3. Isn’t the main stand a listed building

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 228 - 520
ska face
November 1, 2021, 1:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,342
Gold Stars: 820
I understand additional storeys on top of existing football stands are now classed as permitted development, subject to the materials being of a similar appearance to the existing.
Private Message
Reply: 229 - 520
53 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › council want to talk to Town about new stadium

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.