Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Beers you love, or hate.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 22 Guests

Beers you love, or hate.

This thread currently has 3,466 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
May 22, 2021, 10:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,824
Gold Stars: 553
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I think you just threw some random words and letters together there Knut. šŸ˜

Arenā€™t all my posts like that?! šŸ˜€
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 58
KingstonMariner
May 22, 2021, 10:38pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

Arenā€™t all my posts like that?! šŸ˜€

To be fair, only the odd ones.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 58
KingstonMariner
May 22, 2021, 10:38pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
And read that how you like šŸ˜†

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 58
ginnywings
May 23, 2021, 2:03am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Tastes have changed. Used to like dark bitters but more into lighter IPA types and Blond Ales nowadays. Like to go to Leeds, York or Sheffield Kelham Island for a trawl round the ale houses. Just a few of the ones I like but it's not an exclusive list. Find new ones all the time and it's good that the pubs are now back open so we can go and explore again.

York Brewery- Guzzler

Osset Brewery- Yorkshire Blond

Brewdog- Dead Pony Club

Wainwrights- Golden Ale

Batemans- Combined Harvest

Kelham Island Brewery- Easy Rider or Riders of the Storm.

Bradfiled Brewery- Farmers Blond.

Not usually a lager drinker but sometimes have a Starapramen or a Budvar.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 58
DB
May 23, 2021, 6:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,996
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from ginnywings
Tastes have changed. Used to like dark bitters but more into lighter IPA types and Blond Ales nowadays. Like to go to Leeds, York or Sheffield Kelham Island for a trawl round the ale houses. Just a few of the ones I like but it's not an exclusive list. Find new ones all the time and it's good that the pubs are now back open so we can go and explore again.

York Brewery- Guzzler

Osset Brewery- Yorkshire Blond

Brewdog- Dead Pony Club

Wainwrights- Golden Ale

Batemans- Combined Harvest

Kelham Island Brewery- Easy Rider or Riders of the Storm.

Bradfiled Brewery- Farmers Blond.

Not usually a lager drinker but sometimes have a Starapramen or a Budvar.

Apart from Batemans Combined Harvest, which I like, I've never heard of the rest so it's something to try. I'd also forgotten about Batsmanā€™s XXXB and Guinness Porter both of which are pretty good, the porter is probably an acquired taste though.

I like the sound of Shepherd Neame 1698 (6.5% vol) so I'll have some of that too.

Hopefully, it's going to be a long hot summer so I'll have something to occupy my mind, wife permitting.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 58
aldi_01
May 23, 2021, 9:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Verdant are knocking it out the park at the minute...DEYA doing well too.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 58
Maringer
May 23, 2021, 10:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,476
Gold Stars: 185
My favouritest beer in the world, ever is Tripel Karmeliet. Belgian tripel blonde which Tesco is now selling although only in 750ml bottles which is a hefty drink. Give it a go - it's fantastic stuff.

Other Belgian tripels which are nice are Gouden Carolus, Delirium Tremens and La Chouffe. Lots of others as well, of course. Duvel is passable if the above aren't available. The regular strength blondes such as Leffe are fine, if not spectacular and I don't mind the odd bruin from time to time either.

Most lagers brewed overseas are pretty good - Stella, Kronenbourg, San Miguel, Heineken, etc. It's only the bastardised versions brewed under licence in the UK which are rubbish. Not quite sure what corners are cut to make them so poor in comparison to their continental brethren.

Budvar my favourite lager, I think. Not a great fan of the German lagers, however. Just don't like the style that much.

I do, however, like the German weizen beers. Erdinger always nice and some of the Schneiderweisse beers are also very good. Their Aventinus doppelbock is great, but not for the faint-hearted as it has a lot of poke.

I like a pint of Willy's Original though it is absolutely yonks since I've had one - 18 months or more now I reckon. Tragic, when I used to go there for a pint or two at lunch a couple of times a week.

Exmoor Gold a lovely beer though you don't see it round here very often, that's for sure. I generally prefer the paler cask beers.

Don't mind some of the 'craft' beers though many just have too many hops chucked in them. West Coast IPAs generally not too bad in this regard.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 58
Stadium
May 23, 2021, 3:42pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Maringer
My favouritest beer in the world, ever is Tripel Karmeliet. Belgian tripel blonde which Tesco is now selling although only in 750ml bottles which is a hefty drink. Give it a go - it's fantastic stuff.

Other Belgian tripels which are nice are Gouden Carolus, Delirium Tremens and La Chouffe. Lots of others as well, of course. Duvel is passable if the above aren't available. The regular strength blondes such as Leffe are fine, if not spectacular and I don't mind the odd bruin from time to time either.

Most lagers brewed overseas are pretty good - Stella, Kronenbourg, San Miguel, Heineken, etc. It's only the bastardised versions brewed under licence in the UK which are rubbish. Not quite sure what corners are cut to make them so poor in comparison to their continental brethren.

Budvar my favourite lager, I think. Not a great fan of the German lagers, however. Just don't like the style that much.

I do, however, like the German weizen beers. Erdinger always nice and some of the Schneiderweisse beers are also very good. Their Aventinus doppelbock is great, but not for the faint-hearted as it has a lot of poke.

I like a pint of Willy's Original though it is absolutely yonks since I've had one - 18 months or more now I reckon. Tragic, when I used to go there for a pint or two at lunch a couple of times a week.

Exmoor Gold a lovely beer though you don't see it round here very often, that's for sure. I generally prefer the paler cask beers.

Don't mind some of the 'craft' beers though many just have too many hops chucked in them. West Coast IPAs generally not too bad in this regard.

Noticed Tripel Karmeliet is now in Morrisons too(750ml)
Also they have Westmalle Tripel & Chimay both superb Belgium choices.
Noticed also Fruh Kolsch from cologne & the legendary HB (HofbrƤu Original ) from Munich.
Exmoor Gold is excellent btw.

ā€œThere's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.ā€- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 58
Maringer
May 23, 2021, 9:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,476
Gold Stars: 185
I used to go to Morrisons now and then to pick up some of the wheat beers they sold that Tesco didn't (I used to quite like the Erdinger Dunkel, but I've gone off it recently). As I'm based in Cleethorpes, Morrisons is a bit of a hike, so I'm pleased to say that Tesco sell a lot more good stuff now as well. I've also ordered from Beer Merchants, Beers of Europe and (back when they were shipping to the UK last year!) Beers of Belgium.

Oddly enough, it's only 20-odd years ago that I used to order deliveries of Erdinger from Majestic Wines because none of the supermarkets sold wheat beers back then! The difference in choice in supermarkets now compared to then is absolutely remarkable. Probably greater than a ten-fold increase in the range.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 58
Les Brechin
May 25, 2021, 2:21pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,699
Gold Stars: 174
My favourite beer is Wye Valley Brewery's Butty Bach.

First had it on a trip to Hereford but at the time you couldn't get it round here.

Thankfully Asda stock it now.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 Ā£16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED Ā£170.00
Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā 
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Beers you love, or hate.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.