FishOutOfWater
May 20, 2021, 2:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from jamesgtfc

If his legal team do contact CA, then I presume each an every point will be replied to with a valid source.

I can only commend the guy who is behind this...  better late than never for us all to get an idea of what went on behind the scenes, so credit where it's due

I didn't live locally or get to too many games at the time Fenty started off getting a stranglehold on the club so a lot of this is new to me, but it certainly reinforces what I came to expect latterly

https://twitter.com/mark_stilton/status/1394731290965037058?s=20
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 40 - 45
heppy88
May 20, 2021, 3:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Full credit to Mark Stilton and CA for this.
Based on Cod Almighty's history over writing about Fenty, I was surprised how even handed the article is. Very matter of fact, straying away from personal opinion, but damning all the same.
What surprised me the most is the "wheeler dealing", underhand tactics and blatant bullying, that goes on within and from the board. Call me naïve and idealistic, I always assumed the aim of the board of a football club would be pull and work together, for the betterment of the club as a whole? Surely you only join the board of a football club if you have the best interests of the club at heart?
As a youngster I would stand in the pontoon daydreaming that, to borrow a  "Fentyism", if I ever received any football fortune I would invest in the club, maybe contribute to a new stadium. But after reading the CA article I realise I would probably be surrounded by vultures and charlatans, whose individual missions would be to fleece me of my entire "fortune" lock stock and barrel.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 45
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
May 21, 2021, 2:45am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Barrattstander
I love a box set.
Does this series have a happy ending ?

Hopefully mate, hopefully.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 45
OneLove
May 21, 2021, 5:29am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
just goes to show how the man bullied his way thru life
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 45
MuddyWaters
May 21, 2021, 9:29am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
And to think, for all these years, I thought he was just inept.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 45
RichMariner
May 21, 2021, 2:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,134
Gold Stars: 209
There are some good people out there in business now. The culture is (slowly) changing.

Fenty is a throwback to the male-dominated, misogynistic, arrogant decades of greed. Don't get me wrong - that spirit is alive and well now. But as a nation, as we've become more diverse and accepting, our business culture is evolving.

I've worked for CEOs (all men, mind) who are far more open to ideas, prepared to listen, and don't act arrogantly. They're paid to make big decisions, and they're paid for their accountability, so the pressure is never off. But when they trust the people 'below' them, they know they'll get the best from them, be better informed, and have less to worry about as a result.

It's an over-simplistic way of summing it up, but in Stockwood you have someone who 100% gets it. Empower the people, trust them, make them feel valued. It'll make his life as chairman so much easier, and everyone's happy.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 45 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Fenty Years: Part One

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.