Poojah
May 19, 2021, 12:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,424
Gold Stars: 1,499
Quoted from headingly_mariner
I imagine his legal team will be racking up the overtime reading that.

Do you think? I only read it briefly yesterday but it came across as a compilation of events reported by the Telegraph over the years rather than any new or unfounded accusations.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 45
jamesgtfc
May 19, 2021, 12:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Poojah

Do you think? I only read it briefly yesterday but it came across as a compilation of events reported by the Telegraph over the years rather than any new or unfounded accusations.

If his legal team do contact CA, then I presume each an every point will be replied to with a valid source.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 45
Abdul19
May 19, 2021, 12:20pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,513
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from Iknowyoursecret

Won’t be able to afford a legal team when the tax lady gets him

[img]https://i2-prod.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/article1300863.ece/ALTERNATES/s1200c/3_Grimsby-Town-director-Philip-Day.jpg[/img]

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 45
Barrattstander
May 19, 2021, 12:43pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +868
Gold Stars: 14
I love a box set.
Does this series have a happy ending ?

62 Seasons following the Mariners from the Barrett Stand side.(apart from 2020-21)
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DL2SD1UW4AAfaOx.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 45
aldi_01
May 19, 2021, 3:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Poojah

This was my view, nothing there that isn’t publicly available. Pure facts, no flannel or opinion...although given what we know about Honest John I’d imagine he’ll still believe it’s all lies...

If I’m honest, I read it and just found myself nodding and simply realising that my opinion of the man has never really changed, perhaps gotten worse...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 45
KingstonMariner
May 19, 2021, 5:07pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Some of the stuff about the wranglings in the board room 20 years ago sound more like they’re from Shareholder meetings or AGMs. The GPE of thing that doesn’t get minuted.  I’d be interested interested in how those bits were sourced.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 45
aldi_01
May 19, 2021, 7:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Some of the stuff about the wranglings in the board room 20 years ago sound more like they’re from Shareholder meetings or AGMs. The GPE of thing that doesn’t get minuted.  I’d be interested interested in how those bits were sourced.

Word of mouth, Grimsby is a small place and I guess CA have made it clear that they’re not saying it’s fact; merely offering a written narrative and one mans musings of the debacle that was John Fenty and Grimsby Town FC.

Plenty of people locally to offer stories and comments about Fenty that they’ve no reason to make up...woman I work with isn’t a town fan, nobody in her family is either, her, along with her dad despise the man for many a reason...nothing to do with his ineptitude at running a football team...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 45
KingstonMariner
May 19, 2021, 8:39pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Oh I get that Aldi. The greatest tell I ever witnessed was when he made that comment about his scratched car at the fans forum, not 12 feet from me.

It’d be nice that the early stuff referenced was similarly witnessed by a number of people. Just to make sure the man keeps his “Getyourfactsright” trap shut on it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 45
aldi_01
May 19, 2021, 9:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Oh I get that Aldi. The greatest tell I ever witnessed was when he made that comment about his scratched car at the fans forum, not 12 feet from me.

It’d be nice that the early stuff referenced was similarly witnessed by a number of people. Just to make sure the man keeps his “Getyourfactsright” trap shut on it.

Weird isn’t it, my opinion of him was very low before that comment but I was there that night and the way he said it and the reasons just told me even more. From that point I was done with him...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 45
jamesgtfc
May 19, 2021, 9:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
I remember that old guy on RH earlier in the season.

"He was a prat then and he's a still a prat now!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Fenty Years: Part One

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.