5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Kris2
May 18, 2021, 10:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Perhaps some people won't be aware of things in the article so it's good to look at how we ended up in the places we did and the toxic environment the boardroom became. Plus how many things Fenty did at the club with hostile and aggressive actions like his takeover in itself. He was ruthless in forcing his will with threats and got rid of his opponents to replace them with cronies.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 45
KingstonMariner
May 18, 2021, 10:39pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Kris2
Perhaps some people won't be aware of things in the article so it's good to look at how we ended up in the places we did and the toxic environment the boardroom became. Plus how many things Fenty did at the club with hostile and aggressive actions like his takeover in itself. He was ruthless in forcing his will with threats and got rid of his opponents to replace them with cronies.

This! If that story was more widely known at the time.....

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 45
toontown
May 18, 2021, 10:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,269
Gold Stars: 70
Yes a very well researched article, very comprehensive.

We shouldn't ignore the past, we need to learn from it, so in future the likes of fenty never get as close to destroying the club as he did
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 45
aldi_01
May 19, 2021, 5:55am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from KingstonMariner

This! If that story was more widely known at the time.....

Agreed although there were a few at the time that knew these things, they were all in the public but people believed his nonsense that without him there would be no club.

I can hand in heart say that the pro Fenty morons that sit near me will still think that article is all nonsense...they used to argue with the actual facts. Fenty himself would argue with those things.

We can move on but it’s a story that needs telling, fans deserve to know. If they then still choose to ignore it then more fool them...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 45
DB
May 19, 2021, 6:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.48
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from aldi_01

Agreed although there were a few at the time that knew these things, they were all in the public but people believed his nonsense that without him there would be no club.

I can hand in heart say that the pro Fenty morons that sit near me will still think that article is all nonsense...they used to argue with the actual facts. Fenty himself would argue with those things.

We can move on but it’s a story that needs telling, fans deserve to know. If they then still choose to ignore it then more fool them...

There are a few on here given the number of red cross's people get for any criticism of Fenty & Co.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 45
ska face
May 19, 2021, 7:20am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,640
Gold Stars: 840
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"

A very good piece of writing, incredibly well researched. It really puts to bed the myth that has been cultivated around Fenty, that he was some benevolent philanthropist who stepped in only when the club were staring extinction in the face. The article lays bare what may be seen as the intimidation, the bullying and the machinations which led him taking a stranglehold over he club over the course of a number of years. This is the most comprehensive and accessible summary of Fenty’s shenanigans I’ve ever read, and it’s only Part 1. Parts 2 and (I imagine) 3 will be illuminating as the wheels come off and the behaviour becomes more and more erratic.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 45
KingstonMariner
May 19, 2021, 7:38am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from aldi_01

What I’ve never heard before are the machinations that went on before he stepped up his involvement in what was it 2004?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 45
aldi_01
May 19, 2021, 8:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from KingstonMariner

What I’ve never heard before are the machinations that went on before he stepped up his involvement in what was it 2004?

There were always the stories doing the rounds of the bullying and his nonsense diatribe against anyone that dared challenge him...

Are those who see he can do no wrong or think he did well the bury their head sorts or is it a blind love?

Like the bloke near me at the match, he literally never blames the club or players for anything. It’s always the Referees fault, the weather, the manager, the physio...anyone really, except the club or players which is odd. He once blamed the ref for great through ball for the oppo and good finish Becauee the ref obscured the view of the centre half apparently...is it these types that believe the Fenty nonsense? Is is these people that ignore hard facts Becauee they genuinely think the club would’ve gone to the great football graveyard in the sky?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 45
headingly_mariner
May 19, 2021, 10:52am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
I imagine his legal team will be racking up the overtime reading that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 45
Iknowyoursecret
May 19, 2021, 11:54am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -34
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from headingly_mariner
I imagine his legal team will be racking up the overtime reading that.

Won’t be able to afford a legal team when the tax lady gets him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Fenty Years: Part One

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.