Rick12
May 16, 2021, 6:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from carrot top
Great to see supporters in the stadium with emotion flowing.
Yes it was great to see.Just hope this Indian variant of the Covid virus doesnt slow things down to much on the path to  normality. Fed up now of this pandemic.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 41
aldi_01
May 16, 2021, 6:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I though the celebration for the goal was the best bit...the silly rules regarding masks/social distancing and the likes went out the window and rightfully so...limbs galore. Proper celebration...

I didn’t think it was too bad for a game, seen worse, always good when someone different wins it. Chelsea will be gutted but when Tuchel out thinks Pep in a fortnight I’m sure losing the cup final won’t be so bad...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 41
Rick12
May 16, 2021, 6:58am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
Chelsea will be gutted but when Tuchel out thinks Pep in a fortnight I’m sure losing the cup final won’t be so bad...
Cannot wait for that game. I still fancy Manchester City to do it though. Its nice to see English talent coming through though at Chelsea and Man City. For me England's best player is probably between Mason Mount and Raheem Sterling with Sterling possibly edging it ?.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 41
aldi_01
May 16, 2021, 7:03am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Rick12
Cannot wait for that game. I still fancy Manchester City to do it though. Its nice to see English talent coming through though at Chelsea and Man City. For me England's best player is probably between Mason Mount and Raheem Sterling with Sterling possibly edging it ?.

It’s interesting isn’t it? Whilst those two clubs have undoubtedly spent millions and had the success, arguably Chelsea with more success than City, their best players this year are from their own youth systems...

I appreciate Sterling is an exceptional player and was brought in for crazy cash, but when you look at Foden and Mount it’s hard not to get excited...the talent they both have is beyond logic...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 41
Rick12
May 16, 2021, 7:19am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

I appreciate Sterling is an exceptional player and was brought in for crazy cash, but when you look at Foden and Mount it’s hard not to get excited...the talent they both have is beyond logic...
On Phil Foden I remember Guardiola saying that he is the most talented young player he has worked with. What I love about Sterling though is his ability and directness when taking players on. Likewise comes across as a nice person which helps.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 41
Abdul19
May 16, 2021, 7:43am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,514
Gold Stars: 215
The owner having to be dragged onto the pitch by Schmeichel and then clearly being loved by all the squad reminded me of 2016  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 41
Les Brechin
May 16, 2021, 8:28am

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,690
Gold Stars: 174
It's just another game now though, played on the same day as league games.

Call me nostalgic but it used to be the game everyone looked forward too AFTER the season had finished.

It was an all-day thing on the TV too, with Cup Final Question of Sport, reporters at the team hotels, the bus ride to the stadium, interviews with famous fans etc etc.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 41
Abdul19
May 16, 2021, 8:58am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,514
Gold Stars: 215
Fact* of the day: it always used to be the same day as league games, it was only when it started to be shown on tv that chairmen asked for it to be put back to the end of the season, so it didn't effect their crowds.

*think I read that once

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 41
moosey_club
May 16, 2021, 10:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,201
Gold Stars: 224
I am sure I saw a sad looking John Terry scuttle off in full kit in one crowd scene..

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 41
forza ivano
May 16, 2021, 10:25am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from aldi_01

It’s interesting isn’t it? Whilst those two clubs have undoubtedly spent millions and had the success, arguably Chelsea with more success than City, their best players this year are from their own youth systems...

you haven't mentioned the most talented of them all - Jordan Sancho. Good article in the Times yesterday.
Fact of the day (2) in the past 3 seasons only Messi Lewandowski, Ronaldo, Immobile, Benzema & Salah have been involved in more goals. on assists alone only Muller and Messi better him.
16 goals and 18 assists in 36 games is pretty good going by anyone's standards

ps was good to see Leicester win for all the reasons previously mentioned, but there were also some really good stories in there.
Vardy became the first player ever (in 150 years of competition) to have played in every round of the competition, from Extra preliminary round to the final
what a send off for Wes morgan, if it is to be his last game for them
Scmeichel 10 years. Morgan 9 years, Vardy 9 years, Albrighton 7 years - you don't usually get that length of service with 1 club
a 19 year old who has come all the way through the ranks
Fofana - who had his own thread on here a few days ago
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FA Cup final

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.