KingstonMariner
May 15, 2021, 5:04pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Very brave but still the right thing to do surely ?

It’s the right thing, but when his family’s livelihood is at stake I wouldn’t blame anyone for not calling it out.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 33
HertsGTFC
May 15, 2021, 5:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Off the pitch Macca’s a decent bloke who’s probably as close to the old style player living in the community as you’d get these days. He gets what this club means to us all and respects that.

On the pitch despite dips in form over the years he’s worked hard and improved his game and is good enough to be 1st choice to help take us back up.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 33
aldi_01
May 16, 2021, 7:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Macca is one of those players that could be instrumental in creating that bond we saw last time Hurst was here. Couple that with a shared vision by the new owners and it could be a great success.

He no doubt believes he first choice but equally I’d imagine, deep down he knows Hurst may well being in another Eastwood type, this only enhances the side.

From the video I get the distinct impression that whilst he wanted to be captain he was placed in a very tricky position that was probably very alien to him and he couldn’t necessarily deal with it or grasp what to do. I understand why he didn’t go to the owner/manager and out his head above the parapet because in truth, like many, he was probably worried about the long term effects financially so the deals presented were better than nothing I guess.

He’s clever not to name names but we all know who he means but when you listen it sounds like we were operating like a Sunday league team with an over excited idiot as manager and a tight-fisted backwards looking despot as owner.

Some of the lads who’d been at town for a while must have just been looking around in bewilderment...

What the video does show is a man who does care, who is connected and does want to succeed, not just for him but for everyone...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 33
Theimperialcoroner
May 16, 2021, 9:20am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 102
That’s how you own your own excrement and understand what needs to be different.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › McKeown Video

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.