4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
RichMariner
May 14, 2021, 4:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,134
Gold Stars: 209
Curious how no one mentions the previous manager by name in any interview, despite it being very clear who they're talking about.

Ian Holloway wasn't here for the football. He believed (and still believes) in his own hype, and we were guilty of that too, until the picture became very clear. Listening to the people who play the game, and the fans who have watched his teams over recent seasons, Holloway isn't some sort of tactical genius.

He's an idiot — and a dangerous one at that. An idiot capable of ruining careers.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 10 - 33
Azimuth
May 14, 2021, 5:30pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +691
Gold Stars: 60
Good interview, very open and honest about himself and the club.
Lets see another one for comparison in 12 months from now!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 33
Limerick Mariner
May 14, 2021, 5:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,664
Gold Stars: 136
Every time he's in front of the camera you want to listen to him. He has another great talent there - he will do well after he has finished playing...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 33
Northbank Mariner
May 14, 2021, 6:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
I once, from the pontoon, shouted "I love you James" to which he turned round and gave me a knowing grin....now I know why I love him, he's got our club at heart and cut the bloke in half he'd be black n white like a stick of mint Cleethorpes rock!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 33
aldi_01
May 14, 2021, 6:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Whatever anyone’s criticism of Macca its impossible to argue that he doesn’t care.

This club means something to him. He’s had the balderdash to admit he’s made mistakes and that players take responsibility. It’s flipping terrifying just what sort of mess the club was in though.

Ian Holloway shouldn’t be near a football club ever again.

Interesting he name checks the buzz OP created, ya know, that thing that wasn’t important or didn’t impact anything...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 33
KingstonMariner
May 14, 2021, 6:51pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
A leader’s interview.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 33
Vance Warner
May 14, 2021, 10:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,780
Gold Stars: 102
Interesting that Dave Moore wasn’t convinced by the bullsh1t artist in charge. He must have seen some unbelievable things over the last ten years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 33
Theimperialcoroner
May 15, 2021, 7:58am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,141
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Vance Warner
Interesting that Dave Moore wasn’t convinced by the bullsh1t artist in charge. He must have seen some unbelievable things over the last ten years.

Imagine the side eye coming in from Dave Moore. It would have sliced through Holloway every time.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 33
fishboyUTM
May 15, 2021, 11:13am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,070
Gold Stars: 40
What a brilliant bloke, nothing new there. We knew that anyway. He really should be looking to get away to a club that plays in a proper league. I think he would have suitors in league one and at 31 he is in his prime. He needs to make as much money as possible for the next 3/4 years. Our club has let him down by cutting corners, Holloway let him down by asking him to play like an outfield player and play from the back when it doesn't suit him. Anyway, I think he's going to stay and I've no doubt he will be the best keeper at that God awful level.

Only thing I disagree with him is the FA Trophy, I remember the players were all for it last time when the fans couldn't care less. In fact, it was a distraction as the NL moved games and the replays caused a fixture pile up. I was personally embarassed to be in the two FA Trophy finals, we lost both and I couldn't care less in all honesty. We should be a hundred percent focussed on winning that division. Returning to the FL is absolutely everything.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 33
sutton mariner
May 15, 2021, 11:17am
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +52 / -6
Approval: +1,135
Gold Stars: 49
He’s our modern day cult hero.

I Make Movies #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › McKeown Video

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.