dapperz fun pub
May 15, 2021, 6:57pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,910
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from arryarryarry

The lad obviously has earned his promotion to the 1st team squad and I hope he turns out to be a great player for us but the last few games he played I thought he looked a bit out of his depth.

Out of his depth … compared to some of the excrement who played for us last season I thought he looked world class at times
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 118
DB
May 15, 2021, 7:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,002
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Out of his depth … compared to some of the excrement who played for us last season I thought he looked world class at times

I thought he looked decent at times and could do better at other times, but not world class.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 118
immariner
May 15, 2021, 7:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,406
Gold Stars: 60
He played out of position in a team that was a solid league 2 team by the end and didn't look out of place, looked tidy with decent technique. I've been rinsed on the ol' red crosses but I think he could end up making us money. Not sure there's any other player in the squad we can say that about. I just hope he signs and continues to progress.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 118
forza ivano
May 16, 2021, 10:06am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,147
Gold Stars: 265
i tend more to arry's pov. thought he was ok, much better defensively than offensively, as he doesn't seem to have much pace or trickery.
just wonder whether Hurst sees him as a potential left back
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 118
moosey_club
May 16, 2021, 10:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,239
Gold Stars: 226
Regards William's.....whilst admittedly I have not been his biggest fan I would rather keep him than Spokes......ideally keep neither in all honesty. But William's can control and run with a ball and showed some good dribbling at times...not seen that in Spokes.
Possibly wages, possibly attitude at training and  work rate weighing against him as part of the reason he has been frozen out.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 118
Garth
May 16, 2021, 10:25am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
As a Welsh international, probably thought he was below his leval
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 118
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 16, 2021, 1:12pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from immariner
The only player I'm really bothered about us retaining is Khouri. Not wanting to go overboard but in that run of games he showed enough to make me think he's going to be a bit of a find. I hope we haven't gone down the usual route of 1 year contract for a first year professional as I think we risk losing him. I'd go 3 years with an extra year option. Genuinely.

Adrenaline gets lads through their first few games and then they often struggle especially if the team is struggling as he did.  But he has one great advantage, he’s genuinely left sided.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 118
diehardmariner
May 17, 2021, 10:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,520
Gold Stars: 536
When I saw Khouri for both the youth and reserves he was a central midfielder.  A combative playerwho sat and protected the defence who recycled the ball relatively well to others.

I don't know if he's been developed into a left sided player but it was a surprise to see him in that role.  Wingback is a bloody hard position to play, even for an experienced player never mind when making your first real run in the team.

There were times when he struggled a bit but for his first run in the team, in a tough position and possibly out of position I think he did fairly well.  Any little dip could perhaps be put down to tired legs too.  Definitely one who's worth a contract and seeing how he develops.  
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 118
toontown
May 17, 2021, 1:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,263
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from diehardmariner
When I saw Khouri for both the youth and reserves he was a central midfielder.  A combative playerwho sat and protected the defence who recycled the ball relatively well to others.

I don't know if he's been developed into a left sided player but it was a surprise to see him in that role.  Wingback is a bloody hard position to play, even for an experienced player never mind when making your first real run in the team.

There were times when he struggled a bit but for his first run in the team, in a tough position and possibly out of position I think he did fairly well.  Any little dip could perhaps be put down to tired legs too.  Definitely one who's worth a contract and seeing how he develops.  

That really puts into context how little Hurst rates certain players that he was in the team ahead of them, playing out of position, and is only a YT.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 118
12 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Retained List Announced

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.