May 12, 2021, 2:47pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,764
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from MaccasBoots
No complaints with that for me. Question now is what happens to those players still under contract that Hurst doesn't seem to be a fan of? Frozen out and hope they leave? Offered mutual termination with a reduced pay out? Given a chance in the squad? Will be interesting to see.

In his interview after Cambridge he heavily inferred the budget he's been given means he can afford to freeze them all out, and he'd been very clear with those players that would be the case if they chose to stay.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 118
FishFan101
May 12, 2021, 2:50pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +160
Gold Stars: 2
Did we have relegation clauses in the contracts of any of the players still under contract? Sorry if already been covered

Once a Mariner, Always a Mariner <*//////><
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 118
Southwark Mariner
May 12, 2021, 2:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,545
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Chrisblor

In his interview after Cambridge he heavily inferred the budget he's been given means he can afford to freeze them all out, and he'd been very clear with those players that would be the case if they chose to stay.

That's the impression I got too. Let your career end here, or do something about it and leave.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 118
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
May 12, 2021, 2:51pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +827
Gold Stars: 117
For those who haven't seen the list

Players not offered new terms

James Hanson

Matt Green

Stefan Payne

Sam Habergham

Joe Bunney

Ludvig Öhman

Julien Lamy

Alhagi Touray Sisay

Cameron Painter

Jock Curran

Still under contract:

James McKeown

Danny Rose

Luke Waterfall

George Williams

Sean Scannell

Montel Gibson

Ira Jackson Jr

Filipe Morais

Max Wright

Lenell John-Lewis

Joe Starbuck

Duncan Idehen

Offered new terms

Luke Hendrie

Elliott Hewitt

Giles Coke

Options taken up

Ollie Battersby

Mattie Pollock

Harry Clifton

Luke Spokes

Offered professional deals

Luis Adlard

Evan Khouri

Jaz Goundry

Returning to parent club after loan

Jay Matete

Rollin Menayese

Kyle Bennett

Jake Eastwood
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 118
HertsGTFC
May 12, 2021, 2:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,884
Gold Stars: 227
Works for me, I’d like to see the 3 senior players offered deals sign but imagine Coke will be the only one who’s likely to commit.

As many posters have said already it’s how Hurst can with trim or get a tune out of the ones left and add relative quality that matters most.

I don’t expect to see much movement or activity for a bit now until the deals all expire on what is it June 30th?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 118
toontown
May 12, 2021, 2:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Somewhat surprised to see we took up the option on spokes, he looks some way off being even 3rd choice at NL level to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 118
BenBB
May 12, 2021, 2:56pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +843
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from 123614
Don't look like we have many acceptable strikers left in the squad.

We didn’t have any acceptable strikers in the squad

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 118
forza ivano
May 12, 2021, 2:57pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,132
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Madeleymariner
With those under contract and offered deals its already a squad of 22 so he will need to offload a few contracted players if those that were offered contracts sign.

no he doesn't - he made that crystal clear in the post Cambridge interview. As someone said we could even furlough them for the next couple of months and then let them train with the youth
Since people like Gibson, Williams & Rose will be travelling long distances to work it's not going to be a very attractive proposition

Frightening that 6 of those 12 under contract are not wanted and 4 of those 12 will be amongst the highest earners. Thanks Holloway/Fenty

i'd be gobsmacked if Skinflint Fenty hadn't included relegation clauses alongside his infamous Covid clauses. The chance to save a few thousand pounds would have ensured that!
Anyone know what the magnitude of these clauses are usually? i.e. are wages cut in half, or just reduced by 10%?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 118
Poojah
May 12, 2021, 2:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,426
Gold Stars: 1,499
No great surprises there, and realistically still another four or five to get shut of by hook or by crook. What underlines the challenge ahead for me though is that if you go back in time to the 15/16 Conference season and select your best 15 from that bunch, there won't be many names you'd swap out.

McKeown
Tait
Gowling
Pearson
Nsiala
Townsend
Robertson
Disley
Clay
Nolan
Arnold
Monkhouse
Amond
Bogle
Pittman

You can make an argument for LJL for Pittman, and I know some wouldn't have Monkhouse in there at all, but when you consider this lot only just got us over the line I think it becomes clear we have a hill to climb next season.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 118
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
May 12, 2021, 2:59pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +827
Gold Stars: 117
So Ohman was still contracted after all. Yet another lie from Holloway.

Of those still contracted, there is nothing to stop Hurst putting those that he really doesn't want on the transfer list, for a minimal fee, to put there names out there, which would save the club having to pay them off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 118
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Retained List Announced

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.