4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
May 12, 2021, 6:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.54
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,879
Gold Stars: 383
At the end of the day (no pun intended) Hurst is the man who Jason and Andrew have put millions of pounds of trust in. They have spoken to him in detail about his thought wishes and desires for the club, whereas we haven't.

To me, if Hurst is good enough for them, he's more than good enough for me.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 34
rancido
May 12, 2021, 10:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 91

Probably not phase the 2p out but reduce its size to between the 5p and 1p.

The........Beatles........have.........broken.......up?!

You could have broken it me differently. Next you'll be telling me that Spike Jones and his City Slickers are no more too

I actually have a Spike Jones and The City Slickers cd!!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 34
ginnywings
May 12, 2021, 11:37pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Since Hurst left in 2016, we've been a shambles on the pitch, so there's that...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 34
mariner83
May 13, 2021, 7:01am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
I was disappointed when he left first time round.   Very happy to have him back - for me it was also a positive sign that the takeover was actually going ahead, as I can't imagine PH would've been happy to work for Fenty long term.

I know it's all ifs buts and maybes, but I think if he'd had a few extra games this season we'd have avoided the drop.  It's a shame it took us so long to improve initially.

One thing that impressed me first time round was how he wouldn't tolerate people who weren't bothered, we might not have always had the most talented of players but for the most part they played their hearts out for GTFC.  It felt very much like there was a great team spirit.  

Really hope he's the right man for the job, but as we know NL is a difficult league to get out of.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 23 - 34
Rick12
May 14, 2021, 10:52am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Hagrid

I Like him, i like his attitude work ethic, and never wanted him to leave
Hurst is ok but the ones I like are those behind the scenes  Dave Moore and Neil Woods. Lovely people who are credit to Grimsby Town football club.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 34
barrattstandman
May 14, 2021, 11:08am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Grimsby2012
Well... Firstly I want to state that this post isn't directed towards wether or not Hurst is the right man for the job, but more towards a consensus of peoples opinions on him taking us forward.

I was one of the fans who was sad to see hurst leave as I was always
Under the impression that he was the right man for the job, and had doubts whether anyone could do any better than him.

However, he is now back and wonder what peoples thoughts are on this as some of you will no doubt be glad he left the first time round.

Those who criticise Hurst are indirectly criticising our new owners for they appointed him . The same way that Fenty got stick for his appointments .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 34
Humbercod
May 14, 2021, 11:23am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,492
Gold Stars: 82
Wasn’t over the moon over his appointment as I thought his negative approach would be detrimental to a team struggling near the bottom of the table. However I hoped that I would be proved wrong and that he’d achieve his main objective in keeping us in the league. Not only has he failed he’s also failed to accept any responsibility! unless I’ve missed it?

I can see why the majority on here would want to keep him for next season and I will support this view going forward, he knows the league and what kind of players will be needed, but at the same time considering a full pre-season and a top end budget he shouldn’t get another free pass. Playoffs are the absolute minimum.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 34
grimsby pete
May 14, 2021, 11:32am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Never sure about him last time but had to admit he got us up with a very good team . It was not his fault we lost the majority of the team when we got back into the league.

This time I expect he will get us back within 2 years because he will have a board backing him all the way.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 34
MuddyWaters
May 14, 2021, 11:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from grimsby pete
Never sure about him last time but had to admit he got us up with a very good team . It was not his fault we lost the majority of the team when we got back into the league.

This time I expect he will get us back within 2 years because he will have a board backing him all the way.

Nice to see you posting again Pete - hope you're feeling better!
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 34
fishcake63
May 14, 2021, 12:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.52
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,235
Gold Stars: 62
Still think he's got away lightly after playing a massive part in our relegation , took very little responsibility as well forever harping on about holloways players when his haven't been a total success , lamy payne adams habergham bunney etc , but i'm willing to give him 20 games upto xmas if not in amongst then it's a cheereriiiiooo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst... What are your thoughts

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.