Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Let the rumours begin ..
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 379 Guests

Let the rumours begin ..

This thread currently has 39,791 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
May 11, 2021, 8:57pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +787
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from essexexile
I’m certain it was reported on here it was coming out today...........

And therein lies the problem.

Paul Hurst said it would be this week but didn't give a day. It seems the media and the pure expectation of the amassing hype has produced a date as early as today.

With the numbers of players he has to break the news to, and then comfort them when they break down, and the sort out ongoing support..........

.......he may release the list by June
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 171
GollyGTFC
May 11, 2021, 9:07pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
I wonder if Ludwig Ohman's name is on the list?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 61 - 171
Davec
May 11, 2021, 9:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42

And therein lies the problem.

Paul Hurst said it would be this week but didn't give a day. It seems the media and the pure expectation of the amassing hype has produced a date as early as today.

With the numbers of players he has to break the news to, and then comfort them when they break down, and the sort out ongoing support..........

.......he may release the list by June

He's telling them they won't be being offered new contracts, he's not telling them a relative has died. Surely none of the players will break down in tears? Of course it's never easy to have those conversations but every player has been through it before.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 171
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
May 11, 2021, 9:18pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +787
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Davec

He's telling them they won't be being offered new contracts, he's not telling them a relative has died. Surely none of the players will break down in tears? Of course it's never easy to have those conversations but every player has been through it before.

It was meant as tongue in cheek not as an exact replication of how it works behind the scenes. I was trying to say it may take longer than everyone was expecting
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 171
Sigone
May 11, 2021, 10:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,608
Gold Stars: 5
My understanding is that P.H said he will have told the players by Tuesday and we would find out sometime after that...that doesn't mean we find out on Tuesday, could be tomorrow could be next week..what's the rush..season ticket prices and when they go on sale is more important to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 171
rancido
May 11, 2021, 10:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,447
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from Davec

You obviously don't do humour.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 171
HertsGTFC
May 12, 2021, 7:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
I think we’re all over expecting what this “retained list” will look like but at this stage you’ll get...

- Out of contract no new terms offered.
- Out of contract considering an offer/options.

I’d be surprised if we get....

- Complete misfit/donkey given cash to do one, at this stage anyway but I’m sure ultimately we’ll see people drift off.

I think it would be good if Hurst could cut away all the dead wood in one go but doubt that’s possible this week.

Let’s see though.....

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 171
Rodley Mariner
May 12, 2021, 8:13am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
They might want as much done as possible before releasing it. I suspect everyone out of contract who won't be getting another one will know. But maybe they're very close to agreeing a deal to pay off Rose or Williams and are just hanging on. Scannell is the question mark for me as he figured in the last couple of squads whilst others were out of the picture.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 171
goldenfish
May 12, 2021, 8:48am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +212
Gold Stars: 16
None of them can look a fan , the manager , chairman in the eye and tell them they deserve a new contract ... think the surprises will be with who’s kept over who goes ..  the ones that do , need one hell of a season to win my trust and respect back
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 171
KingstonMariner
May 12, 2021, 9:05am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Bit harsh Goldenfish. You can’t tar all the squad with the same brush.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 171
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Let the rumours begin ..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.