Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Let the rumours begin ..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 376 Guests

Let the rumours begin ..

This thread currently has 39,949 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
May 10, 2021, 8:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,474
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from ginnywings
Why do so many rumours involve ex players?

Because your average lower league football fan, myself included, knows relatively little about the pool of players around the fourth and fifth tiers of English football. It’s hard to speculate about someone you’ve never heard of in your life.

One thing that’s always impressed me about Hurst is his knowledge of players around this level. At times that can come across as overthinking about the opposition, but it does at the very least show that he does his homework.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 171
barrattstandman
May 10, 2021, 9:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +477
Gold Stars: 17
You only have to look at the GTFC ex players thread  .........321 pages of it . Obsessed or what ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 171
forza ivano
May 10, 2021, 10:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,165
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from ginnywings
Why do so many rumours involve ex players?

tbf Zak Mills is slightly different, having been with Hurst at Boston, when he was a youth player and was subsequently signed by Hurst for us. If he hadn't had that season with us , you'd think it was a possible, given he's previously lived in the region and has been a solid right back at League 2 level.
Interesting that he had been a regular for Vale until he got injured - he's the sort of player that Hurst has gone for in the past - is obviously a solid League 2 player, who's suffered from injury. Weren't Tait, Robertson, Magnay and Andrew of similar ilk?
certainly wouldn't be unhappy if Hendrie left and he was the replacement.
I'll sling 3 names in - Abu Ogogo - real midfield leader at Bristol Rovers who he had as his captain at Shrewsbury
i wouldn't be surprised to see Alex Rodman pitch up from the Gasheads
And just 1 wild card. Abu Eisa's contract at Scunny is nearly up. If they are cutting costs, then could he be tempted by returning to play for Hurst just down the road,with a half decent contract?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 171
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
May 10, 2021, 10:03pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +837
Gold Stars: 117
Here's a list of all League 2 players whose contract ends in June. There's some bluddy good players in there

https://www.transfermarkt.co.u.....nd_id=0&yt0=Show

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 171
forza ivano
May 10, 2021, 10:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,165
Gold Stars: 265
rumour is that Green went today as well.

Hearing there might be some changes and departures behind the scenes as well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 171
KingstonMariner
May 10, 2021, 10:43pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from forza ivano

Have you cross-checked your rumour against an A1 source? Like Fills Notches.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 171
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
May 10, 2021, 10:51pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +837
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from forza ivano

Let's hope one of them is the fitness coach that Ollie said was the best he had ever worked with. I don't think we have ever had so many injuries in a season. I also think Ben Davies has had no real influence on players either
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 171
rancido
May 10, 2021, 11:12pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96

Let's hope one of them is the fitness coach that Ollie said was the best he had ever worked with. I don't think we have ever had so many injuries in a season. I also think Ben Davies has had no real influence on players either

Didn’t Hollowhead also say this was the best run club he had worked at! If that guy walked in a room, soaking wet and said it was raining outside I would still look out the window to check. As the American Indians used to say in the old Western films " white man speak with forked tongue".

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 171
nightrider
May 10, 2021, 11:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10

Agree. Yes man. Good at carrying the clipboard though

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 171
Jarmo.Is.God
May 11, 2021, 8:21am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from forza ivano

tbf Zak Mills is slightly different, having been with Hurst at Boston, when he was a youth player and was subsequently signed by Hurst for us. If he hadn't had that season with us , you'd think it was a possible, given he's previously lived in the region and has been a solid right back at League 2 level.
Interesting that he had been a regular for Vale until he got injured - he's the sort of player that Hurst has gone for in the past - is obviously a solid League 2 player, who's suffered from injury. Weren't Tait, Robertson, Magnay and Andrew of similar ilk?
certainly wouldn't be unhappy if Hendrie left and he was the replacement.
I'll sling 3 names in - Abu Ogogo - real midfield leader at Bristol Rovers who he had as his captain at Shrewsbury
i wouldn't be surprised to see Alex Rodman pitch up from the Gasheads
And just 1 wild card. Abu Eisa's contract at Scunny is nearly up. If they are cutting costs, then could he be tempted by returning to play for Hurst just down the road,with a half decent contract?

I liked Mills, was a typical solid RB without being spectacular.

The problem at RB for me, is we've never replaced Tait, who was far too good for non-league anyway
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 171
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Let the rumours begin ..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.