2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
MarshMariner
May 9, 2021, 12:40pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 2
What about the Club looking into a mobile app for fans, were purchases on an approved debit card are rounded up and the difference goes to the club, could only be a few pence, but each purchase adds up.

In return the Club offers special discounts and experiences to fans...

Appreciate this maybe challenging to setup.

AFC Wimbledon looked at another approach for funding their stadium - Plough Lane Bond..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
TownSNAFU5
May 9, 2021, 1:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
I pay towards the Club Gold Bond Lottery each month.  I also do the Trust 200 Club each month.

I have had numerous wins, which are paid directly into your bank automatically.  You don’t even have tell your wife that you have run.  

Each to your own.  The Trust 200 Club Lottery is a good start.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
immariner
May 9, 2021, 1:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,387
Gold Stars: 59
I like the idea of a regular monthly direct debit for non-season ticket holders. Pretty sure Barnet do/did something similar. I think it was something like £30 a month and it entitled you to a ticket for every home league game and priority for away tickets after season ticket holders (not that that was an issue for Barnet fans). £360 a year to the club regardless of how many games you make.

I would love to see Jason and Andrew make junior tickets as cheap as possible. If the club could find a way to perhaps use this scheme to help subsidise junior tickets, to attract the fans of the future, I'd be all for that. The club is competing against Xbox, Netflix,.Sky Sports and a excrement load of other things. We need to do everything we can to get kids hooked. Winning football helps, regardless of level, and we should hopefully be seeing many more Ws than we have seen these last 5 years. Cheap tickets and a winning team (hopefully) equals a new army of GTFC fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
Azimuth
May 9, 2021, 4:24pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 58
Results on the pitch and team effort would equal extra contributions 23 times per season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
MuddyWaters
May 9, 2021, 4:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
I’m sure the new owners want bums on seats for starters. Regular gates of 5k or more would soon pay for a better playing squad.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Regular monthly contributions to GTFC

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.