Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hanson to Harrogate & Green gone?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 325 Guests

Hanson to Harrogate & Green gone?

This thread currently has 9,697 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
wigworld
May 8, 2021, 11:57pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,073
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from bawarmy

Thought he was garbage this season. Amazing a League club wants to gamble on someone so injury prone. I’d wish him luck but he was one of the reasons we went down this year so good riddance .2k a week for that? Red Cross all you like. I’m right.

I'm not disputing it, but where do these figures come from? I often see them thrown around on here. Just curious.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 52
sam gy
May 9, 2021, 12:05am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,387
Gold Stars: 53
Football Manager, I think

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 52
Mayaman
May 9, 2021, 1:06am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,259
Gold Stars: 71
Hanson was maybe good in his day but now he's too injury prone. In addition, we also become too predictable when he's playing and try to get it to the big man.  The opposition put two defenders on him and he's toast. As for Matt Green, I'll miss his prolific goal scoring.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 52
KingstonMariner
May 9, 2021, 1:11am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Mayaman
Hanson was maybe good in his day but now he's too injury prone. In addition, we also become too predictable when he's playing and try to get it to the big man.  The opposition put two defenders on him and he's toast. As for Matt Green, I'll miss his prolific goal scoring.

If they do then that’s one less to mark another striker. Obviously part our problem has been not having an effective striker to accompany him.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 52
Mariner_501
May 9, 2021, 2:41am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +161
Gold Stars: 27
Surely none of them two players get a league 2 club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 52
lukeo
May 9, 2021, 7:16am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
No offence but aslong as they're not in a GTFC shirt next season I don't care where they end up. We need better to challenge for promotion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 52
ginnywings
May 9, 2021, 9:56am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Think you also have to take into account how bad we have been as a team and a club the last few seasons. The strikers get a lot of the flak for not scoring goals, but chance creation is virtually zero in a team as bad as we have been. Many a player has come here to die, mostly for good as a footballer because we usually acquire them that the ar$e end of their career, and you can't blame them for trying to keep earning a living as a footballer.

But there are other, younger players who have come here and been castigated as utter sh1te, only to go on and flourish at other clubs. This club has been a graveyard to players, who have had pretty decent careers elsewhere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 52
moosey_club
May 9, 2021, 10:08am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from ginnywings
Think you also have to take into account how bad we have been as a team and a club the last few seasons. The strikers get a lot of the flak for not scoring goals, but chance creation is virtually zero in a team as bad as we have been. Many a player has come here to die, mostly for good as a footballer because we usually acquire them that the ar$e end of their career, and you can't blame them for trying to keep earning a living as a footballer.

But there are other, younger players who have come here and been castigated as utter sh1te, only to go on and flourish at other clubs. This club has been a graveyard to players, who have had pretty decent careers elsewhere.

Spot on regards the strikers chances, certainly in Hansons case as he is a far post headed finish type of striker. Harrogate have or had  that Beck fella dont they and Stead so they are already used to utilising that type of player,  I think Hanson would be a decent fit for them as the service is already established.
We gambled on Hanson being the big threat for the team but hardly gave him a cross.
Green....just 3-4 seasons  past his best really....not his fault....clubs lack of due diligence again I would think.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 52
HertsGTFC
May 9, 2021, 10:11am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Other than a bad run of injuries on his day Hanson is a handful with the right supply, something he hardly benefitted from in his time with Town.

We wouldn’t want to carry someone like that if we’re serious about getting back into the EFL at the earliest opportunity.

I don’t wish any of the departing players anything but good luck with the rest of their professional careers, a few of them will need it.

I wonder if the new owners will be smart enough to prevent players salaries from becoming common knowledge or is it just the figures thrown around for the likes of Hanson or Green are just Facebook myths? I suspect so.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 52
moosey_club
May 9, 2021, 10:29am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Other than a bad run of injuries on his day Hanson is a handful with the right supply, something he hardly benefitted from in his time with Town.

We wouldn’t want to carry someone like that if we’re serious about getting back into the EFL at the earliest opportunity.

I don’t wish any of the departing players anything but good luck with the rest of their professional careers, a few of them will need it.

I wonder if the new owners will be smart enough to prevent players salaries from becoming common knowledge or is it just the figures thrown around for the likes of Hanson or Green are just Facebook myths? I suspect so.

Arent the salaries published in the accounts ? Not by name but indicated as a figure, and you can kind of work out that the most senior/ profiled player would be one of the top ones?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hanson to Harrogate & Green gone?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.