Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Worst season ever following Town?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 180 Guests

Worst season ever following Town?

This thread currently has 2,841 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
May 9, 2021, 9:27am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Watching us being sh1t at a live game is bad enough, because at least you have other distractions; boats to watch, people to talk to, going for some refreshments etc. It's a shared despair.

When you watch at home on your own in isolation, it's really depressing watching the team slide to relegation in an empty stadium and being regularly beaten by teams that aren't that good.

The drawn out Fenty saga, the barely adequate budget, the signing of low standard players, the playing out from the back, the Holloway ramblings, the May saga, the covid situation, etc etc, has made this the most bizarre season in memory, but somehow I don't feel as gutted as 2010. I feel detached from it all, but I suppose the reality will hit when we are back and the fixtures include Kings Lynn and Eastleigh.

I'm really hoping that the years of misery and gloom around the place are lifted by the new owners coming in, and we get to connect back to the club and the team. We need a season of being at the top end of the table, albeit non league, and I'm praying for a decent cup run to bring a bit of excitement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 29
GTFC_85
May 9, 2021, 10:32am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +233
Gold Stars: 3
I often wonder if our fans were in the ground this year. Some of the players this season would have nowhere to bloody hide after some performances.

We had too many Peter Sweeney's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 29
GYinScuntland
May 9, 2021, 10:58am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,210
Gold Stars: 97
Definitely the worst as not been able to go to a single game which is what it's all about.
I honestly think it's going to be the same next season too and we'll be having this conversation same time next year.
I can see the National league crumbling, going bust and leaving us in limbo.
I'm not really a pessimist, more a realist and don't consider my glass half empty either because if it's half empty someone can always top it up for you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 29
KingstonMariner
May 9, 2021, 11:16am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from MuddyWaters
In general, yes, but in terms of where we’re at in terms of the future, it’s a whole lot better than it might have been. Imagine facing the NL with you know who still in the building.

If we were in the NL with you know who in charge it would be like those Checkatrade games all the time.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 29
marinerdazza
May 9, 2021, 11:50am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,593
Gold Stars: 80
Without a doubt this was the worst season for me. Covid meant that Saturday afternoon was the only piece of normality and often the only thing that marked the weeks passing. As a result, there was so much riding on it already. Then came the actual football. I don’t think I’ve ever been angrier than the last minute goals at home to Stevenage and away at Carlisle. And that’s in 40 years of watching them.

People really needed the club this year and they weren’t there. Supporting them made it worse, sometimes unbearable.  

Anyway, onwards. UTM.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 29
Abdul19
May 9, 2021, 12:31pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
I think 03/04 and 09/10 were worse, basically just felt detached from this season. A lot of games, particularly early in the season, I just turned off and forgot about.

I can still remember Jon Thorrington and Wes Fletcher, but by August I'll have completely forgotten Sean Scannell ever existed.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 29
aldi_01
May 9, 2021, 5:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Abdul19
I think 03/04 and 09/10 were worse, basically just felt detached from this season. A lot of games, particularly early in the season, I just turned off and forgot about.

I can still remember Jon Thorrington and Wes Fletcher, but by August I'll have completely forgotten Sean Scannell ever existed.

Who?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 29
Sweden
May 9, 2021, 5:17pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +318
Gold Stars: 8
This. The last match I saw live was against Chelsea. Then I have not been able to travel due to covid restrictions. Boring to just sit and watch the bad football through the computer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 29
Teestogreen
May 9, 2021, 5:31pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -113
Gold Stars: 20
No.
Hope returned around Christmas at return of PH and with one game to go - new owners confirmed.
The future is bright.
UTM

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 29
wigworld
May 9, 2021, 5:47pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,073
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from GTFC_85
I often wonder if our fans were in the ground this year. Some of the players this season would have nowhere to bloody hide after some performances.

I think Runaway would have packed his bags sooner as well, if he'd had to face fans every week.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Worst season ever following Town?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.