McKeown
Battersby (and loan out for season)
Hewitt
Clifton
Spokes
Wright
John-Lewis
Jackson jr.

Contracts have been offered to the following 2nd year YTs...

Goundry
Khouri
Adlard

The following contracted players should be offloaded...

Waterfall
Rose
Williams
Scannell
Gibson

Pollock - if we have an option for another year we should take it and look to flog him with a good sell-on clause.

The rest can leave. Maybe harsh on the Hendrie, Habergham & Coke, but we need to be attracting much better quality players.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 81
bax
May 8, 2021, 11:38am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30

I wonder who will be in charge of players’ contracts? It seemed like Fenty decided that but the impression I have now from the new owners is that Hurst will handle all aspects of transfers.

Isn't that why the new owners have brought in Mark Palmer?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 81
forza ivano
May 8, 2021, 11:50am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,142
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from bax

Isn't that why the new owners have brought in Mark Palmer?

that was a question that never got asked on the podcast Bax.
they certainly have only mentioned in Palmer in relation to footballing matters & 'helping Paul'. i took it that he was doing a root and branch review/audit of everything on the playing side, but i'd be intrigued to know the answer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 81
Hagrid
May 8, 2021, 11:51am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,986
Gold Stars: 508
Quoted from GollyGTFC
I think we'll look to keep.

McKeown
Battersby (and loan out for season)
Hewitt
Clifton
Spokes
Wright
John-Lewis
Jackson jr.

Contracts have been offered to the following 2nd year YTs...

Goundry
Khouri
Adlard

The following contracted players should be offloaded...

Waterfall
Rose
Williams
Scannell
Gibson

Pollock - if we have an option for another year we should take it and look to flog him with a good sell-on clause.

The rest can leave. Maybe harsh on the Hendrie, Habergham & Coke, but we need to be attracting much better quality players.

Agree with all that

But i would certainly be offering Coke something
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 81
ginnywings
May 8, 2021, 12:55pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Someone told me that Hendrie is definitely going as he doesn't like PH.

Could  be true, could be bullsh1t, but it's that time of year folks, when rumours start doing the rounds.

To be perfectly honest, there is not any one player in that squad who I would be overly bothered about losing. A few are definitely worth a contract, but if they don't want to be here, or think they can "better" themselves, then cheerio!

Like Golly, I think there may be only 5 or 6 that escape the cull. Fewer if some of them decide they don't want to be in non league.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 81
moosey_club
May 8, 2021, 1:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from GollyGTFC
I think some people are over estimating how many players Hurst will keep.

I'd say 6 or 7 max of the current squad will be retained.

[quote]The budget is going up. We can afford to shop at Waitrose instead of Netto this summer.

I would be wary of that statement, the budget is bound to go up based on the half priced covid clause approach the club financed last season.
The owners have said the budget will be at the upper end of the division, that's all.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 81
GollyGTFC
May 8, 2021, 1:04pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from moosey_club
[/b]

I would be wary of that statement, the budget is bound to go up based on the half priced covid clause approach the club financed last season.
The owners have said the budget will be at the upper end of the division, that's all.

No, they definitely (100%) said that next season's budget in the NL will be higher than this season's budget.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 81
Mariner_09
May 8, 2021, 1:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from ginnywings

Could  be true, could be bullsh1t, but it's that time of year folks, when rumours start doing the rounds.

To be perfectly honest, there is not any one player in that squad who I would be overly bothered about losing. A few are definitely worth a contract, but if they don't want to be here, or think they can "better" themselves, then cheerio!

Like Golly, I think there may be only 5 or 6 that escape the cull. Fewer if some of them decide they don't want to be in non league.

I agree with the highlighted bit. Other than McKeown, who'd I be disappointed to see leave given he'll probably be the best keeper in that league again next season, I won't be losing any sleep over any of them. We have no chance of keeping Matete for example. Obviously I'd like to keep Harry, Coke, Menayese and Hewitt but none of them are by any means irreplacable.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 81
GollyGTFC
May 8, 2021, 1:05pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from ginnywings

Re: Hendrie

Not looked the same player has he? Worth remembering his best friend was killed in January last year. Hardly surprising he's struggle for consistency. He's only human.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 28 - 81
Hagrid
May 8, 2021, 1:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,986
Gold Stars: 508
Somehow we have to Get rid of Rose, Williams, Scannell, Gibson
How much it’ll cost i dont know but they are a complete waste

If Pollock goes i wouldnt he adverse to Keeping Waterfall
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.