dapperz fun pub
May 8, 2021, 10:29am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from GollyGTFC
I think some people are over estimating how many players Hurst will keep.

I'd say 6 or 7 max of the current squad will be retained.

The budget is going up. We can afford to shop at Waitrose instead of Netto this summer.

I hope your right golly about 6/7 but in that 6/7 I can see some going anyway, we really need a stronger squad to compete
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 81
HertsGTFC
May 8, 2021, 10:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
I would imagine the likes of Hewitt, Pollock,  Menayesse and Hendrie would have had their agents putting them in front of EFL clubs for a while. I’d not expect to see them in a Town shirt again but I would imagine we’ll offer them terms just in case.

I would like to see Clifton and Coke offered deals but anyone else out of contract other than the ones mentioned above can go.

I’d also try and off load Willians, Scannell and Rose, but I doubt they’ll be any takers.

What I’d be certain about is that Hurst will have known who he wants to bring in for a bit, let’s hope he can secure the majority of his targets.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 81
RonMariner
May 8, 2021, 10:50am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,660
Gold Stars: 226
I would not be surprised if he brought in a couple of the Shrewsbury team that got to the L1 play offs. That is the caliber we need. Seasoned pro's with L1 experience.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 81
coddy60
May 8, 2021, 10:52am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +652
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from RonMariner
I would not be surprised if he brought in a couple of the Shrewsbury team that got to the L1 play offs. That is the caliber we need. Seasoned pro's with L1 experience.

Like Payne 🤔😳
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 81
RonMariner
May 8, 2021, 10:56am

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from coddy60

Like Payne 🤔😳

Hopefully not!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 81
forza ivano
May 8, 2021, 11:02am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,165
Gold Stars: 265
have you listened to the pre match interview?
very, very telling little snippet when PH said that he wants to change players perceptions of the football club as a whole, so they are more open to and excited to join us

which means that before (presumably due to Fenty and his/our reputation) they had bad perceptions of the club, they weren't very willing to join and weren't excited about doing so

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 81
RonMariner
May 8, 2021, 11:08am

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano
have you listened to the pre match interview?
very, very telling little snippet when PH said that he wants to change players perceptions of the football club as a whole, so they are more open to and excited to join us

which means that before (presumably due to Fenty and his/our reputation) they had bad perceptions of the club, they weren't very willing to join and weren't excited about doing so

Yes, I am sure the horror stories about how players have been treated have got round. The new owners can start with a clean slate. I am sure we will see far better players arriving this summer despite our NL status.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 81
AndyGTFC
May 8, 2021, 11:10am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
McKeown, Hendrie, Hewitt, Pollock, Habergham, Coke, Clifton, Wright, Khouri, John-Lewis

Would obviously keep Menayese and Matete that's not likely so those would be something to build on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 81
RonMariner
May 8, 2021, 11:12am

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from AndyGTFC
McKeown, Hendrie, Hewitt, Pollock, Habergham, Coke, Clifton, Wright, Khouri, John-Lewis

Would obviously keep Menayese and Matete that's not likely so those 9 would be something to build on.

Maybe Spokes and Jackson Jnr could be retained to see if we can develop them with the right coaching?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 81
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 8, 2021, 11:15am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from RonMariner

Yes, I am sure the horror stories about how players have been treated have got round. The new owners can start with a clean slate. I am sure we will see far better players arriving this summer despite our NL status.  

I wonder who will be in charge of players’ contracts? It seemed like Fenty decided that but the impression I have now from the new owners is that Hurst will handle all aspects of transfers.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Players to keep

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.