Private Message
HertsGTFC
May 7, 2021, 1:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Just done mine, I went for Harry Haddock over Pettit's Sausage of course.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 36
MuddyWaters
May 7, 2021, 2:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Just done mine, I went for Harry Haddock over Pettit's Sausage of course.  

Original recipe Pettit's sausages in a bap at half time smothered in HP please!!
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 36
RonMariner
May 7, 2021, 3:15pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,540
Gold Stars: 224
Yes, Harry the Haddock for me!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 36
DB
May 7, 2021, 3:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,972
Gold Stars: 386
Done mine, fill it in tell them what you want. If you don't how the hell do you expect them to know what you want?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 36
Oly1987
May 7, 2021, 3:57pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,227
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Original recipe Pettit's sausages in a bap at half time smothered in HP please!!

Dang never even though of that, did suggest a small matchday portion of fish and chips to be available to buy though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 36
HertsGTFC
May 7, 2021, 4:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from MuddyWaters

That's a damn good call though.....

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 36
fishyfanny
May 7, 2021, 4:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.91
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,516
Gold Stars: 15
All done.

A very well constructed survey. Please take the time to complete it everyone.

Good luck Jason and Andrew.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 36
Tangerine Chris
May 7, 2021, 4:23pm
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
Quoted from Oly1987

Dang never even though of that, did suggest a small matchday portion of fish and chips to be available to buy though

So did I, with option of fish fingers for kids

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 36
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
May 7, 2021, 4:40pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +827
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Tangerine Chris
......with option of fish fingers for kids

Arent adults allowed fish finger butties as well? Disgraceful behaviour by the owners.

Stockwood and Pettit out!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 36
Fillipe Noche
May 7, 2021, 4:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Completed the survey.

Harry the Haddock all day long for me.

Fish n Chips over the Pettit sausage for me, as I can’t honestly say I’ve eaten a Pettit sausage. But then why not go for both.

Great to see lots of questions about engagement with the community, and I think that’s vital to improving attendances and spirit in the town.

Also interested to see the ladies team question in there. I’ve never been to watch them play. Are they really any good and worth a look?

I’ve got a really great feeling about these new owners, and I hope it ends up being more fruitful than when I last got a good feeling about the club, when Holloway arrived. I am sure it will be.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 36
Perkins
May 7, 2021, 5:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Done, a good survey.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 36
Limerick Mariner
May 7, 2021, 5:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,663
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
Completed the survey.

Fish n Chips over the Pettit sausage for me, as I can’t honestly say I’ve eaten a Pettit sausage. But then why not go for both.

Great to see lots of questions about engagement with the community, and I think that’s vital to improving attendances and spirit in the town.

Also interested to see the ladies team question in there. I’ve never been to watch them play. Are they really any good and worth a look?

I’ve got a really great feeling about these new owners, and I hope it ends up being more fruitful than when I last got a good feeling about the club, when Holloway arrived. I am sure it will be.

I'm not sure about this. Are we confident that the quality of Haddock and Chips (with mushy peas for me) can be maintained from the food outlets that could be accommodated in any Blundell Park fan zone. GTFC cannot be seen to be associated with second-rate Haddock. Whereas locally produced Lincolnshire sausage is easy - grill and keep warm - serve with onion and a wholemeal bap - a fine pre-match snack to go with a pint of Batemans...(I would prefer properly poured Dublin Guinness in a glass but clearly not going to happen in any Blundell Park Fan Zone)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 36
Fillipe Noche
May 7, 2021, 5:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

I'm not sure about this. Are we confident that the quality of Haddock and Chips (with mushy peas for me) can be maintained from the food outlets that could be accommodated in any Blundell Park fan zone. GTFC cannot be seen to be associated with second-rate Haddock. Whereas locally produced Lincolnshire sausage is easy - grill and keep warm - serve with onion and a wholemeal bap - a fine pre-match snack to go with a pint of Batemans...(I would prefer properly poured Dublin Guinness in a glass but clearly not going to happen in any Blundell Park Fan Zone)

You are making me hungry 😋
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 36
KingstonMariner
May 7, 2021, 5:44pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I object strongly to seeing Pettit’s Inflatable Sausage! I know it’s 2021 but that’s a step too far.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 36
lukeo
May 7, 2021, 6:07pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,346
Gold Stars: 142
Filled in during my lunch break earlier. Enjoyed answering alot of it although at times it was difficult as I wasn't sure whether to answer it 'pre take over'
Overall another fantastic idea and I'm massively falling back in love with our club ♥
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 36
jamesgtfc
May 7, 2021, 6:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
Great to see some engagement and people willing to learn what we want as fans. Whether they act on our ideas or not, at least we feel valued at long last.

Not completed it yet but I would like to see the relationship with the media being much less strained than in recent years. I appreciate that is a two way street though...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 36
promotion plaice
May 7, 2021, 7:39pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

Got to question 21 and it wouldn't go any further when I clicked on Next  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 36
KingstonMariner
May 7, 2021, 7:51pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from promotion plaice

Got to question 21 and it wouldn't go any further when I clicked on Next  

Happened a couple of times to me when I didn’t answer questions that were either something I didn’t have an answer for or didn’t have a N/A option on the how do you want to pay for your season ticket.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 36
forza ivano
May 7, 2021, 8:08pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
Completed the survey.

Funny how Filipe has changed his tune since Phillip somehow managed to retain his place on the board

just saying......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 36
pizzzza
May 7, 2021, 8:34pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from forza ivano

Funny how Filipe has changed his tune since Phillip somehow managed to retain his place on the board

just saying......

Has anyone ever seen Filipe and Phillip in the same room?
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 36
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
May 7, 2021, 9:19pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +827
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from pizzzza

Has anyone ever seen Filipe and Phillip in the same room?

Does anyone want to?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 36
dicko995
May 7, 2021, 10:11pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
They should of added a 3rd one, Fenty the Fillet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 36
ginnywings
May 7, 2021, 11:59pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
But didn't JF explain to us why it was not feasible to have fish and chips on the menu at the ground, despite them being available for the corporate lot in the Upper? Another example of the regular fans being short changed because they couldn't be arsed to sort it.

Not sure what the food stalls are going to be selling in the fan zone as yet but you can bet it will be better than the crap on offer at the moment, Think there is going to be "street food" of various types.

I do know the bar will be run by Docks Beers in the fan zone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 36
Posh Harry
May 8, 2021, 6:55am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,344
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

You had me until you mentioned wholemeal bap. If your gonna treat yourself then I wouldn’t be going for wholemeal!!

Might be healthier but the fatty sausage and fried onions would suggest health isn’t top of the agenda 🙂

UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 36
barrattstandman
May 8, 2021, 8:46am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +478
Gold Stars: 17
We won't pack the park cos we love the owners . Only a winning team will do that  after the initial euphoria  dies down .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 36
DocDock
May 8, 2021, 9:11am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +235
Gold Stars: 3
Completed the survey last night, definitely spent a fair amount of time on it, especially with some of the answers.

If we are as expected going to stay at Blundell Park for the foreseeable future, then the matchday experience definitely needs improving and i’m pleased to see the board addressing this. It’s just some of the minor things that’d make it so much more enjoyable to go watch a game. Why can’t we have food that’s comparable to the food at say Kidderminster? Why can’t we have decent alcohol and drinks options? Docks Beers are clearly up for some sort of deal with the club. Again Docks beers does this well with the food options having had different food options over time, I’m sure local food companies would be happy to strike up a deal. The other more basic facilities such as the toilets definitely need improving. The PA is another that needs improving too.

I’m not wanting or expecting improvements to the stadium or capacity, this would be an unnecessary cost, but the other things I’ve mentioned are areas that could be fairly easily altered in my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 36
ginnywings
May 8, 2021, 9:16am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from barrattstandman
We won't pack the park cos we love the owners . Only a winning team will do that  after the initial euphoria  dies down .

I think that remains to be seen. Season ticket prices and what players we sign will have a bearing.

I also know of 2 or 3 lapsed fans who will be returning and suspect there are many more, but ultimately, we need to get winning games regularly and it would help if we had a decent cup run.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 36
buckstown
May 8, 2021, 9:47am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,171
Gold Stars: 79
I actually mentioned Kidderminster in my survey. My brother in law and I used to meet for midland games occasionally and we picked Kiddy purely on the reputation for food. (we weren't disappointed)
I want GTFC to use it's position as a professional sports team to help less fortunate people enhance their health and wellbeing. Get into schools and start early.
First thing on the list is good entertaining football, because as others have said the matchday experience will soon lose its attraction if the team are pants
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 36
perthgeoff
May 8, 2021, 11:04am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +196
Some fantastic ideas posted on this forum. There are many comments regarding encouraging children to be involved which should be high on the list.  Get them interested and the club will have a fan for life, I know as I became a fan in 1941 when the Mariners played their games in Scunthorpe and am still a fervent fan and would`nt  have it any other way. Sadly I live too far away to be part of the exciting revival. Good luck to all involved,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 36
Theimperialcoroner
May 8, 2021, 11:41am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,141
Gold Stars: 102
What the yanks do really well is food trucks. I know they are starting to be a tiny here, but the fanzone would be ideal for this as we as Docks of course.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 36
forza ivano
May 9, 2021, 11:11am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
JS tweeted yesterday that  1700 people had completed the survey within 24 hours of it being launched
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 36
LH
May 9, 2021, 12:32pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
If I’m honest not having to make a choice between going to the toilet, getting a pint or getting some food at HT would be a start. No reason all three can’t be done in 15 mins.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 36
lee65
May 9, 2021, 2:11pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,480
Gold Stars: 10
Please remind me, where is the “fan zone” likely to be sited?, and would access be dependent on which stand your ticket is for?
Also, as a Findus stand supporter do we think the existing bar will still remain in use?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 36
ginnywings
May 9, 2021, 4:34pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from lee65
Please remind me, where is the “fan zone” likely to be sited?, and would access be dependent on which stand your ticket is for?
Also, as a Findus stand supporter do we think the existing bar will still remain in use?

It will be between the Findus and the Osmond, so both home and away fans can use it. It will be separate from the ground, so you will need to leave and then go to your chosen part of the ground. It will have it's own entrance/exit, so people who are not attending the match can also use the facilities. I think that's the plan anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 36
aldi_01
May 9, 2021, 4:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from ginnywings

It will be between the Findus and the Osmond, so both home and away fans can use it. It will be separate from the ground, so you will need to leave and then go to your chosen part of the ground. It will have it's own entrance/exit, so people who are not attending the match can also use the facilities. I think that's the plan anyway.

That would make sense although could they also perhaps make use of the big empty space between the main stand and pontoon?

I’d block off the car park but I appreciate that’s unlikely.

A fanzine with decent ale and decent food would be a welcomed addition. Even if it’s not for you, it should still be recognised as a positive.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 36
lee65
May 9, 2021, 6:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,480
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from ginnywings

Thank you Ginny, sounds like a good plan  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 36
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans survey

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.