1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Zmariner
May 6, 2021, 9:52am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43
Having watched the interviews with the new owners.
Re-watched again this morning. Season-ticket renewal 100%, I’m in utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
BottesfordMariner
May 6, 2021, 11:17am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
I think if Fenty was still in charge there would have been a big drop off in ST sales, even more so with being relegated.

The new ownership does provide some hope for the future and I am sure ST sales will be boosted despite National League football on offer. Whether we can get back to the 3K or so pre-covid I am not sure.

It is still not guaranteed whether fans will be back in the grounds by next season (though we all would hope so) or if there will be capacity restrictions at grounds. Depends on how the virus goes really though it is hoped some kind of normality returns as we go through the year.

It will be interesting to see the new owners strategy. Following a relegation do they increase prices, keep the same or even consider reducing them? Maybe not on the scale of say Bradford but to build on the enthusiasm and the dawn of a new era attract as many fans as possible to buy a ST? Boost the team as they bid to get out of the league at the first attempt.

This time last year most ST holders declined to take up the offer of a refund for the season being cancelled in order to support the club financially. About a 1000 of us bought ST this season even though it was on the understanding it would not be refunded for the time fans werent allowed to be in the ground. Most of us hoped that we would be able to take our (socially distanced) seats at some point ....it never happened unfortunately. It turned out to be a rather expensive I Follow pass instead. We did it to support the club. It would be nice if this was recognised in some way even though i fully understand this pre-dates the new ownership.

Now is the time for us to get behind the club and team again and look forward to a better future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
Mariner16
May 6, 2021, 11:20am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +478
Gold Stars: 4
There is a big take up on Mariners Trust memberships over the past 20 hours too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
forza ivano
May 6, 2021, 4:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,136
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Mariner16
There is a big take up on Mariners Trust memberships over the past 20 hours too.

that's good news. any idea of numbers?

ps they've already said that they will be rewarding those 1400 who bought season tickets this season. will be announced next week
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
Mariner16
May 6, 2021, 4:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +478
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from forza ivano

that's good news. any idea of numbers?

ps they've already said that they will be rewarding those 1400 who bought season tickets this season. will be announced next week

166 in 24 hours apparently!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
forza ivano
May 6, 2021, 4:46pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,136
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Mariner16

166 in 24 hours apparently!

wow, that's a 25% increase in membership in 1 day! (think i read that there 720 members 6 weeks ago)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season tickets for new season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.