Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Two new YouTube videos from Grimsby Town
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 372 Guests

Two new YouTube videos from Grimsby Town

This thread currently has 1,640 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Nelly GTFC
May 5, 2021, 11:14pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +24 / -6
Approval: +2,694
Gold Stars: 30
Video posted in the last 20 minutes - 11pm (GMT+1) at the time of writing.

[youtube]jG2B7jIatAo[/youtube]

[youtube]LIs7FfvsQs8[/youtube]

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
forza ivano
May 5, 2021, 11:29pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,141
Gold Stars: 265
As professional investors I suspect from the oblique references they've made, that they have zero respect for fenty. I bet if we played fenty bingo ' ignorant, amateur  small town, small fry' would be high on the list

Liked the barb at 7 mins in. New directors will come in for talent or expertise they will bring, not a mates club!!
Staff have been told theyve got a chance to shine if they share and embrace the vision. Obviously you could read that as it's our way or the high way. Noticeable lack of praise or even mention for the present CEO.suspect hes toast unless he displays previously unseen levels of vision, imagination and ability in the next few weeks
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
moosey_club
May 5, 2021, 11:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from forza ivano
As professional investors I suspect from the oblique references they've made, that they have zero respect for fenty. I bet if we played fenty bingo ' ignorant, amateur  small town, small fry' would be high on the list

my favourite today has been..." this is not a financial based investment for us....because it would be a bad one".... says it all.

Also regarding the fact they arent immediately looking at a new ground until they would be convinced its sustainable, that to me also speaks volumes, it maybe is a smack in the face given the promises of the last board/ owner but i think its a sign they feel confident enough that they can generate additional income, finance, profit exactly where we are for the time being with their plans.

Already seeing the value in expenditure on things which previous regime didnt, new playing surfaces, backroom staff and technology/ infrastructure...things which dont scream "immediate return" on expenditure but are foundations to improve long term.

Good day.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
ginnywings
May 6, 2021, 12:27am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from moosey_club

my favourite today has been..." this is not a financial based investment for us....because it would be a bad one".... says it all.

Also regarding the fact they arent immediately looking at a new ground until they would be convinced its sustainable, that to me also speaks volumes, it maybe is a smack in the face given the promises of the last board/ owner but i think its a sign they feel confident enough that they can generate additional income, finance, profit exactly where we are for the time being with their plans.

Already seeing the value in expenditure on things which previous regime didnt, new playing surfaces, backroom staff and technology/ infrastructure...things which dont scream "immediate return" on expenditure but are foundations to improve long term.

Good day.

They said that things had been "over promised" regarding a new ground. Quite!

What was also apparent is them saying that they are not football people, so will look to employ people that are, to take care of that side of things, and they will concentrate on what they are good at. How many years have we been saying that we needed someone in the club who knew football, not just how to balance the books?

There seems to be no artifice with the pair and you wouldn't know they were multi millionaires to look at them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
mimma
May 6, 2021, 12:31am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,545
Gold Stars: 78
What I like the most about  these two, is the fact that they admit they don't know anything about running a professional football club, so they have brought in an expert in the field, at their own expense, to help sort out the mess that they have inherited. He has a big job on his hands.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
aldi_01
May 6, 2021, 6:00am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
These two are miles in front...even the language they use.

I shed a tear as I realised we can no longer play Fenty bingo...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
acko338
May 6, 2021, 3:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,211
Gold Stars: 33
Sounds like any potential future investors will have to bring in personal money, not benign loans or dodgy deals.

Any new shareholders to be personally vetted for skills and acumen as well as their cash?

These guys seem to know and fully grasp that they will need a 7 day use community stadium with ways to bring in continual income on non match days, hence no swift promises.

Wouldn't surprise me to see an offshore eco / renewables energy link as part of a docks development as the stadium location.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Two new YouTube videos from Grimsby Town

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.