This thread currently has 4,908 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
April 22, 2021, 9:36pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188

Bought just about every Town game on iFollow this season but I think I will give this one a miss.

Not sure I can bring myself to watch a game that will probably be the final nail in the coffin  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
HertsGTFC
April 22, 2021, 9:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from promotion plaice

Bought just about every Town game on iFollow this season but I think I will give this one a miss.

Not sure I can bring myself to watch a game that will probably be the final nail in the coffin  

I’m kind of thinking the same ☹️

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 29
The_Laughing_Mariner
April 22, 2021, 10:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,040
Gold Stars: 10
Did you go to Burton?

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 29
arryarryarry
April 22, 2021, 10:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Gold Stars: 113
Did you go to Burton?

Just going to post the same.

Who will invade the pitch, James Findlater and John Tondeur?
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 29
aldi_01
April 23, 2021, 5:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from arryarryarry

Just going to post the same.

Who will invade the pitch, James Findlater and John Tondeur?

Fenty, with a deconstructed flag that used to say ‘it’s not my fault, I am the saviour. I propped this club up and we got a new portacabin’.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 29
pizzzza
April 23, 2021, 10:24am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,657
Gold Stars: 135
One thing that won't be deconstructed this time will be Oldham's advertising hoardings.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 29
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 23, 2021, 10:36am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +6,985
Gold Stars: 283
Did you go to Burton?

Of all the depressing games that I've attended that was probably the most depressing. I couldn't get in the Town end so sneaked in to the stand on the right hand side of the ground (as Town fans looked at it). Had to watch a bloody awful performance on the pitch and the spectacle of 'our' morons as the inevitable approached. I didn't go to another Town game for a long time.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 29
DB
April 23, 2021, 12:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,880
Gold Stars: 383
I'll be watching the Oldham game, can't be any worse than the Tranmere away under Holloway. As usual definite win for Town 1 - 0.

I was clutching straws, but I'm down to my last one!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 29
Les Brechin
April 23, 2021, 2:01pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from DB
I'll be watching the Oldham game, can't be any worse than the Tranmere away under Holloway. As usual definite win for Town 1 - 0.

I was clutching straws, but I'm down to my last one!

The fat lady ain’t singin’  just yet, but she’s warming up behind the curtain.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 29
tashee69
April 23, 2021, 2:22pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +966
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from aldi_01

Fenty, with a deconstructed flag that used to say ‘it’s not my fault, I am the saviour. I propped this club up and we got a new portacabin’.

He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy !! 🤣

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 29
FishOutOfWater
April 23, 2021, 2:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Les Brechin

The fat lady ain’t singin’  just yet, but she’s warming up behind the curtain. new portakabin

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 29
grimsby pete
April 23, 2021, 3:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221

You are going to miss a treat then PP  Oldham are top scorers in the division and have let in more goals than everybody else

We are going to win 7--6  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 29
Zmariner
April 23, 2021, 4:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43

Too many bad memories from that day at Burton. I will not even watch the port Vale game I have paid for never mind the away games
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 29
oochiad
April 23, 2021, 4:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,647
Gold Stars: 27
It’s my bday weekend so I’ll enjoy and watch a lovely win thankyou very much! UTM!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 29
pen penfras
April 23, 2021, 6:34pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Watched every game this season. Not wasting my time any more when the weather is so nice. Something outside with the family sounds better
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 29
Northbank Mariner
April 23, 2021, 7:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
It's my time with the boy, I'll be watching, it's not over yet, almost a case of double jeopardy, we win, Colchester lose and we go again Tuesday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 29
DB
April 24, 2021, 12:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,880
Gold Stars: 383
I wonder what the team will be. I hope Coke is fit to play as I didn't rate Lamy or Spokes in the last match. Spokes seem out of his depth and lost the ball twice which led to 2 of their goals.

Oldham I think are the top scorers and let in the most goals so probably 4 4 2.

Macca

Waterfall   Hewitt   Menayense  Hab

Khouri  Matete  Coke   Clifton

Shop    Hanson

Khouri has done well but tires, so bring on Jackson at half time or early in the 2nd half. As for the rest of the subs Green, Starbuck, Adlard, Rose, Lamy.

If I'm wrong and we're not winning( or worse Colchester and Barrow are) then I'd like to see Adlard and Starbuck given some game time to see how they get on.

Still, for me, a definite Town win, a performance like the Bolton one and I'm clutching my remaining straw.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 29
Mayaman
April 24, 2021, 1:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,259
It's a bit like the end of a relationship, isn't it? You've known it's really been over for some time but little things make you think it can be resurrected.  She starts being nice to you again and you go out for dinner or coffee and a little flame is rekindle (the unbeaten run).  Then she seems to be getting a lot of messages from someone else (Bradford).  Your heart sinks.  But, she pops up and invites you to her friend's birthday party. You feel warm and fuzzy as people remark how you look so good together. (Bolton). Your basking in the glow together for a few days when a mate spots her in a pub with a bloke with hair and lacking a paunch. (Morecambe).  But if anything you're an optimist and you hope it's one of her gay friends (Oldham)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 29
promotion plaice
April 24, 2021, 1:53pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188
Quoted from Mayaman
It's a bit like the end of a relationship, isn't it? You've known it's really been over for some time but little things make you think it can be resurrected.  She starts being nice to you again and you go out for dinner or coffee and a little flame is rekindle (the unbeaten run).  Then she seems to be getting a lot of messages from someone else (Bradford).  Your heart sinks.  But, she pops up and invites you to her friend's birthday party. You feel warm and fuzzy as people remark how you look so good together. (Bolton). Your basking in the glow together for a few days when a mate spots her in a pub with a bloke with hair and lacking a paunch. (Morecambe).  But if anything you're an optimist and you hope it's one of her gay friends (Oldham)

Yeah, pretty much sums it up for me.

A Gold Star coming your way     

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 29
FishOutOfWater
April 24, 2021, 2:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mayaman

That's a very poignant and very funny analogy

I've just heard that old Carole King song, "It's too late"  as well

About the end of a relationship but just as relatable to our love of football too  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 29
Mayaman
April 24, 2021, 2:54pm
Brandy Drinker

Yeah, pretty much sums it up for me.

A Gold Star coming your way     

Thanks mate.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 29
Mayaman
April 24, 2021, 5:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Mayaman

OMG he was gay.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 29
AussieMariner
April 24, 2021, 5:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,073
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Mayaman

Crikey then she gives you a blow job (Oldham) - does that mean we’re definitely going down now? Or staying up? I’m confused...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 29
Heisenberg
April 24, 2021, 5:30pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,805
Gold Stars: 89
Mayaman, I’m ordering you to stay with that b#tch, no matter what!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 29
Abdul19
April 24, 2021, 6:36pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
Quoted from Mayaman

You sound like that funny fella who managed QPR and Blackpool  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 29
FishOutOfWater
April 24, 2021, 8:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mayaman

And now she's turned around saying how confused she is ..... is she making a big mistake?

Can there be yet another roll of the dice before she slams the door for the last time?  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 29
Mayaman
April 25, 2021, 12:50am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Abdul19

You sound like that funny fella who managed QPR and Blackpool  

I've never been so insulted in my live.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 29
FishOutOfWater
April 25, 2021, 12:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mayaman

I've never been so insulted in my live.

At least Abdul didn't approach you about this behind your back  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 29
lukeo
April 25, 2021, 7:51am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
..... All of this and yet her sister (Doig) had no clue about what was going on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 29
Davec
April 25, 2021, 7:52am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from lukeo
..... All of this and yet her sister (Doig) had no clue about what was going on.

Apparently she only saw about it on social media!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 29
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Oldham v Town  

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.