Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Attendances next season.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 290 Guests

Attendances next season.

This thread currently has 6,470 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
April 21, 2021, 4:27pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Lots of external factors to consider too. Will restrictions be in place and masks and temperature checks etc be required? Will online coverage still be available? Will you have to get there earlier and leave in sections? A lot of people have got out of the habit of going and we have spent over a year being told "crowds are bad". It's going to take a while to get back to "normal" for everyone. That's assuming that everyone is even in work and able to afford to attend games as they used to.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 30 - 48
Tangerine Chris
April 21, 2021, 4:59pm
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
Quoted from RichMariner

I'm an exile so can't really buy a ST, but I would if I knew I could get back on Saturdays and Tuesday nights.

You could purchase a ST, then donate it to the trust, who could then pass it on to someone who can not afford one

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 48
marinerdazza
April 21, 2021, 5:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,780
Gold Stars: 81
Ska face summed up my feelings about league 2. And given we’ve been relegated behind closed doors it doesn’t really seem that much of a big deal. Yes it’s a disaster, but we’ve been hovering for most of the time we’ve been up and frankly I haven’t enjoyed it at all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 48
Zero_as_a_limit
April 21, 2021, 5:34pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +109
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Tangerine Chris

You could purchase a ST, then donate it to the trust, who could then pass it on to someone who can not afford one

Do the Trust run a scheme like this? I'd be prepared to do that (assuming the incoming owners are sensible in how they price STs).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 48
KingstonMariner
April 21, 2021, 5:35pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Zero_as_a_limit

Do the Trust run a scheme like this? I'd be prepared to do that (assuming the incoming owners are sensible in how they price STs).

I think the difficulty will be determining who would be given them. They would become a mini Benefits Agency.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 48
ginnywings
April 21, 2021, 6:29pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from jaygy
Fans will be swayed a lot more if the new owners looked more into the matchday experience. Too many fans see going to games now as a chore or habit rather than a day out with friends or family. The introduction of fan zones, having a beer and food inside the ground, maybe meet players that aren't in the matchday squad, fun things for kids to do or similar ideas would get many more people into the ground. Ultimately results on the pitch make a difference but the matchday experience needs a total upgrade and hopefully the new owners will quickly look into this

This is something that will be happening.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 48
moosey_club
April 21, 2021, 6:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,211
Gold Stars: 226
Big swing for me would be match restrictions and  away day possibility. If we get to a point by July where crowds look like they will pretty much be unrestricted meaning we can also go away then I think I will commit to one.
If the govt are still fcking about with trials and limiting numbers and enforcing seating patterns/ restrictions then I wont.

Would really want to get behind the new owners, so that going through is also a must.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 48
Yoda
April 21, 2021, 6:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,121
Gold Stars: 71
For me hurst does not inspire me neither does non league football might go to the county c
game that would’ve it for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 48
Swansea_Mariner
April 21, 2021, 7:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,430
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I think the difficulty will be determining who would be given them. They would become a mini Benefits Agency.

Maybe the club would let the trust raffle the seat off on a weekly basis, 50p a go, all proceeds to the youth team or something similar
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 48
lee65
April 21, 2021, 7:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,480
Gold Stars: 10
Whatever your thoughts of the rights or wrongs of this; don’t you think there is a big possibility of some form of lockdown again during some of the winter (key footy) months, say October onwards?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Attendances next season.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.