Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Attendances next season.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 110 Guests

Attendances next season.

This thread currently has 6,472 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Swansea_Mariner
April 21, 2021, 8:05am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Hopefully lots will rally around the new owners and attend matches. We need everyone we can get to pull together because as bad as this is, it's not as bad as last time, for the simple reason that the albertros will have exited stage left.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 48
DB
April 21, 2021, 8:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,003
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Hagrid
Domt think we get Ifollow in non league DB

What I meant was that the viewing figures on ifollow this year would give an indication of how many fans actually are willing to watch live games. I know in some homes it may be more than one, I think the average follow sales are around 1,000 per match so that may translate into over 1,000 fans attending games many of whom may buy season tickets.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 48
Madeleymariner
April 21, 2021, 8:22am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Season ticket sales will be below 2000, but if no crowd restrictions we could easily start with 4500+ which could drop off or by at least 25% within a few weeks, all dependant on the first few results. Decent crowd for opening game as people have been missing actually going but without a winning start enthusiasm will soon disipate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 48
jungleland
April 21, 2021, 9:26am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +124
I won’t be renewing my season ticket    Just can’t face this non league again    Pick the odd game just gutted really
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 48
Hagrid
April 21, 2021, 9:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,371
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from jungleland
I won’t be renewing my season ticket    Just can’t face this non league again    Pick the odd game just gutted really

i completely understand your choice, and fear many will be the same

I do have a question, if the club came out and said between 150/200 Like bradford do for ST's do you think there would be a large uptake?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 48
golfer
April 21, 2021, 9:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 115
How much parachute payment will we get - 1st year 100% of Basic Award - 2nd year 50%  but how much will it equate to in £ s d
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 48
ska face
April 21, 2021, 9:38am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,607
Gold Stars: 840
As shít as non league is, L2’s hardly been anything special has it?

You still only get a few hundred in the away end most weeks, less than that from your Morecambes, FGRs and Cheltenhams. Atmosphere on its arśe, stewarded to death then get maybe 30 seconds on Quest about 10 to midnight.

The quality of football is dire, pitches dire, the whole lot was a bit of a let down after coming back from 6 years in the wilderness. The only thing I’ll miss is the League Cup which gives you a decent chance of pulling a big draw if you can scrape past the first round. Even then, you’re only playing against a Prem youth team.

The situation’s what you make of it. At least we can go into next year with a bit of positivity after having that cancerous lump Fenty removed, we just need to keep it going.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 48
ska face
April 21, 2021, 9:42am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,607
Gold Stars: 840
Quoted from golfer
How much parachute payment will we get - 1st year 100% of Basic Award - 2nd year 50%  but how much will it equate to in £ s d

About £500k first year, £250k second I think?
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 48
cmackenzie4
April 21, 2021, 10:07am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
I agree with Ska face,  I will still go to games (when I can due to work commitments) I’d imagine the amount of season ticket sales will depend on the situation with the new board, there is a massive opportunity here to get fans on board and really go for it, we need a total clear out, this could be a new dawn for the club.

I had it in my head that we were going down around December/January time, I just had this feeling, I’m not happy with going down but I’ve sort of accepted it, that day at Burton I was devastated but this time I feel different, I do feel let down but that pain what I experienced last time we dropped out of the league isn’t there.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 48
ginnywings
April 21, 2021, 10:09am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Depends what happens on the pitch. We could do a Lincoln or we could do a York.

Think the club is at a bit of a crossroads and a lot of people are really p1ssed off with what has gone on since we got back into the league. I personally haven't bought a season ticket for the past 2 seasons, although I still attended a good percentage of games the season before and got into the Ifollow thing at the start of this one. Stopped watching a while back and didn't listen to the commentary either, it was too depressing.

Have to admit that I have no passion for non league and hated it last time. Never ever thought we would be daft enough to end up back there yet again and if nothing were to change regards ownership and direction, I doubt I would be attending much.

Having waited years for some fresh blood and new ideas on the board, it's absolutely typical GTFC that we are going to start the new era in non league. It's a massive kick in the bollox, but myself and the regular attendees I go with all feel that we want to support the new guys, despite our impending relegation.

I hope that there is more thought going into the pricing structure of season tickets and more incentives to purchase one, but ultimately, if we remain crap on the pitch, the crowds will suffer. A lot of people have been turned off by the whole matchday experience, from the poor facilities to the poor football on offer and the feeling that we have been taken for granted with nothing in return.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Attendances next season.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.